• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    On the cheap I use an ARmalite brake that I bought for $15.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I bought the miculek brake. Dont recall the price but it was under $50 just like my ross schuler thats custom turned for my 308. It does not have the top ports though which i believe makes it sound a lot louder unfortunately but it works just as good as my ross schuler.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    havn't tried wakal's break but I run Benny Hill's Rolling Thunder on a couple of mine. But you can't beat the price on the micklek brake

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    If you care about putting on a can later in life then either Surefire, AAC or even Ops-Inc. I have an Ops-Inc jobber on my SPR clone and it works very well. I don't notice the noise without a can, but people in lanes next to me sure as shit do.

If you don't care about a can then PWS has a solid reputation as do BattleComp, Bravo Company

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I've never had a brake on my Colt 6731. What does a break do for you on a low recoil .223? I never worried about muzzle flash 'cause I don't shoot at people and therefore don't care if it's seen. I'm probably gonna' get flamed but it's a semi-serious question.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    A lot surprisingly and brakes and comps arent for flash, Flash hiders are. There are some comps and brakes that try to tame flash but arent very good at it. As is most things that try to do several things at once its not going to be very good at all of them.

My carbine gas system which many these days call overgassed since it is not a midlength shoots like a 22lr now and has no hop rear or forward of its balance point. Its so soft shooting i could shoot it with just the tip of my finger touching the trigger with multiple rounds and it will just sit there.

You literally only know its shooting from the louder noise the brake gives off compared to the normal flash hider or a crowned barrel.

Top Bottom