I'd like your opinion on this.

Status

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas
Lady freaked and resisted. Troops reacted with force. Plenty of blame to go around. Plenty of room for both sides to do better.

No one is a winner in these threads lol

Southpaw

Forum BSer
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.
I wouldn't label them as bad.
Perhaps shooting at a vehicle moving away from you was a bit over the top, but all's the woman had to say was, "sorry and have a nice day" after she received her ticket. As far as I'm concerned, she chose to escalate the situation with children in the vehicle and took the choice away from the officers to not react in some sort of forceful fashion.

The bigger picture here is why would she think fleeing from the original officer a viable alternative to getting a speeding ticket?

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas
I wouldn't label them as bad.
Perhaps shooting at a vehicle moving away from you was a bit over the top, but all's the woman had to say was, "sorry and have a nice day" after she received her ticket. As far as I'm concerned, she chose to escalate the situation with children in the vehicle and took the choice away from the officers to not react in some sort of forceful fashion.

The bigger picture here is why would she think fleeing from the original officer a viable alternative to getting a speeding ticket?
Don't know the details of this story so my comment now is based on watching some of these stops on video. Why do some women completely freak out? It seems like it is some kind of mechanism of disbelief that what is happening to them is really not happening. That their level of denial is so high it triggers these outburst and reactions. They just flip out because this will wreck their day, their schedule or whatever is going on in their "mommy" day can't be altered. I guess LEOs probably speak better to that as I' sure they've dealt with all types in their day.

Anyway, back to this story, in this link: Cop Shoots At Minivan Full of Kids (VIDEO) | The Libertarian Republic

Two officers have been removed from active duty and Oriana Ferrell is being charged with five counts of abuse of a child, aggravated fleeing an officer, resisting an officer, reckless driving and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to The Taos News. Her teenage son will be charged with battery of an officer.

New Mexico State Police said they allegedly found two marijuana pipes in the minivan.

Wonder if the mom was aware of the pipes and paraphernalia?

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Feb 25, 2013
San Antonio
You know, I feel bad for the officers involved in this. This woman, and her harum of misfits are 100% to blame for the entire situation. While I have my reservations about the officer who showed up at the end, and started shooting, I have to believe he was either A) Shooting out tires or B) unware of the children in the car.

I dont think they should have been removed from active duty though

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
Shooting at a moving vehicle is deadly force. Was that justified, is the question for the officer who fired.

I don't think the officers up to that point used enough force.

Status

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads