• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    I'll second (or 95th) the 1911 as the standard duty pistol for Texas' army.
    Standard Carry Rifle: An AR platform, but I'm going to vote for either the AR-10 for the 7.62mm power or the 6.8 variant for a liitle something over the 5.56mm.
    As for Working At a Distance: I'm going to through in the Barrett M-82A1 - you can't beat a good .50 BMG.

But lets be honest, we're from Texas where we eat constontina wire and piss napalm...all we need to do is look mean.

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    ar-15 in .50 beowulf, 1911's and chey tac .408's .....

M200.jpg

yup that'll do.

Yummy! Cheytac M-200 Intervention.
    ReallyWantCoon.jpg

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Still no internet since Ike but this is important

Texas really only needs one Ranger to defend our borders and I am sure he would carry an STI Ranger II made by our best buddies in Georgetown.

Now on the slim chance our Ranger is called away for a wedding or rescuing some damsel in distress in the Southern Hemisphere I suspect all citizens should be issue an STI of their choice and an M1A.

We will be just fine as a state if we go it alone

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    lol at all you big boy calibers. i'll stick to my glock 19 and give me a tromix saiga 12. i'll leave the high powered rifles to the boys hillside. i'll be on the front line spraying buckshot

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Newb here,

I will chime in with a 9mm and an AR-10. Don't get me wrong, I like the 1911, I just feel its only limiting factor is capacity. With a big group of badguys, eight rounds will go real fast.

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    I say a FNH SCAR for battle rifle and HK45's for sidearm. Knife will be Spyderco, IMO. I'd also choose Barrett for Loooooooooong range precision rifle. Has anyone seen their new "98 Bravo"? It looks pretty sweet!!!!!

Moezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2008
    Allen
    It would depend a whole lot on who were were fighting. If we were up against non-Texans, I'd say lay down our arms and introduce them to Texas BBQ. Give them some half rotten brisket and when they go running off to the bowl, we take up whatever it was they were carrying. :)

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    AMT Hardballer 7" Longslide for the sidearm, Spas12, AR18, and uzi for the primaries, and a plasma rifle in the 40 watt range for the anti aircraft work. lol Oh almost forgot, anyone that's ripped gets issued a M134 Vulcan with a 2000rd backpack to lug around like Arnold. No one would stand a chance against Texas.

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    No one would stand a chance against Texas.

I really believe that's right. Its hard to imagine a state with a higher guns/person ratio than what we have in our great state. And I believe that a fair number of us Texans are fairly proficient with the guns that we do have as well. I know that all in my family know how to shoot well enough to discourage ill treatment from anyone that may intend such.

God Bless Texas. Yehaw!

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I have a "Colt Walker" that I have always enjoyed shooting. It has been historically known for "reaching out and touching someone". Not too good for a fast speed reload though.:rolleyes: It was built for a Texan and is historically a Texas gun. Not very comfortable to carry on your hip though, kinda big!:p
    Bowie knife sounds good. Now for a long gun? The only thing that comes to mind is a BAR. Not historically significant to Texas, but I have always wanted to shoot one!
    I know this isn't a serious "what if" suggestion, but I bet I could do some damage with my weapons of choice!

Rigby Reardon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Krugerville, Texas
    Arming the Texas State Guard

Never said that they were, just that the Texas State Guard is not a combat force, in other words they have no weapons.....

Hello. Long time lurker who decided to register today.

I'm glad I ran across this subject as I have always wondered: Does the governor of Texas have the authority to arm the Texas State Guard? Obviously state governors can arm their State Police forces with high-powered weapons, so can they do so with so-called non-combat forces?

Top Bottom