• ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'll break up the events section.

I probably won't make a Military section for one reason, it's the majority of the existing, and encompassing, Rifles forum. At least until we get a larger member base. Then we will have a need to segregate things more due to the clutter.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Maybe a bigger gun review section.I would not mind sending in some of my guns for testing.Something like Fortier does for Shotgun news.

I think it is better to test and review your own weapons... Most hard pressed weapons tests leave the tested weapon pretty used up and at the end of its servicable life. But feel free to send me free guns to shoot. I don't mind!

I think we are pretty set up for now. The forum isn't overly crowded, and everything is still easy to find. We need more members for sure. Expand the numbers, expand the forum.

HOWEVER!

A "vent" forum would be kind of cool. I see from other forums I am on that people like to clutter good info with their mindless drivel from time to time when they need to vent about something. It can get retarded quick. A designated forum for bitching about our new crap day at the range, which doesn't really need a reply to would be interesting, and would keep the drama out of the main body. Just an idea though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    I can't think of anyother things i would add but i do have to say that there is some joker on here by the name of Texas1911 that has been nothing but help since my first post. wether he replies to one of my posts or i come across one of his older ones he always seems to say something that i can learn from. lol THanks man!

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    What do you like?
    Made in Texas for Texans; simplicity of the layout; a manageable number of forums (i.e., don't add too many more ;) ); great members.

What do you want to see more of?
    I like it just the way it is.

What do you want to see less of?
    See previous question/answer.

If you could change one thing what would it be, and why?
    I would change the name of the "Pistols" forum to "Handguns". Revolvers are handguns, but they are not pistols. Yes, you can probably prove me wrong on this, but I'm old school about it.

What can we do to attract more members?
    Hack and destroy the competition. Just kidding!

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I would change the name of the "Pistols" forum to "Handguns". Revolvers are handguns, but they are not pistols. Yes, you can probably prove me wrong on this, but I'm old school about it.

Just when I thought I didn't have anything to add TXSUT hits one on the head. I agree with the change from pistol to handgun. I'm certain nobody feels they can't post a new thread about their revolver because of it but I also tend toward the traditional definitions as well.

Other than that, I just want to give you a good old fashioned "attaboy" for the great job you do with your forum.
    yourock.gif

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Done

What can we do to attract more members?
    Hack and destroy the competition. Just kidding!

Kill them slowly with kindness. They facilitate their own demise.

Infamous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    North Dallas
    how about regional sections that split the site off into DFW, austin, san antonio, houston, etc just like texas gun trader does?

i think it would go towards further uniting members in certain regions. our state is huge. it could eat all of those nancy east coast yankee states all at once.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Well, Reverend stole my thunder with the whole "vent" column. I know venting from the range would produce some solid entertainment for those who wish to hear about the unconciously incompetent and how they are so clueless in all things guns. Not to mention the guy who wanted to rent a gun for $10 and keep it overnight. Or even Carlos, who was told there was a two and a half hour wait to shoot ( there were 3 open lanes at the time. ) , because we suspected he could have possibly been drinking. He said he would wait, and promptly came back with Corona in hand. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get on a soapbox, but this information needs to be shared so others can learn from it, recognize it, and possibly be amused. I also agree on some sort of schedule of local ranges (when and where?) so members can get together and make some joyful noise. We try to spread the gospel of TGT to our customers. ( Hello! Come on back and shoot away those post-Ike blues! ) It's been proven this site has the best Grill-Men and BBQ Men than any other site. So don't miss out on the BBQ's, lurkers. It's also been proven that the official TGT T-shirts make us all 10 % better looking. So buy one! No other site can make that claim. You guys are the Chuck Norris of web forums. Thank you Alan and Travis, you guys provide a great forum with great members. It's a great relief from some of the other sites. We look forward to meeting new and current TGT members, Especially Talon Arms! Thanks guy's and gal's!
    Jeff @ Shiloh Shooting Range

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    how about regional sections that split the site off into DFW, austin, san antonio, houston, etc just like texas gun trader does?

i think it would go towards further uniting members in certain regions. our state is huge. it could eat all of those nancy east coast yankee states all at once.

That has the habit of creating niches of people that never talk to the others. It will be implemented when we are further down the road and we need to slow down some of the forums.

onecoolpilot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    I know this doesn't really help much, but I love this forum. I am still going through and reading the older stuff to catch up on things

I come here twice a day to see what all is going on and to learn as much as possible.

Thank you for this board and for everyone's efforts that make it as good as it is.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    I have been watching and reading this forum, almost from the start and cannot figure out how to get it 'jump started' in the forums. It is a great site and it is from a great state. There are many educated people here (gun and life related) that have a lot of input on many venues that we can discuss and convey knowledge to others that are maybe of a different upringing. I would love to pass on some of the things that I have learned {sometimes the hard way} and learn from others things that get us down the road. Thanks for the website and your work to keep this.

atxbandit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Personally I think you are doing a great job Alan. The only thing I can think of that would make the site better would be email alerts when someone replies to your post. Some other forums let you mark threads to watch. When a new reply is posted you get an email letting you know.

Top Bottom