• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Lady freaked and resisted. Troops reacted with force. Plenty of blame to go around. Plenty of room for both sides to do better.

No one is a winner in these threads lol

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I wouldn't label them as bad.
    Perhaps shooting at a vehicle moving away from you was a bit over the top, but all's the woman had to say was, "sorry and have a nice day" after she received her ticket. As far as I'm concerned, she chose to escalate the situation with children in the vehicle and took the choice away from the officers to not react in some sort of forceful fashion.

The bigger picture here is why would she think fleeing from the original officer a viable alternative to getting a speeding ticket?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I wouldn't label them as bad.
    Perhaps shooting at a vehicle moving away from you was a bit over the top, but all's the woman had to say was, "sorry and have a nice day" after she received her ticket. As far as I'm concerned, she chose to escalate the situation with children in the vehicle and took the choice away from the officers to not react in some sort of forceful fashion.

The bigger picture here is why would she think fleeing from the original officer a viable alternative to getting a speeding ticket?

Don't know the details of this story so my comment now is based on watching some of these stops on video. Why do some women completely freak out? It seems like it is some kind of mechanism of disbelief that what is happening to them is really not happening. That their level of denial is so high it triggers these outburst and reactions. They just flip out because this will wreck their day, their schedule or whatever is going on in their "mommy" day can't be altered. I guess LEOs probably speak better to that as I' sure they've dealt with all types in their day.

Anyway, back to this story, in this link: Cop Shoots At Minivan Full of Kids (VIDEO) | The Libertarian Republic

Two officers have been removed from active duty and Oriana Ferrell is being charged with five counts of abuse of a child, aggravated fleeing an officer, resisting an officer, reckless driving and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to The Taos News. Her teenage son will be charged with battery of an officer.

New Mexico State Police said they allegedly found two marijuana pipes in the minivan.

Wonder if the mom was aware of the pipes and paraphernalia?

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    You know, I feel bad for the officers involved in this. This woman, and her harum of misfits are 100% to blame for the entire situation. While I have my reservations about the officer who showed up at the end, and started shooting, I have to believe he was either A) Shooting out tires or B) unware of the children in the car.

I dont think they should have been removed from active duty though

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Shooting at a moving vehicle is deadly force. Was that justified, is the question for the officer who fired.

I don't think the officers up to that point used enough force.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Let's just say, based on recent events, I sure as hell ain't going to New Mexico.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't think the officers up to that point used enough force.

I agree with what this doofus said! :)

The first cop totally lost control of the situation. If deadly force was justified at all in this mess it was when the 14 year old young man was assaulting the officer not when they were driving away slowly with no cop in the minivan line of fire.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Why is it that people can't have a damned opinion about anything regarding LEO'S without being cop bashers or cop worshipers?
    Note that I am not addressing the op's question. I no longer attempt to post thoughtful replies to these threads.

Why?

Having held for many years a position where people would cheer if I (or any of my fellow Officers) got a wasting disease, I understand how sensitive people can be. However, I will never understand the ability of most people to bring their prejudices to the discussion. I have mine - but I recognize that and deliberately set them aside when trying to form an opinion.

For my trouble, I've been treated dismissively on TGT by folks on both sides. Yes, it seems some people are all in on their side and everyone (in their opinion) truly is either a worshipper or a basher.

I find the situation both sad and anti-intellectual.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    For as little as I know, I dont think the PoPo's over reacted. Lady was pulled over for speeding. She refuses ticket. 2nd time she pulls over 14 yo inside rushes at popo's. WTF people. Pull over, talk to the PoPo's. If you're guilty, you get a ticket. If you're not, you get a warning. Sometimes of you're guilty, you get a warning. WTF !!!! If I had reacted this way, yes, I would expect to po po's to shoot (at the tires or what ever). I think those mile long chases are BS. End up in un-involved civilians being killed by the ahole running a stop sign, etc.

I personally have been pulled over under questionable circumstances on both sides (theirs and mine) and have been on the right side all times just by being a reasonable human being.

PS, this is why I was released from jury duty today. I'm not impartial. I think most people are dumb asses.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Look how fair and balanced I am.

Rah rah police: If he would have shot the 14 year old attacking him, id have not seen a problem.

Boo po po: The single cop shot at (did he hit anything?) the vehicle as it was pulling away slowly and not endangering anyone.

I really need to be a part time cop so i can criticize cops when they deserve it and be teflon coated against being called a cop basher.

I guess that whole thin blue line is pretty thick.

Imma hafta find some police shootings i agree with and post on here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom