• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Any suggestions on beginner IDPA type shooting classes around San Antonio? Also, What are some decent pistols for these events...or just starting this type of training. The 2 .45's I own, I don't believe would be good for this. 1 is a S&W 457 and the other .45 is a PT1911 with Crimson Trace Laser grips (my nighttime buddy). Thanks
    Gun Zone Deals

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I always suggest running your carry gun & gear. It's a great chance to train & see how well your carry gear & you work under a little pressure.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    The PT1911 would work in the CDP division. In that division you would only be shooting against other .45's with a capacity of 8+1 or less. I believe the laser sight would need to be turned off to compete. As for a class I suggest just going to a match. Get there a little early and let the people running it know you are a new shooter. They should go over the safety rules and let you know the basics of how the match is run. While you are shooting most competitors will give new shooters plenty of free advice. You will learn a lot just from shooting the matches. As long as you follow the safety rules you'll be welcomed.
    Here's one IDPA club I know of in SA.
    http://www.rivercityshooters.com/index_files/Page288.htm

Top Bottom