• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    I'm glad to see someone actually has the unedited video as I've been looking for it. This still boils down to an intentional failure to comply with lawful instructions and ultimately resisting a lawful arrest by the driver. Not excusing anything she did. Still, there is nothing here in my eyes that justifies the other officer's decision to shoot at the vehicle. The logic of preventing a chase into a populated area by shooting at the vehicle doesn't fly. I can't see any agency approving such actions and I can't see any threat to justify deadly force.

The first cop was trying to cut the driver a break and she blew it. Her continued resistance set in motion, everything that followed with regard to her own arrest and the chase that endangered her children as much as the officer shooting into her car. Two wrongs don't make it right. Both exhibited copious amounts of stupidity there and both were wrong.
    Lynx Defense

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Get Some !

Exactly.

Breakingcontact needs to go on a few ride-alongs to get a taste of what law enforcement officers deal with on a regular basis. Without that, he is just forming an opinion based on zero experience, what the Brits used to jokingly call an "unmarried marriage counselor." Much like trying to explain to someone what it is like being in the military, unless they experience that themselves firsthand they will never understand it.

Do I think the use of lethal force was the right move? Not exactly, but it was justified. Like it or not, several felonies were committed by the woman and her son, and there is nothing the cops did that warranted their reaction. She was pulled over for a simple speeding citation, she could have easily signed it and gotten probation when she went to traffic court. But instead she decided to flee and her son committed an assault on a police officer. So tell me again who is responsible for escalating the situation?!?

And yes, "Criminals dont have act with restraint," which is why the police must impose restraint on them!

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Exactly.

Breakingcontact needs to go on a few ride-alongs to get a taste of what law enforcement officers deal with on a regular basis. Without that, he is just forming an opinion based on zero experience, what the Brits used to jokingly call an "unmarried marriage counselor." Much like trying to explain to someone what it is like being in the military, unless they experience that themselves firsthand they will never understand it.

Do I think the use of lethal force was the right move? Not exactly, but it was justified. Like it or not, several felonies were committed by the woman and her son, and there is nothing the cops did that warranted their reaction. She was pulled over for a simple speeding citation, she could have easily signed it and gotten probation when she went to traffic court. But instead she decided to flee and her son committed an assault on a police officer. So tell me again who is responsible for escalating the situation?!?

And yes, "Criminals dont have act with restraint," which is why the police must impose restraint on them!

Forgive the citizen for dare questioning the actions of one of our gods. What sane person in their right mind begins shooting at a vehicle with children in it as it is speeding off? Must be a coward. And **** the ride alongs. How about one of those bastards come work with one of us for a day and learn some humility.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Forgive the citizen for dare questioning the actions of one of our gods. What sane person in their right mind begins shooting at a vehicle with children in it as it is speeding off? Must be a coward. And $#@! the ride alongs. How about one of those bastards come work with one of us for a day and learn some humility.

Lol, ok.

Should I bring my own mower or do you have one I can borrow?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom