• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I haven't done one in a while, and we've picked up some new blood. I'd like to know what you guys think we can improve on, and also some ideas for the forum.

Some questions to get you started:

What do you like?

What do you want to see more of?

What do you want to see less of?

If you could change one thing what would it be, and why?

What can we do to attract more members?

Thanks!
    Hurley's Gold

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    Maybe a "general discussion" forum along with a "gunsmithing" or "do it yourself" forum. Also, a military guns forum would be good.

As you are already aware, most other successful guns forums specialize in one particular type of gun, thus they draw a crowd that has interest in that type of gun. This forum is all about general discussions on the 3 major types of guns, rifles, pistol and shotguns. I know that you are in search of an identity for this group, but right at this minute I can't think of much else to help steer its identity in one direction or the other. But I will keep pondering this issue and let you know if I can come up with any more specific ideas.
    Thanks for your time, effort and funding to provide this site. Good to have something for us Texans.

kenj8172

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Houston
    I also like the idea of a "how to/DIY" section. I have to say though, I am a big fan of this forum and I check it almost daily!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    I like the fact that there are TEXAN shooters that i can ask my questions about legislation in our great state. i have gotten some good answers on CCW and legal car carry.

I also like the idea of DIY/ how to section. maybe a place for pics of handguns, rifles, NFA, shotguns, etc.

cpf3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    I do like the fact that you're interested in member feedback. I'm really new here (spend a lot of time on the SIGforum) and really haven't found anything to gripe about.

I like the fact that it's a 'Texas' forum and hope it'll be a way to meet shooters in my area (when I decide just where that is).

Thanks.

Chuck

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Maybe a "general discussion" forum along with a "gunsmithing" or "do it yourself" forum. Also, a military guns forum would be good.

As you are already aware, most other successful guns forums specialize in one particular type of gun, thus they draw a crowd that has interest in that type of gun. This forum is all about general discussions on the 3 major types of guns, rifles, pistol and shotguns. I know that you are in search of an identity for this group, but right at this minute I can't think of much else to help steer its identity in one direction or the other. But I will keep pondering this issue and let you know if I can come up with any more specific ideas.

Thanks for your time, effort and funding to provide this site. Good to have something for us Texans.

We have an existing Gunsmithing forum: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gunsmithing/

I like to think our niche is Texas. We really can't focus on a particular set group of firearms because everyone is so diverse. Our strong-point is pistols, but you'll find a million different choices in there.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I also like the idea of a "how to/DIY" section. I have to say though, I am a big fan of this forum and I check it almost daily!

I'll rename the "Others" into "General Firearms".

I'm going to go ahead and add "How-Tos" to the name on the Articles section. The Articles section basically is going to be the reference section for things of that nature. If people need help they have the various forums (pistol, rifle, etc.) to start a new thread in.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I also like the idea of DIY/ how to section. maybe a place for pics of handguns, rifles, NFA, shotguns, etc.

Pictures can be posted in any of the applicable forums.

Ie. You want to post pictures of your new Wilson 1911.

Go to Pistols --> Start New Thread --> Title: "Pictures of my Wilson Combat Full-Size"

Some of the forums have picture threads stickied at the top as well.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I enjoy this site much in part because it's made in Texas, I would like to see a political section although they can get nasty at times.

Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    I like the way the forum is set up, don't think you really need to change much. I like the fact it is local, and also the fact that it is one of the only firearm forums I can get to through my work firewall.

I think maybe an organized "media section" would be good, so one specific subsection just for pictures/movies/whatever media about the firearms, and a section for just reviews. But thats just me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    I am a member of the Hi Point forum becasue i own one and a member of the talkbass.com forum becasue i am a bassist. I guess the single biggest thing that attracted me to TGT was the fact that it is a forum ran by texas shooters for texas shooters and looky here, i am a texas shooter myself. It just helps to be able to relate to people with similar interests as you especially if they are geographically near to you.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    How about a split off from the Events forum of a shooting day planner type thing. Sort of a FYI I'm headed to the range or looking to head to the range if anyone wants to meet up. Could also be used more as an informal get together posting area and won't clutter up the Events area as much.

Malladus

jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    I am one of the guys who do check this sight at least one time a day, most of the time several times. The only thing I woould like is a place for the military guns. yeah I have several old guns from different countries, Mosin Nagant, british 303 ans steyr as well as AR15.

I do like it just the way it is. and will continue to enjoy it daily. I wish to thank you for such a good site for Texans.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    How about a split off from the Events forum of a shooting day planner type thing. Sort of a FYI I'm headed to the range or looking to head to the range if anyone wants to meet up. Could also be used more as an informal get together posting area and won't clutter up the Events area as much.

Malladus

i like this idea too.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Maybe a bigger gun review section.I would not mind sending in some of my guns for testing.Something like Fortier does for Shotgun news.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom