• ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    How am I acting like the fight is over?

Youre saying there is no chance of getting an actually good candidate for president in on the republican ticket while the mainstream GOP would-be nominees are self-destructing. Crispy Crème is dead in the water with his antics, Jeb Bush has no chance with his family's heritage so who else is there with enough broad appeal? Bobby Jendal is about the only other semi known republican that might have a chance besides Rand. Rand is well known, well liked and energizes a whole different sect of the voting base that the old crusty neocon republicans have no stake in. Whether the GOP establishment likes it or not theyre F'd and have no choice but to lose the election or find someone that appeases the changing voter base. They know that, they don't like it, but theyre going to have to deal with it.

So don't act like its a hopeless cause to get a decent candidate we want. I actually agree with most of what you said except the third party stuff. We've already got a third party emerging in the republican party. The leno interview with Boehner is proof positive of this. His comment specifically about the government shutdown where he talks about how he cant be a leader when the people he is leading are going another direction. I truly believe if we keep the heat up on the GOP establishment for the next year they wont be able to viably field a candidate from the GOP good ole boy club and will have to select someone like Rand.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Youre saying there is no chance of getting an actually good candidate for president in on the republican ticket while the mainstream GOP would-be nominees are self-destructing. Crispy Crème is dead in the water with his antics, Jeb Bush has no chance with his family's heritage so who else is there with enough broad appeal? Bobby Jendal is about the only other semi known republican that might have a chance besides Rand. Rand is well known, well liked and energizes a whole different sect of the voting base that the old crusty neocon republicans have no stake in. Whether the GOP establishment likes it or not theyre F'd and have no choice but to lose the election or find someone that appeases the changing voter base. They know that, they don't like it, but theyre going to have to deal with it.

So don't act like its a hopeless cause to get a decent candidate we want. I actually agree with most of what you said except the third party stuff. We've already got a third party emerging in the republican party. The leno interview with Boehner is proof positive of this. His comment specifically about the government shutdown where he talks about how he cant be a leader when the people he is leading are going another direction. I truly believe if we keep the heat up on the GOP establishment for the next year they wont be able to viably field a candidate from the GOP good ole boy club and will have to select someone like Rand.

The third part emerging within the Republican Party is pretty much the path I see. But I think it will cause more division inside the party, not so much with voters who are are sick of the good old boys.

I think we are pretty much on the same page, maybe just expressing it differently.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    At this point I believe we will find out if the republican establishment are interested in winning or are truly content with the status quo atmosphere they have created in Washington. If they don't choose Rand it will be apparent to me that it truly is a one party system in Washington and then I believe many who are conservative democrats and the tea party type republicans will split. Maybe not into a third party but cause even more trouble in the ranks. The 2014 elections will tell us a lot about what is truly going on. If people are truly fed up then you will see a lot of dems lose their seats and possibly(hopefully) a few RINOs as well.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    What Rand Paul represents | Rare

Maybe yall should quit acting like the fight is over before it has begun. The election is over two years away for christ sake. For some reason no matter what I do my phone always pastes anything in my post at the top.

no, there is an election this year.

the nation will bitch and complain about how bad congress is, yet vote almost all of them back in perpetuating the circus that is capital hill.

its a foregone conclusion.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    At this point I believe we will find out if the republican establishment are interested in winning or are truly content with the status quo atmosphere they have created in Washington. If they don't choose Rand it will be apparent to me that it truly is a one party system in Washington and then I believe many who are conservative democrats and the tea party type republicans will split. Maybe not into a third party but cause even more trouble in the ranks. The 2014 elections will tell us a lot about what is truly going on. If people are truly fed up then you will see a lot of dems lose their seats and possibly(hopefully) a few RINOs as well.

no, there is an election this year.

the nation will bitch and complain about how bad congress is, yet vote almost all of them back in perpetuating the circus that is capital hill.

its a foregone conclusion.
    See my last post. We will know a lot more about the state of our nation after November.

Top Bottom