• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Dude why? You could have had a nice comfy bed. You PM me if you don't get out.

Awesome thanks. I may need a ride from the DFW airport to the Hampton Inn in Mesquite.

Our tentative plans are to ditch the flight to Austin all together now and meet the Mrs at the hotel tonight.

If any TGT members drive this route regularly anytime between 2pm and 5pm, I'd sure appreciate a lift !! Would save me an expensive cab fare. I know it's a long shot but WTHeck, right ?!?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I think all of Austin was on 2hr delay this morning, but other than just a little frost on my windshield it wasn't icy at all. It was great driving to work this morning.. zero traffic!

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've seen the weather reports for all the nasty cold ya'll are getting. The Weather Channel showed a swath of where all the cold and icy temps are running.....from the Dallas area up through the central U.S. states to the Ohio valley. Winter hasn't "officially" arrived yet but the cold and nasty weather is already here.

Right now, in Las Vegas, it's 32º at 0900 hours. Was around 28º when I dragged my old ass out of bed at 0430 hours. I'm supremely glad I'm retired. I checked the weather at the work location I flew to each day and up there, at 5,500 feet in elevation, it's 11º. I know my former coworker, the lead tech on our system, and our system engineer are freezing their asses off. The engineer "homesteads" up there....he drives up on Tuesday and drives back on Friday (work week is Tuesday through Friday - 4 10-hour days - he doesn't fly any more). So a difference of around 245 miles and 3,000 feet higher in elevation (Las Vegas is at 2,900 feet) results in some definite COLDER temps. No ice on our roads here but there hasn't been any rain or snow either.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Took me 10 minutes less to get to work today. I was going 35mph headed south on 75 to richardson. Didnt see another car on the road until I hit Allen.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Granbury, Texas ... began last night about 6 or so.

Ice_Dec62013.jpg

And that is Chloe the knucklehead

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Second go around out here in two weeks. First time was for about 2 1/2 to three days. Loks like sub freezing temps. and ice out here again until at least Sunday. What fun this is, :-(( :snowman:

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Yup, my power went out at 3:57AM , yes AM! It just came on at 2:35PM. That was not fun.
    Roads too icy to go to work so stayed home

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Still no power but very comfortable. Wife and I have been all over town checking on everyone and dropping off supplies where needed. Now headed to the land to break ice on the ponds.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    " Got a text msg cancelling work today. Unfortunately, I was at work when I got it. "

That's should be one of the extra verses the Ironic song by Alanis Morisette

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Got a text msg cancelling work today. Unfortunately, I was at work when I got it.

At least you're a trooper that got up, got dressed, put on some deodorant (I hope) and trekked to work, which I know is no small commute for you. Must be your military background that sparks that will to make it happen. FWIW, in all of my working days (please don't have me get out the calculator) I can only remember one day I missed work due to weather. And about 20 of those years were in Illinois and New Jersey.

What's that worth? Absolutely nothing except to me.

Stay safe friend.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    How quickly we turn on ice!

Ice for cold beer.

Ice to relieve a bad sprain.

Ice in the ice chest to keep the fish fresh.

Sit on ice and go fishing. (How did we get there)?

It is ice, not the apocalypse.

Top Bottom