• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If the Government showed up at your door and demanded your guns or threatened jail

• I would give them up peacefully

Votes: 1 1.9%
    • I would slam the dorr in their face

Votes: 24 45.3%
    • I would call my Lawyer

Votes: 10 18.9%
    • I would go out in a blaze of glory..

Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    slam the door, give fair warning, if they tried to force their way in start sending rounds through the door and head for my armory and start calling my father inlaw/lawyer after securing the Mrs. and the dogs of course.

but honestly what are the odds of a mass government gun grab in texas. it would be worse than wwII, korea, and vietnam all rolled into one, there would be bullets flying all over the place.
    DK Firearms

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    You guys realize that if it ever comes to this, it's not going to be something you'll be able to fight your way out of, right?

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that. If they come, someone is getting disarmed ... dead or alive

Best bet is to hope you get a heads up and can act before being confronted.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I want everyone to notice that the only open and admitted LEO response was scorn for the OP. Not a bash, just an observation.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Guys, I was feeling like the world had gone to heck and no one had the guts to stand up for anything any more. Then I read this thread. Gentlemen, if I had a hat on, I'd take it off to you! You guys restore my faith in Guts and in not taking any cra_ off of anyone.

All my life I have felt that it is better to die on my feet than live on my knees.

It's late and I'm going to hit the rack with a smile on my face. Nope.....I'm not alone any more.

Flash

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    We owe it to ourselves, as a civilized society, to use all peaceful means available to us to insure such things never happen. That is the beauty of this country, as it was setup by those unbelievable individuals just a couple hundred years ago. There are a great deal of ignorant, fearful, lazy individuals in our particular group of firearms owners in this country. Considering there are some ~80+ MILLION of us according to most estimates, if we could all get off our collective asses and be singular in purpose, not a goddamn thing on this planet could stop us and we would never even come close to needing violence as a solution. All of us are lazy at some time or another. I've been guilty of it, no excuses. Some gun owners want to sit around and whine about it, wait until it's too late, and then go out in a blaze of glory which is totally unnecessary. Maybe it is a product of the Hollywood generation, wanting a cinematic blaze of glory ending to everything, I don't know. ;)

In the event we've exhausted all means yet such unconstitutional actions are exercised against us, I would like to remind everyone of a US Navy motto, "Non Sibi Sed Patriae!" (Not for self, but country). Think about that for a long time. There are plenty of people that marched in the face of insurmountable odds during the revolutionary war and died inevitable deaths, yet it still resulted in our freedom. That's the last resort. Lets make sure it doesn't come to that.

All that aside, lets stop making up excuses. We have a large amount of tools available to us to stop all this anti-2nd amendment nonsense. Voting, protests, rallies, spreading factual data to the masses, etc. I'll tell you this much, I am sick and tired of my own failures, my own excuses I've come up with about missing some pro 2A causes like protests and letter campaigns. We've all had them before, anything from being too early in the morning to attend and you're tired, to it being too far away for you to make it, etc etc. Lets stop making excuses, because we have no choice and failure is not an option.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Lets stop making excuses, because we have no choice and failure is not an option.

And remember, their mission is slow, but sure. It's drip drip drip. If they are attacking part of the shooting world you do not engage in, it's only a matter of time til they get to your shooting interest.

For example, I have no interest in black guns. But now I realize, that is just one of the windows they are trying to enter through. They have to be stopped on each and every front.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    And remember, their mission is slow, but sure. It's drip drip drip. If they are attacking part of the shooting world you do not engage in, it's only a matter of time til they get to your shooting interest.

For example, I have no interest in black guns. But now I realize, that is just one of the windows they are trying to enter through. They have to be stopped on each and every front.

You're absolutely right. Drip drip drip... They must be stopped.

The thing is, I'm not sure if we can stop them before we go home to Heaven but together we must oppose this evil until we can't anymore.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Sig_Fiendyou said a mouth full of truth and yes we are all guilty.Yes the anti's just keep chipping away and yes we must find that one voice and take the time and effort. Freedom is not free, it must be earned!One thing about a poll like this is we get to vent - IMO.That can be the realese needed to keep the lid on the kettle when the waters starting to boil.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Two things:

One is that we didn't get to this point overnight, even though I know a lot of people who've been frustrated by the fact that we can't get out of it overnight. It took the other side a lot of work and time to steal as much of our right as they have, and it'll take at least as much work and time to undo the damage they've done.

The other is that "shooting world" and "interest" make this sound like it's a hobby being attacked. It isn't - it's a right and we all need to remember that. Complacence got us here by allowing the antis works to move forward with little or no resistance (and even with help in some cases). We have to remember that. I'm not trying to put you down, D, I just wanted to point that out.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    The other is that "shooting world" and "interest" make this sound like it's a hobby being attacked. It isn't - it's a right and we all need to remember that. Complacence got us here by allowing the antis works to move forward with little or no resistance (and even with help in some cases). We have to remember that. I'm not trying to put you down, D, I just wanted to point that out.

I wish I could find the article I read today about Obama's new internet czar that will be appointed to clean up forums, like this one, and the internet in general. I would have like to re-read it and posted it.

Anyway ... I didn't take it as a put down, more of an agreement.

Example ... I like to speak my mind, on political and social issues, on a daily basis. Government censorship would trip my trigger, no pun intended, faster than it would a person who reads about people like me. Until their interests are imposed upon, they will not see how the drip drip drip affected them or how it needed to be stopped as soon as it reared it's ugly head.

What I think happened is casual people viewed guns not so much as a right, but as a blackgun vs hunting vs target shooting vs home protection vs whatever. So when the insane attack the "highest point", black guns, the casuals and uninformed don't see it as too much to ask.

Guns for me and my family is a hobby, form of defense, but is first and foremost, viewed as a RIGHT irregardless of how we engage the right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom