• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speepdaedeesi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    houston
    i live in the 1960/champions area and am going to be building some targets and doing idpa at home via airsoft. i need a few guys to help out/chip in and maybe get this thing rolling into a club. anyone interested?

Hurley's Gold

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hmmm that could be cool you could save a lot of cash on moving targets and jsut have your fredin run around the living room

;)

speepdaedeesi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    houston
    i will be doing it either way. have an airsoft version of my carry gun on the way. will be making targets over the next few weeks and doing some basic stuff. i am new to idpa but i do something 100% or dont do it at all. right now its just me and another guy.

speepdaedeesi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    houston
    dont know how it could be as expensive as range time? airsoft rounds are 10 bucks for 5000 rounds, range time is free in my backyard, airsoft version of most pistols is 30-50 bucks, and targets/plates can be made for free and reused..

and its not my plate rack...

just sayin...

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    It should help you a little with shot control, but i'm curious if a timer would be able to pickup the sound of a gas gun

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    It should help you a little with shot control, but i'm curious if a timer would be able to pickup the sound of a gas gun

hehe get one with a picatinny mount and put it under the muzzle. that should work.

yeah this does look like fun though.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Believe it or not, someone actually does make airsoft shot timers. Can't remember where I've seen them, but they have them. IPCS and IDPA style air soft is very popular in Japan because of their gun laws. Heck there was even a guy from there who did nothing but train with an airsoft open gun, never shot a real one or atleast very little time on one. Came to the US for something like the Bianchi Cup or Last Chance or Steel Challenge final. Had someone here build him the exact same gun for real, then competed and won. Can't remember all the details, but I remember he had a real weird shooting style because of the lack of recoil in airsoft he wouldn't fully exptend his arms and had them sort of pulled in when he shot.

malladus

Top Bottom