• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    But just a bit, and it wasn't because I was scared, that occurred in situ.

So both restrooms were coincidentally occupied at my house. No telling how long it'll take my roommate to finish up in our bathroom, nor would I care to find myself in there after he leaves, so I step into the backyard to relieve myself. I walk down the flank of the yard and start takin' care of business. I'm just minding my own, doing my thing, when I hear a rustle and look down to find that I'm splashin' on a 2.5' copper head. I jumped about 5 feet high and behind. That's what caused the wetness. I was startled, I guess you could say.
    Target Sports

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    With a wife and teen daughter in the house and only 2 bathrooms I do a lot of pissing in the yard.

I hope you killed the shit out of the copperhead. Up where I live the biggest I've seen them get is just under 2 feet but they are fierce as hell and more aggressive than grandmas chihuahua. I usually leave snakes alone but I kill the shit out of every copperhead I see.

You're lucky you got out of it with just a little piddle on your pants.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I nearly crapped my pants this morning. Still half asleep, I headed to the truck for my thermos, opened the front door to the house.
    2 ducks had slept on the front porch. When they took off I jumped back inside and slammed the door before I realized what was going on.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I nearly crapped my pants this morning. Still half asleep, I headed to the truck for my thermos, opened the front door to the house.
    2 ducks had slept on the front porch. When they took off I jumped back inside and slammed the door before I realized what was going on.

That's funny right there!

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    That copperhead probably just didn't feel threatened by the small snake that appeared.

Sorry OP, but you left yourself open.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    qa2u5ury.jpg

From the desk of a literate squirrel named Leonard.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    But just a bit, and it wasn't because I was scared, that occurred in situ.

So both restrooms were coincidentally occupied at my house. No telling how long it'll take my roommate to finish up in our bathroom, nor would I care to find myself in there after he leaves, so I step into the backyard to relieve myself. I walk down the flank of the yard and start takin' care of business. I'm just minding my own, doing my thing, when I hear a rustle and look down to find that I'm splashin' on a 2.5' copper head. I jumped about 5 feet high and behind. That's what caused the wetness. I was startled, I guess you could say.

There's a difference between "pissed on yourself" and "pissed yourself." You're good.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    LOL I knew this story would be well received.

I didn't kill it, though I did want to. I had to call one of my two dumb boxers off from it. She was confused because I yelled at her, which I never really do, so she backed away and knew I was telling her to go inside but was too scared from my voice so she just backed away and sat down. At any rate, by the time I got her curious-ass inside it had slithered off into the night (somewhere alongside the shed).

So.... how do you guys kill your snakes?

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    So.... how do you guys kill your snakes?

Seems like there was a "snake killing thread" floating around here a few weeks ago. If there isn't one, there should be.

My personal favorite is 40gr lead round nose Remington Thunderbolt .22 LR. Killed many a snake with said round, with revolvers, pistols, and rifles.

If we're talking in town, a shovel or garden hoe does just fine.

From the desk of a literate squirrel named Leonard.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    12 gauge. I am an overachiever.

Had a few when I lived in the country. At first glance they can look like a pile of dog crap when coiled up.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Scout Camp a long long time ago one of the kids was a master story teller. 6 of us in a tent and he got just about everyone so scared they were shaking. I was on edge but not that bad and needed to pee.

I exited the tent, went way into the woods away from camp. Peed and headed back.

On my way back I noticed that most of the other boys had followed suit on the pee break but had stayed in close to the tent. Bad camping etiquette.

Most were still mid pee when I picked up a big log and threw it into the camp area growling and yelling.

All of the boys got pee on their pants. Two notables: one started running with his pants down around his ankles. Another tried to climb the tree he was peeing against one hand on his peeter.

The tent smelled that night but I laughed every time I thought of why.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Had one coiled up by my garage door quite a few years back. Me and my dad managed to somehow use a big tree branch to stuff it into a flimsy clear plastic pastry container. I tossed it into a nearby ravine/creek.

For the record we live in the burbs.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom