• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Since we need only defend the borders, the weapons could be heavier, e.g., M14's, government models, Barret .50's. Fun to speculate.

Bansheeman6100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    South Austin
    so, heres a question ive been wondering. now, in theory, if Texas did secede, i know the TSG is controlled by the governor, but is the Texas ARMY national guard part of the U.S. Army, or would we keep them too? i know, weird question. ive been wanting to join the Marines as long as i can remember, but if we secede....

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    so, heres a question ive been wondering. now, in theory, if Texas did secede, i know the TSG is controlled by the governor, but is the Texas ARMY national guard part of the U.S. Army, or would we keep them too? i know, weird question. ive been wanting to join the Marines as long as i can remember, but if we secede....
    Until activated under Federal (Presidential) Order, the Army National Guard belongs to the State. Upon Declaration of Federal Emergency, or Mobilization the particular unit being mobilized falls under the Army...

Bansheeman6100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    South Austin
    Until activated under Federal (Presidential) Order, the Army National Guard belongs to the State. Upon Declaration of Federal Emergency, or Mobilization the particular unit being mobilized falls under the Army...
    so, what would really happen if we did secede? and what about branches like the Marines? like if a friend here in Texas is in the Marines, and we Succeeded?

Bansheeman6100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    South Austin
    If we seceede, I think all bets are off. Sons of Texas come home and serve your new country. If the US wanted to extradite, let them try.
    thats kinda what i was thinking. i was just thinking, but ive been wanting to join the Marine reserves forever, but have been considering the Texas Army National Guard recently. having a hard time choosing. but it will probably be Marines

chris_arnet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I would vote AR-15 in 6.8mm, and either a 1911 (hard to argue with), or HK USP Tactical .45s

I think we would definantly have to make the .45 our official handgun round, no matter what specific sidearm was carried. And all AR's should be chambered in 5.56 for cheap, universal ammo, or 6.8mm.

And maybe we can persuade Larue Tactical to give all soldiers a 90% discount!!!!!!!

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Texas really only needs one Ranger to defend our borders and I am sure he would carry an STI Ranger II made by our best buddies in Georgetown.

Now on the slim chance our Ranger is called away for a wedding or rescuing some damsel in distress in the Southern Hemisphere I suspect all citizens should be issue an STI of their choice and an M1A.

We will be just fine as a state if we go it alone

Now that is a damn fine pistol!!!!

I would go with the AR in 5.56 due to how much ammo you can carry on you. I know lugging around 240 rounds of 5.56 is enough weight for me after adding all the other stuff to it. Having a weapons squad with a 240 or 60 pumping 7.62 down range works good. As for the side arm i really would not have a preference. I would like to see a larger round than 9mm though. For Infantry guys I say the more simple the better. it is not a good idea having a weapon with a ton of little parts when it comes time for weapons maint. in the feild.

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    45 LC Winchester Lever Actions and 1911s.

Malladus
    I think with the .45 Colt Winchesters you'd want SA .45 Colt (caliber) revolvers. The best buy on those is made by Ruger, I think (value vs. cost), but I'd prefer the "Old Model" version (4 click).

Of course, L.A.R. did make a .44 Mag version of their Grizzly pistol--an enlarged 1911--and I don't think it would take much modification for it to handle .45 Colt ammo....

flashguy

Top Bottom