Gun Zone Deals

Ideas For Making a Small Hibachi Style Grill.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    For me, the main objective in all this is simplicity of operation and ability to cook with a small amount of charcoal. It's usually just me, and if I have to use 1.5 lbs of charcoal to fire up a grill for one steak or piece of chicken, I just don't do it.
    Capitol Armory ad

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I've cooked two steaks and a piece of salmon on the "Loafer Grill". It all turned out great.

This is another option I may consider for when I am traveling/camping.
    This is the way to go. It will take some modification, but it's twice the size of the loaf pan and with a little modification of wiring it together and setting it on a couple of bricks it works well. Less than $10 delivered.
    In the meantime, I found out that Kroger charcoal sucks!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    This is the way to go. It will take some modification, but it's twice the size of the loaf pan and with a little modification of wiring it together and setting it on a couple of bricks it works well. Less than $10 delivered.
    In the meantime, I found out that Kroger charcoal sucks!
    Granted my Kamado is a totally different beast then ya'll improvised grills, but lump charcoal beats charcoal briquets hands down!

When I'm done with my kamado I choke down the top & bottom vents. My charcoal goes out. Next time I just add to whats left if I need to. It's just me & the wife & if I'm grilling I do a couple of things. Yesterday & did steaks & burgers. If we don't over nuke the burgers they rock. When I smoke something I basically get several meals. My Rare Eye of Round lasted 2 weeks. When I do chicken I tend to always spatchcock 2 birds. With the wife mom in the nursing/rehad I send her with some leftovers for her dad. He's got a deconstructed burger she's taking him tomorrow. Toast the bun, nuke the burger he gets lettuce & a tomato slice. I figured has mustard, mayo, cheese & burger dill pickles.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Presenting, the 12 briquet charcoal chimney! A can of V8 was sacrificed and drank To make this possible.
    She ain't purty, but she works just fine!
    AND most importantly, it was skfullgun-style - FREE!

Attachments

• 20210812_162528.jpg
      20210812_162528.jpg
      796.7 KB · Views: 75
    • 20210812_162559.jpg
      20210812_162559.jpg
      708.2 KB · Views: 63

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    About to throw another piece of beef on the cast-iron contraption!
    When I empty a 1lb propane cylinder as a small charcoal chimney. Anybody volunteer to drill into it when it's empty?
    Seriously, I'll probably "ventilate" it from a safe distance before I cut into it!
    Screw a burner valve on and open it up. It will be safe to drill then.

Top Bottom