• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tracer_Bullet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    H-Town
    I'm just curious. With our new President Elect's position on gun control, I need to ask this.

Will the secret service agents assigned to protect him and his family be armed? If they are to follow him around everywhere and protect his life, will they be able to defend him and themselves with a firearm?

If so, what amendment of the constitution will they use to lawfully provide this protection? Will my family and I be assigned secret service agents to protect us as well?

In short, why is his life and family any more important to be protected than mine?

I'm just curious. Can anyone shed any light on this? Maybe you know something I don't.

TB
    Lynx Defense

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I shall answer these just in case ;)

Will the secret service agents assigned to protect him and his family be armed? If they are to follow him around everywhere and protect his life, will they be able to defend him and themselves with a firearm?

Yes, the secret service guarding him and his family will be armed. BO spouted this at one such rally. Of course he would say "he was making a joke". But that's the irony we all see.

If so, what amendment of the constitution will they use to lawfully provide this protection? Will my family and I be assigned secret service agents to protect us as well?

Good question. But politicians are exempt from rules, even if they are in the Constitution. I don't think your family will be assigned agents. We have not received any notification that an agent is in route to be ours. I believe we, instead, are suppose to call 911 and wait for cops to arrive.

In short, why is his life and family any more important to be protected than mine?

Just, because. So don't question any further. :p

Tracer_Bullet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    H-Town
    That's a rhetorical question right?

Yes and No. I can't understand how law makers can pick and choose which laws applies to themselves while vehemently enforcing those same laws on their constituents.

I realize I won't be assigned agents to protect me but as Shorts puts it, Maybe "Politicians are exempt from rules..." (Even if they are the ones making them.) :banghead:

Whether you are pro or anti gun, how can you argue with the logic? (...government by the people and for the people.)

Sorry Shorts...It's in my nature to question. It's got me in trouble a few times, but it's also lead to some amazing discoveries.

TB

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    lol Yeah, that was a sarcastic "just because.."

I think politicians are far enough removed from "average" society that they don't have the same concerns as the average citizen has in their life (folks like you and me). This example is very clearly illustrated to me and my husband and all the service members stationed outside the US. We are very removed from the US MSM, commercials, society as a whole and immersed in a very different culture (Japan). With us being removed from the US, we lose track of the concerns and every day way of life because our perspective is Japan. Another example we have here in the military - health care. Service members & dependents, we have automatic health coverage. There are certain programs to choose from (ranging from no charge to co pay), but at the very foundation is automatic health care on base at the hospital - free. Dental - free (for those Oconus, co-pay oddbase)). Being a military family, healthcare isn't really much of a concern because we have it, period. But, before I was married, growing, going to school, we were on Dads plan at work. But then we got old enough and were outside eligibility to stay on Dad's insurance. Well, at that time, health care/coverage was a huge concern. Being right in the trabsition area of student-employee of co with benefits. That transition is a big gap and I think many folks are in this area. I know I was, I remember having a few bugs that I needed to get addressed by a Doc so, out of pocket I had to pay.

The point is, when I was in the position, I had to be concerned and I was always aware of the struggle. Now that that concern is gone I don't give it a second thought.

I think politicians are exactly the same way.

Looking back on the campaign season, "Average Joe" was made fun of so much that the idea was crushed of any credibility or meaning. And the very people who sought to discredit "average" are the same ones that need the help by politicians who NEED to understand the struggle.

Likewise with self defense and taking care of family, politicians, especially now the President, don't have to struggle alone in protecting his family. The rest of us, we do.

Top Bottom