• ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Praying for those in Ian’s path.

Being on the Gulf Coast makes many of us aware of what those in Florida are preparing for right now.

Florida’s geography will make for a rather difficult and long evacuation route. This looks like it will be a bad one no matter where it makes landfall.

I don’t envy those making preps right now. I was without power for two weeks with both Ike and Harvey, and I’ve lived through many a hurricane since Carla.

I don’t think I would be planning to ride this one out if I lived in it’s path.
    Hurley's Gold

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Have a friend who lives in Orange Beach. They just got their place back to normal from the last one.

They had 4 boats in their back yard when they got home. And their dock was gone. They had put theirs in storage before the storm. Took a long time to get those things hauled off. They had substantial damage to their property.

Last edited:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    True. Along with storm chasers of all types!

Harbor Freight best stock up on blue tarps…

Screenshot_2022-09-27-13-35-57.png

Northern Tool doesn't like you much. Haha

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't get it. Seems that many of the MSM is trying to blame hurricane Ian's intensity on climate change.

I still remember seeing the devastation from Camille when me and my mother were moving from the Bahamas to Las Vegas in 1971. Camille hit in 1969. Yet climate change is to blame for Ian? Camille was a category 5 hurricane.

How is Ian, a category 4 hurricane, more intense due to climate change?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I don't get it. Seems that many of the MSM is trying to blame hurricane Ian's intensity on climate change.

I still remember seeing the devastation from Camille when me and my mother were moving from the Bahamas to Las Vegas in 1971. Camille hit in 1969. Yet climate change is to blame for Ian? Camille was a category 5 hurricane.

How dare you question them you terrorist....

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yep. And I believe the Galveston storm of 1900 still holds the records for the most deadly hurricane and the lowest barometric pressure ever recorded.

It must have been all the emissions from the livestock and the steam engines back then.
    Not sure about the deadliest, but I believe the most intense recorded hurricane to hit the US was the Labor Day Hurricane of 1935. Bet they were blaming that on climate change too.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW

Thats the rulers trying to scam us out of our money

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    "There's nothing to back up what they're saying is," he continued. "There were about 16 major hurricanes between 1916 and 1965 but only six since 1965. So, clearly major hurricanes happen with lower levels of carbon dioxide. That doesn't add up for them."

Democrats blaming climate change for Hurricane Ian at odds with science, experts say

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de...change-hurricane-ian-odds-science-experts-say

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    And, there was the hurricane of 1886 that completely destroyed the town and port of Indianola...

The only reason there were so few deaths was because there were so few people...

Zombodroid_30092022023743.jpg

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Not sure about the deadliest, but I believe the most intense recorded hurricane to hit the US was the Labor Day Hurricane of 1935. Bet they were blaming that on climate change too.
    Deadliest, not even close. The 1900 Galveston Hurricane killed at least 6000 but est up to 12k. The entire Strand district was a morgue and they had to burn huge piles of bodies. The smoke could be seen from Houston

Top Bottom