• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    If Texas had its own military, what rifle and sidearm should we adopt?

Should it be the AR type, M14, FAL, AK or any other?

How about the pistol? Beretta M9, 1911, Colt .45 revolver?

My picks are the M14 and the 1911. Both are man (grunt) calibers that seem to fit the Texas personality pretty well. Everybody has their own opinions, so lets hear yours.

What do yall say?
    Target Sports

oldcop041

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2008
    DFW AREA
    It would be hard to argue with your selections. I might change the long gun to an AR10, because it is lighter and I am old.:(

Since I was the first to respond to your thread - can I be a General in this army?

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    45 LC Winchester Lever Actions and 1911s.

Of course all soldiers would also be equipped with a Kevlar 10 gall on hat, leather concho belt, and a Level III ballistic plate rated beltbucket.

Officers would be entitled to chromed 1911's with custom carved grips.

Malladus

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Texas does have its own military... Actually it has two... The Texas Army National Guard, and the Texas Guard.. I can go into history differences etc if any one is interested...

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I'd have to 2nd the 1911, and the AR platform. Since there are eleventybillion variations of it, it covers all roles needed.

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    ar-15 in .50 beowulf, 1911's and chey tac .408's .....

M200.jpg

yup that'll do.

what in tarnation is that thing

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    It would be hard to argue with your selections. I might change the long gun to an AR10, because it is lighter and I am old.:(

Since I was the first to respond to your thread - can I be a General in this army?

Well, first to respond ought to be worth something. Colonel at least, maybe 1 star General then we go from there.

ambidextrous1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The AR 15 is on its way to becoming the 'great American rifle'. It's a good choice for our army, and available in a variety of configurations, allowing for individual preference. All variations must be chambered for 5.56mm ammo.

Each squad needs a 'designated rifleman', for long shots/sniping; I'd vote for the M14/M1A there.

You can't do much better than the 1911 for a pistol, and there's enough variety in them to satisfy most anyone. Let's be sure they're all .45 ACP.

We'll need a knife for 'up close' work; Ka-Bar?

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    As I psted earlier, the Texas Army/Air National Guard and the Texas State Guard are both Texas Military Forces. However, before talking too much about the Stae Guard, I would caution you to do a little research. As admirable as their intentions are, I would hesitate to rely on them for much, the Texas Army National Guard is a different story. The State Guard exists as a "go to" when TSHF, in other words ALL National Guard troops are deployed or engaged in military operations and a disaster strikes... The State Guard does not attend a formal Basic Training or firearms qualification, nor to my knowledge do they maintain weapons other than personally owned... Great organization and I frequently refer those that are not qualified for military service to them, but....

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Never said that they were, just that the Texas State Guard is not a combat force, in other words they have no weapons.....

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    I was just trying to play, "what if" and not get in to legalities of the State Guard or any other such thing. If Texas had its own completely independent military, what would we arm it with.

In addition to the 1911 and the M14 I mentioned earlier, I think the Bowie knife would be an excellent addition to our armament. I'm sort of a Texas History fan, so the Bowie knife fits right in with Texas. Also, I've been carrying a "Bowie" style hunting knife since I was 16.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom