Idiot-speak by women

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by TrailDust, Dec 9, 2009.

1. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Is it just me, or is anyone else out there irritated to death by what I call "idiot-speak" that's afflicted an obscene number of females in this country from 5 to 50 years old. The best way I can describe it is a general Valley Girl way of talking but with a partially paralyzed tongue, and with the addition that every sentence has to be ended with the last word drawn out. Example:

"We were waiting for Wendy and she was like, you know, taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr. So, like, you know, I had to call herrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. But, like, she just wasn't answering her phonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne. Like, where is sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?"

If you all have any idea the manner of speech I'm talking about, does it drive you as nuts as it does me?

2. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Oh yeah!!!
    My youngest daughter started that crap at about 13 years old and it took about a week before she realized that dad I was about to slap her into next year.
    I told her if she didn't stop that crap I was going to slap her so hard and so far she would meet herself on the trip back home.
    She didn't stop but she sure didn't talk that way at home any more.

3. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    First of all I want to puke every time I hear people use "like" in a sentence. It like, blows my miiiiiiiiiinddddddd. I kept my kids from using it by extreme enforcement. My house was a "like"-free zone. Some seem to think the moronic speach is charming or cute. Frankly I think it is just moronic. In the sixties every sentence was punctuated by the words "you know". You know what I mean?

4. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Thank you, gentlemen, I'm glad to know it's not just me!!!!!!!!!!

An interesting observation that she does it elsewhere but not around you, which helps confirm my suspicions that it's done on purpose, just like guys walking around using "black-speak" and flailing their arms and hands around like an L.A. Crips gang banger flashing gang signs, "Yo, bitch, what up?" :mad0071: :banghead: Therein lies another modern classic...sigh....

I've got to say after growing up in the 60s and 70s I was afflicted with that pretty bad after so much exposure, and I have to make a conscious effort to not do it. "You know" really hit our generation pretty hard.

5. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Every generation has had it's share of dumb-ass speech patterns, but the one you describe is particularly annoying to me because it is so condescending to the listener. Seems to be an attempt to show the speaker to be more "with it" "Oh look at me, I'm so wonderful, and I'm being bothered by such and such because she doesn't answer the phone"

And what drives me up a wall is... "he goes" then "she goes" and then "I go" all they while clipping the words... not quite pronouncing the entire woord because it's too much of a bother.

Word.

6. Freedom1911

Freedom1911 Active Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    ROTFLMAO. That was too funny

7. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I think what you're describing is another gem of dumbing down the English language by not saying adverbs properly. Oh, wait, I should have said, "...by not saying adverbs proper." :rolleyes::mad0071: This dropping the "ly" from adverbs drives me nuts too. Hearing even supposedly educated newscasters saying, "They broke simultaneous...." or "Drive safe!" :banghead: I've got to say the idiot-speak women are doing nowadays irritates me the most, and I'll walk away from any conversation some dumb-ass is talking like that or mute the tube for the same reason. If these represent the future of English-speaking people, I can imagine how bad it can get. Do u like you know wut I'm like saying or whatttttttttttttttt?"

8. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Yeah TD its the "COOL" way to speak.
    One of her best friends tried pushing my button one night with it.
    I gave her three options.
    1 - Stop and live out her life with all her limbs on the outside of her body.
    2- continue and I would stick my hand so far up her butt I'll pull her inside out by one of her nipples
    3- Go home and don't come back.
    She practically lived at our house so she took option #1

9. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Someday we've got to get together, even if I have to fly to Texas just to join in on one of the BBQ get-togethers. You're my kind of people, man.

10. Stangfan93

Stangfan93 Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    xXI cAnT sTaNd WhEn PeoPle TyPe LiKe ThIsXx

Although TeXaS does look kind of cool when type that way. I have been watching the new episodes of Scrubs and there is a character on there named Cole. I can not for the life of me stand the way he talks!

I may have talked like a teenager and used a lot of different slang from when I was younger but, I am 26 and have taught myself to talk like a normal adult.

But the way the OP described the way the girls are talking, that is actually prevalant in some parts of Mexico. Where there is more money in that area. They call it Fresa and I can not stand it. It sounds like whining. My g/f's cousin and friend came over to visit and after a few days a few things were going to happen.

1) Hit the most offensive one in the mouth
    2) stick q-tips in my until ear drums pop.
    3) blow my brains out.

Almost went with #2, cant hit a woman no matter how annoying and I like living. Sometimes the verbal bile that comes out of peoples mouth I could stand to live the rest of my life without hearing.

Lucky me it never came to that. They left.