Lynx Defense

If Open Carry ever comes to Texas, I hope everyone has.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    If Open Carry ever comes to Texas, I hope everyone has the presence of mind to handle LEO encounters as well as this guy. Don't know if all our laws are like they are in Maine, but it pays to know your rights.

I think this guy did a great job expressing his knowledge of the law, and keeping a calm demeanor, being respectful, but standing up for his rights.

Venture Surplus ad

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I hate these stupid things. I know he is exorcizing his rights, but there is a certain a-hole or at least young punk factor. I know he thinks he is making a difference, but I think things like this do more harm than good.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I hate these stupid things. I know he is exorcizing his rights, but there is a certain a-hole or at least young punk factor. I know he thinks he is making a difference, but I think things like this do more harm than good.

I think it depends. If he followed up with appropriate action (against the Officer and agency for violating his rights) then he may prevent others from being harassed in the future, in his state.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I think it depends. If he followed up with appropriate action (against the Officer and agency for violating his rights) then he may prevent others from being harassed in the future, in his state.

what rights did they violate? they asked for id.... (a drivers license issued by that state)...i dont know those particular states' laws and i dont know why he was pulled over, but whats the difference if you have a chl and are required by law to present id when asked by an officer.....
    im not completly sold on the idea of open carry.....

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    I have to agree with Rum Runner, its six in one, half-dozen in the other. Obviously the kid was legally right, but theres a fine line between police harassment and public interests.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    what rights did they violate? they asked for id.... (a drivers license issued by that state)...i dont know those particular states' laws and i dont know why he was pulled over, but whats the difference if you have a chl and are required by law to present id when asked by an officer.....
    im not completly sold on the idea of open carry.....

He was detained.

I don't think he was driving at the time.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    He was detained.

I don't think he was driving at the time.

i dont know either if he was driving at the time.... but.... asking for id is not detaining.... and i dont think it was harrassment by asking for some form of id..... but he decided to prove his point and it just prolonged the situation. if he would of co-operated he would have been on his way probably in no time... the officers were responding to some citizens' complaints. this is where conceal carry in my opinion is better that open carry...

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    i dont know either if he was driving at the time.... but.... asking for id is not detaining.... and i dont think it was harrassment by asking for some form of id..... but he decided to prove his point and it just prolonged the situation. if he would of co-operated he would have been on his way probably in no time... the officers were responding to some citizens' complaints. this is where conceal carry in my opinion is better that open carry...

He was clearly detained. He asked if he was free to go and the Officer said "no".

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    if the cops would have hauled him away to the city police department for further questioning, then I would agreee he was being detained....but they did not... they mearly asked for id.....

This is not correct. As I said above, the Officer informed the man that he was not free to leave. This is not merely asking for id.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub

+1 - totally agree

- grow the hell up and show your ID and be on your way

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    just my opinion but this world needs a whole lot less amateur lawyers and cops.....if you are struggling to find some source of power and control in your life, there are other ways to go about it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom