• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Unless it is a N95 mask they are pretty much useless. But by golly they said on CNN that wearing a mask is what you need to do. Morons.
    If it's an N95 mask, then it probably has a valve and is useless for protecting other people from you. Which is what they're claiming is the reason for all the mask pushing hysteria.
    Capitol Armory ad

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I stopped by Krogers this evening on the way home... about 95% of the customers had mask on.

I stopped at mine yesterday morning and the percentage was even higher. Unusual since it's been maybe a little more than 50% in prior visits.

I also got carded. I thought the Tuesday morning senior only hours lasted until 7am. Nope, cop outside stopped me and said it was until 7:30am. I'm a few years younger than 60 so I was too young to buy groceries at 7am.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I stopped at mine yesterday morning and the percentage was even higher. Unusual since it's been maybe a little more than 50% in prior visits.
    The social dynamics of the mask thing is getting interesting. There are several clear groups it seems:
    * Wearing a mask, looking sheepish. Probably thinking "this is stupid and unnecessary"
    * Wearing a mask, glaring at non-wearers. Thinking: "the news told me that you are killing me with your irresponsibility. Two million of us are going to die!"
    * Wearing a mask, looking tired and old. Thinking: "I have no immunities. You could LOOK at me and I would get sick. I'll wear the mask for added safety."
    * Not wearing a mask, thinking "I miss the good old days."
    * Not wearing a mask, thinking "In your face, authoritarian creeps!"
    * Joe Biden: "Huh?"

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    * Wearing a mask, looking tired and old. Thinking: "I have no immunities. You could LOOK at me and I would get sick. I'll wear the mask for added safety."
    This is the one group of mask-wearers who should be wearing masks. But the masks they're being told to wear are doing nothing to help them, and probably putting them at much greater risk.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Unless it is a N95 mask they are pretty much useless. But by golly they said on CNN that wearing a mask is what you need to do. Morons.

I'm by no means an expert, and I understand the difference between an N95 and a surgical mask, but it seems like every few years a new SARS, MERS, Bird Flu, Corona Virus... pops up in China and spreads through the far east and we all hear how it's going to be the next pandemic and it's the end of the world. The folks over in that part of the world seem to have a pretty good grasp on how to stop these new pandemics, and it does seem to involve masks.

They also have a population density much closer to New York than to West Texas, and I think population density has a lot to do with how important a mask is in stopping the spread of these types of diseases when they first get going and we don't understand them. Especially if the wearer could be infected and not know it.

But it may be more because it forces everyone to pay attention to how they cough, how often they touch their face, etc.

The problem here was made worse by the fact that by the time it hit, you couldn't buy masks anymore, so none were recommended as to not cause panic.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Got a call from Gov. Abbott reelection folks today, telling me how bad it will be when and if the Dems win in November...

She explained what the Dems would do....then I interrupted and said....like make us all wear masks?

Yes, she explained.....to which I replied....

Just like Governor Abbott?

to which she said.....That's different.......

I said no, actually it isn't, have a nice day.....and discontinued the call..............

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I have been making trips to the doctor recently. I wear a mask to get in and then it becomes a chin protector. The medical community has lost a lot of respect for pushing this crap.
    !. Hearing Aids
    2. Oxygen
    3. Glasses
    4. Stupid Mask
    I need ear extensions

Top Bottom