Join TexasGunTalk

Idiotic, Meaningless Political Statements. Please post.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Charlie, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Left, right, or in the middle ............................ politicians seem to make the most idiotic statements trying to give a non-answer to a simple to answer, direct question.

For example, quoted from an article in today's news;

"We have the possibility of making sure it doesn't happen again," said by our president, Barry Sorento. Huh! Isn't that always the case? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. PhulesAu

PhulesAu TGT Addict

Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Anything that comes out of sheila Jackson lee's mouth.

3. Kennydale

Kennydale Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    Scariest words spoken: Hi! I am from the Government, and I am here to help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. IXLR8

IXLR8 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    "Read my lips... No new taxes"

5. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    She would need her own thread!!

6. London

London The advocate's Devil. TGT Supporter

Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I once saw Shrillary Clinton speak in person. The entire 20 minute speech she gave was absolutely nothing but vague and meaningless feel-good crap.

For example, this was her example of taking a position on Mexican foreign policy: "I believe Mexico is our friend, and not our enemy!" She made sure to use the same inflection in every single sentence that kindergarten teachers use when reading books to their class. It was like watching the end of that shitty movie The Candidate where the politicians speak so vaguely in their debates you can't even tell what party they are from. I couldn't believe people actually walked away from that speech impressed.

She might as well just have said, "I like good things and I hate bad things!" and left the stage.

7. Hondo

Hondo Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    +1

8. zenfly

zenfly Member

Jul 26, 2013
    change

9. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    ....hope....

10. PhulesAu

PhulesAu TGT Addict

Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Perez, a gun owner himself, supported the rest of the measures sent to the governor.

The proof that we’ve struck the right balance is that we have the strictest gun control laws and that people are still able to go out and buy the guns they want to buy if they legitimately have the right to own them,” he said during a news conference after the year’s legislative session had come to a close.