• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twincannons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    North Texas
    Terrell Rifle and Pistol Club will hold it's 3rd saturday of the month IDPA match the 18th of Oct. Setup starts at 0700 and first rounds down range at 0900, lunch and drinks are included in your match fees. With an average number of shooter at around 40 we have been finishing up before noon, eating and tearing down before 1330 hours. New shooters are welcomed so come out and have a great time.

www.tr-pc.com

Look here for match fees , maps and contact information.

JD.
    Target Sports

onecoolpilot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    Copied from Texas CHL forum..

If you're coming in through Terrell on Highway 80 East -- be aware the turn to 429 NORTH is not very clearly marked.

429 North is about a mile east of the intersection of Hwys 80 and 34. There is an Exxon Station and a Child Care center on the northeast corner of the intersection.

80E_429N.png

Turn North on 429, drive about 7.5 miles
    Turn right on CR-344. It dead-ends into a cemetary (how's that for irony?)
    Turn left on CR-345 and follow that road to the gate of the TR-PC range (on the left).

If you want a cell phone number - PM me and I'll give you mine.There isn't a phone at the clubhouse, so be sure to print out the directions before you head out. That google map link isn't working (it doesn't recognize the "County Road" address). I've emailed the webmaster to let him know.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    It looks pretty good for a 'morning pass' from my wife, so I can attend this match. I looked at the rules, but have a few quick questions. If I want to shoot, how much ammo will I need? Is there anything, besides ear & eye protection, that I need to bring with me? Can I use any holster that I would use for concealed carry?

Twincannons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    North Texas
    I would bring at least 100 rounds, just in case something happens and you get a reshoot. Also since we have been finishing up early, you might have a chance to practice on a couple stages after everyone is done shooting. Your conceal holster will work fine as long as it is strong side draw, no crossdraw holsters are allow in IDPA. Bring what you got some folks bring extras just in case some one forgets something, see ya there.

JD

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Well, that certainly was a lot of fun. I even did the challenge a couple of safety officers were doing after lunch. It was nice meeting everyone, though I don't think I got anybody's name. I'm sure I'll do it next time, too. My wife would enjoy it, I'll have to make sure she comes next time.

onecoolpilot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    I was "-" this close to you and didn't even know it. I asked around a few new people but I never figured out where you were.

I was picking up brass while you guys were challenging Sue. My wife took part in that challenge too.

Bring your wife next time, if she likes guns at all, she'll have a great time.

Jeff

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I was "-" this close to you and didn't even know it. I asked around a few new people but I never figured out where you were.

I was picking up brass while you guys were challenging Sue. My wife took part in that challenge too.

Bring your wife next time, if she likes guns at all, she'll have a great time.

Jeff

That's funny! I asked a couple guys at lunch if anyone there was on this forum, nobody was familiar with it. We may get a couple of new members from that.

The guy with the revolver challenged Sue, then afterwards, she asked if I wanted to try it. It looked fun, so I went to change pistols (I was shooting with my compact, but went to get my target pistol for the challenge). I was surprised to beat both of them, it must have been my lucky moment.

At the challenge, I was the guy in a medium-blue colored shirt that had to keep pulling magazines from his pockets. I see where those belt mounted mag holders come in handy. I remember your wife from the challenge, she looked to be enjoying the event.

I am sure my wife will make it out there with me next time. I look forward to actually meeting you.

Top Bottom