• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I usually use plugs and muffs when I shoot my AR. Yesterday a match I forgot to put muffs on and a the plug seal broke while shoot a stage. I couldn't hear shit out my right ear for a good while
    Target Sports

ad5md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Rolling Thunder by Benny Hill. Works as it should right out and can be fine tuned if you want. Muzzle rise is almost non-existent of my 16" barrel M4. Just had to drill a little hole 90 deg to the right and bingo! Scope reticle stays almost flat

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Or just buy an F2...no need to drill ;)

I've been giving Benny a hard time about that for years :D

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Flash can also blind the shooter in low light situations. It's not necessarily about being seen, but being able to see after the shot.

Brakes are not needed on a 223 as with good technique the recoil is quite manageable. They do offer and advantage and little to no hindrance. It's nice to have the muzzle pretty much stay on target and all you're worried about is trigger reset when shooting fast.

This reminds me of a thread I thought was interesting. It gets into the weeds of the into interaction of grip technique and muzzle device. Found HERE

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    If you don't mind spending a little more on a mean looking brake, here's a cool one:

JTACTICAL - JuggerBrake (MSRP $145)

1.jpg

6.JPG

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You NEED a brake on a 5.56?

Depends how you're using it. I can state for a fact that I can recover and make another hit considerably faster with a good brake on my AR than without. Do some more tuning - gas system, buffer spring and buffer weight - and the effect can be pretty dramatic. I notice it most shooting arrays of steel at around 100 yards. I'm usually swinging over to the next target about the time my shot hits. Just got to be comfortable calling your hits...

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Well after today I'm pretty sold on the Miculek brake. And luckily the OP of this thread got to experience it personally and got to see the difference between the A2 birdcage and the M brake. This was the first brake I've ever fired and OMG it greatly exceeded my expectations, you just don't udnerstand how much recoil an AR really has until you eliminate it almost entirely. Ya the concussion was definitely noticeably worse but wow NO muzzle flip and a ridiculously tiny change in POI (no more than I wander around anyway when shooting offhand). To top that off I felt basically nothing on my shoulder, certainly no more than my 10/22 shoves into me. Probably going to take off my monopod buttstock now that the cushioning is not needed in the least bit, will also throw the balance of the rifle closer to the front of the receiver which is a good thing. Pretty hard to beat for the 50 bucks I paid at Guns+ up in Georgetown (talked them down from the 59.99 sticker price when I showed them Midway's $37 price tag).

Last edited:

ZINCOGNITO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    AUSTIN
    Depends how you're using it. I can state for a fact that I can recover and make another hit considerably faster with a good brake on my AR than without. Do some more tuning - gas system, buffer spring and buffer weight - and the effect can be pretty dramatic. I notice it most shooting arrays of steel at around 100 yards. I'm usually swinging over to the next target about the time my shot hits. Just got to be comfortable calling your hits...
    THIS!

I'm running the VLTOR A5 buffer system with a A5H3 buffer and BattleComp 1.5. Let's just say I had to verify I fired a round after my first pull.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Thats how i felt the first time i fired with a brake on my ar15. The sound registered as a round going out but the lack of any movement was a wtf moment. I literally had to verify it even hit the target and didnt have a malfunction.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom