• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If prosecution of EVERY "felon in possession" case, as under Trump, were continued, much of these laws & regulations would be unnecessary.

I heard from a good source that in 8 years of Obama-Biden, only 7 cases faced Federal prosecution nationwide. (States did prosecute a bunch, but the sentences were less severe & very variable.)

leVieux

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    While I understand an argument can be made that the "right to carry" is a directive straight from the Bill of Rights as opposed to a license to drive an automobile being a "privilege" that can be granted by an authority. However, I still believe that the CCL process creates a much safer environment if people who decide to carry a firearm in public have been vetted to some degree for their mental and criminal status and have been trained on the laws and at least rudimentary instructions on how to use their gun. My CCL class was anything but a useless exercise. I had been shooting all my life so the "how to aspect" wasn't needed, but I walked away knowing much more about the laws and knowing that if I ever, God forbid, had to shoot someone to protect life or wellbeing, my life would change forever. I've also seen enough insanely stupid acts by uneducated, inexperienced gun owners to know that these people walking around with a gun in public are almost as dangerous as a criminal in the act of using a firearm!

We'll see how it all pans out, but this new rule in Texas is certainly a huge risk and we better realize that it is entirely possible that it could backfire and set gun rights back 25 years!
    As others will point out I am sure, we already have motorist protection act without bloodbaths in the street. We also have the experience of 20 (?) other states. The facts of possible dire consequences are just not supported by the evidence.

Asymmetrical

The harmony of the Pen and the Sword
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    While I understand an argument can be made that the "right to carry" is a directive straight from the Bill of Rights as opposed to a license to drive an automobile being a "privilege" that can be granted by an authority. However, I still believe that the CCL process creates a much safer environment if people who decide to carry a firearm in public have been vetted to some degree for their mental and criminal status and have been trained on the laws and at least rudimentary instructions on how to use their gun. My CCL class was anything but a useless exercise. I had been shooting all my life so the "how to aspect" wasn't needed, but I walked away knowing much more about the laws and knowing that if I ever, God forbid, had to shoot someone to protect life or wellbeing, my life would change forever. I've also seen enough insanely stupid acts by uneducated, inexperienced gun owners to know that these people walking around with a gun in public are almost as dangerous as a criminal in the act of using a firearm!

We'll see how it all pans out, but this new rule in Texas is certainly a huge risk and we better realize that it is entirely possible that it could backfire and set gun rights back 25 years!

I'd like to know how previous generations of Americans survived their own "incompetence" prior to the advent of permits and other legal impediments to the free exercise of our rights.

If everyone who carried a pistol without a permit was as "incompetent" as you evidently assume, there really would be "blood in the streets" enough to suit the leftists and make an effective case for their agenda without the need for all the lies, spurious statistics and other garbage they use to sway the weak and ignorant. As it stands, I see no great swaths of bloody confrontations, horrible mishaps or industrial scale massacres by regular people who happen to be carrying pistols on their persons.

I'd been carrying quite handily and responsibly for more than 15 years before the wise and benevolent gub'mint told me that I needed a permit in order to save me from myself.

I challenge anyone who presumes to tell me how, where and what I may carry to come to the range with me and demonstrate greater knowledge, skill and experience with any firearm they choose. If they can outshoot me, tell me something didn't know and otherwise demonstrate greater proficiency than I can, then I might be willing to listen to what they have to say, even if I disagree with it in principle.

The very idea that we should all cave to the whims of rank amateurs disguised as government officials, and take their opinions and lurid firearm mythology as fact is simply absurd.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    nobody.jpg

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    While I understand an argument can be made that the "right to carry" is a directive straight from the Bill of Rights
    [/QUOTE}

Not a source for argument that cab be made. IT IS EXACTLY WHAT the BILL of RIGHTS STATES in pretty words. If you have trouble with simple English that is not our problem.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom