• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I like a safety on only one side of a 1911. (left side as I'm right handed). I do like an "extended" safety. If, in my opinion, people have an issue with the safety, it's their issue, not the gun's issue. My advice is to fix it by getting a holster that works for them and learn how to use the safety and holster and re-holster the weapon. Practice, damn it.
    Venture Surplus ad

GUNNER51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2017
    TOMBALL
    Dear sirs and madams,

I have been carrying a 1911 cocked and locked for over five decades. It has not failed me once and I do not have any desire to change. At my age we do not like change! John Moses Browning designed this weapon to be carried with the hammer back and safety engaged. Would you pull a push mower?

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Dear sirs and madams,

I have been carrying a 1911 cocked and locked for over five decades. It has not failed me once and I do not have any desire to change. At my age we do not like change! John Moses Browning designed this weapon to be carried with the hammer back and safety engaged. Would you pull a push mower?

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51
    Well I have a 3.5 hp with a hitch welded to the front of the deck for mowing lanes and trails at the deer lease. I guess you could say I pull a push mower regularly!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shoot....what a ride!"

GUNNER51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2017
    TOMBALL
    Well I have a 3.5 hp with a hitch welded to the front of the deck for mowing lanes and trails at the deer lease. I guess you could say I pull a push mower regularly!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shoot....what a ride!"
    Fishingsetx,

Haha! That is redneck ingenuity right there sir! And please take that as a compliment from a fellow redneck!

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Fishingsetx,

Haha! That is redneck ingenuity right there sir! And please take that as a compliment from a fellow redneck!

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51
    d591ada8dc6c2df100ca1c186dfc31ec.jpg

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If I was as short as you I would pull it with a 4-wheeler too.

Bring one of those boats to Stillhouse lake and we can go fishn. They are catching 16 inch whites right now.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    If I was as short as you I would pull it with a 4-wheeler too.

Bring one of those boats to Stillhouse lake and we can go fishn. They are catching 16 inch whites right now.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic
    Lol, I didn't even notice him in the pic (from 3 years ago). It would be cheaper to rent a boat than drag one from North of Beaumont to stillhouse!

Top Bottom