• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • si vis pacem para b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I have been toying with the Idea of IDPA for a few months now can anybody recommend a club near Cypress in Houston. Would you recommend going to an event without the intentions of participating just to get a hang of how things go, or would it be acceptable to just dive in.
    Guns International

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    I'd like to second this motion. Could someone give a little assistance with some Houston area shootin' ?? I really would like to sit in on a few matches to get a feel for how things work and if I'm cut out for it. Or maybe I should say........" If it's cut out for me "

Thanx.
    burnout.gif

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    This isn't in north Houston, but my fiance and I are going to start IDPA at Memorial Oaks Shooting Centers www.moschouston.com . I met the IDPA President and range officer for that particular group and great guys.

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    Man, I'm like 10-12 minutes away from there! I'm basically at 59 and Beltway 8,but I only shoot pistols!? Cool? I know absolutely nothing about any of this stuff,although I have been shooting for about 20 years(deer,dove,squirrel,varmints,unlucky lizards,evil coke cans). I've lost a few guns,and for some reason in the last few years I've just lost intrest in hunting,but have been wanting to shoot pistols. So I went and bought one,but I have to have a goal in shooting and I figured some kind of competition would give me a direction to head in.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Last saturday my gun club had a match going on. Seems like way to much sun & heat for this simple fat bastard.

Indoors brotha! Indoors = A/C :D plus MSOC is currently in the process of constructing a shoothouse... Shoothouse + A/C =

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Indoors brotha! Indoors = A/C :D plus MSOC is currently in the process of constructing a shoothouse... Shoothouse + A/C =

Hell at first glance my dyslexia had me read STEAKHOUSE! I got to thinking, MMMmm I generally do go out to eat after shooting how great would it be to shoot & eat steak at the same time!

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Hell at first glance my dyslexia had me read STEAKHOUSE! I got to thinking, MMMmm I generally do go out to eat after shooting how great would it be to shoot & eat steak at the same time!

Haha.. Wow, I know what to start building now... Shooting range with full service Hooters girls serving you steak...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Haha.. Wow, I know what to start building now... Shooting range with full service Hooters girls serving you steak...

Hooters never did it for me. I guess there are problems with totally nude chicks serving food from a health code point of view. I guess if you keep the A/C down really low a very worn out T-shirt could work. All tips would be placed in a special floor tip holder so they have to bend over to pick them up. Did I mention the worn out T-shirt being the only uniform thats approved by management!

I might add I don't think this is sexist. Just the crazy thoughts of a fun loving guy!!

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Hooters never did it for me. I guess there are problems with totally nude chicks serving food from a health code point of view. I guess if you keep the A/C down really low a very worn out T-shirt could work. All tips would be placed in a special floor tip holder so they have to bend over to pick them up. Did I mention the worn out T-shirt being the only uniform thats approved by management!

I might add I don't think this is sexist. Just the crazy thoughts of a fun loving guy!!

Yea, myself and a few buddies of mine started investigating what it would take to open up a Hooters out here in Katy. From what we gathered, all the territories were pretty much taken up unless you wanted to open one up in the Ukraine or China. Plus, not to mention the need to already be established restaurant owner, oh and the $6mill+ of liquid assets was another bump in the road... :p

Sorry if we took this off topic a little. I'll stop now...

As far as IDPA, I think Porter and I along with our fiance/GF's will begin attending matches and sessions as MOSC.

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    How about a joint where we can shoot our own steaks!!!!!!!:D

Back on topic for a second,are these matches at MOSC only for long guns,or pistols too? and are there going to be regular events(weekly,monthly,local league "bowling night"kinda thing,etc..) or only officially sanctioned events?

Porter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2008
    Houston
    How about a joint where we can shoot our own steaks!!!!!!!:D

Back on topic for a second,are these matches at MOSC only for long guns,or pistols too? and are there going to be regular events(weekly,monthly,local league "bowling night"kinda thing,etc..) or only officially sanctioned events?

Pistols only, to the best of my knowledge.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    Shiloh has IDPA style shooting on Thursday nights from 7 to 9.. We're working on becoming an official club, a few of the shooters from memorial oaks have migrated over recently. Good group of guys, those interested should stop by and standby. lol get it?

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Cool beans,I think I may give it a look next Tuesday. Hopefully soon I can make arrangements for my CHL.

We're taking the girl and I are taking their CHL class this Saturday. I think their might still be some spots open.

Top Bottom