• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Biased? Wow! How could anyone watch this and not think so. I'm wondering how many students would be carrying under a sweatshirt in a retention holster and wearing gloves.

The outcome of a drill or a scenario has everything to do with how the participants are briefed. If they're given misleading information, then they hesitate when the time comes, wondering what the instructors expect them to do at this point. Is this equivilent to the hesitation one might present in an actual shooting? It's impossible to know.

Did anyone catch this?

Quoted from ABCNEWS "Also, they said, the vigilante is responsible for whatever his or her bullets hit."

These libs really do want you to roll over an play dead. Simply defending oneself is considered vigilanteism.
    By the way, ABCNews is killing comments. They've got a long way to go. The negatives are outpacing the positives about 100:1.

Read Dr. John R. Lott, Jr.'s assessment of the 20/20 rigged scenario at his blog on Foxnews.com:
    http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/04/15/lott__gun_control_experiment_rigged/

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I can see the gloves because they're a safety issue, and to be honest those gloves were Mechanix gloves that aren't going to hurt a shooter very much as far as being able to manipulate things. I buy those gloves for work because they'll keep my skin on me, but I can pick washers up off a concrete floor without taking them off.

One thing that shows that they rigged this is that the shooter was specifically hunting the armed student. In the first-person view of the one where the girl got a shot off at him, you see his sight picture go around another student who runs across his field of fire to focus on her. They all sat in the same exact spot, and he knew there was an armed student, who that student was and where they were sitting.

Gee, a novice shooter against a well-trained LEO who knew exactly where the armed student was in the classroom? You think that he might "win" every single time!?

Now if this had been a true experiment, they would have done it double-blind. They'd have gathered two groups of students and given them the same basic training. One group would have become active shooters, but not been told that the classroom would contain a concealed-carry student. In fact, to make it actually scientific, there should have been classrooms without armed students in them, and armed students should have had to sit through lectures without being attacked. But IMO that level isn't needed (though it would have been good to show what a 100% unarmed classroom would have looked like).

They also needed to give the armed students holsters representative of what people actually carry in. Who the hell carries in a triple-retention holster?! Those belong on a cop's hip, not under your shirt. A thumb-break maybe, but I for one can't stand even those. Give me something open-top or a SERPA holster. They're not going to have to grapple with people and retain their weapon, they're not cops.

Top Bottom