APOD Firearms

IDPA this Saturday 9/28 @ ARC Whos going? Want to go?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Im planning on making the Texas Tactical IDPA shoot this weekend. Any of you IDPA guys going or anyone wanting to try for the first time.

Hit me up if you want to squad together. Im no expert but i can show you the ropes if its your first shoot.
    ARJ Defense ad

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Hmmm possibly, since the multigun match doesn't appear to be getting a reschedule. Only thing I wonder about is if my factory 124gr (and for that matter my 124gr handloads) meet IDPA power factor....or am I thinking of USPSA?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Dude, I want show up in flip flops and run a Lorcin, Cobra, or other cheapo throwdown gun. It would be hilarious to run circles around people with some crappy $100 or less gun. ;)

Rushthezeppelin, don't worry about your ammo, it's fine. Things are pretty lax with Texas Tactical. There's no chrono'ing of ammo or anything like that. Heck, onetime I ran my 147gr hand loads with the bare minimum of Blue Dot. Basically had a pump action Glock with the recoil of a .22. ;) LOL

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Hmm. I think I will be sitting in my stand waiting (okay...more like hoping) to shoot me a doe while you guys are getting started!!!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Good seeing you guys again. Pretty decent day at the range. On one stage I got beat by 2 seconds by our SO who was shooting a Smith Model 19 revolver that was 1 year older than me! ;) LOL

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    That was a blast. I learned a TON and even surprised myself a bit with my accuracy. Just need to work on procedure for stages as I made a few mess ups on not staying in cover and such. But I hit all but one BG and not a single GG so I think thats pretty good in of itself : ) Thnx for the scoring, help and advice Sig.

Edit: Did I mention I fired 76 rounds and came home with nearly 300 brass to load :D

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Dude, you did a great job for being your first time! EVERYONE has the "jitters" at first. It'll take going to a few matches to start getting used to the timer, the pressure it puts you under, learning to visualize and mentally "plan" your run beforehand, etc. Like I said, though, most people have a lot of problems with accuracy under that pressure, and you had good accuracy, so you're off on the right foot.

Here's the scores:

Texas Tactical - Match Results

Just enter the password: tactical

Top Bottom