• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If the Government showed up at your door and demanded your guns or threatened jail

• I would give them up peacefully

Votes: 1 1.9%
    • I would slam the dorr in their face

Votes: 24 45.3%
    • I would call my Lawyer

Votes: 10 18.9%
    • I would go out in a blaze of glory..

Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phoebe Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    Two things:

One is that we didn't get to this point overnight, even though I know a lot of people who've been frustrated by the fact that we can't get out of it overnight. It took the other side a lot of work and time to steal as much of our right as they have, and it'll take at least as much work and time to undo the damage they've done.

The other is that "shooting world" and "interest" make this sound like it's a hobby being attacked. It isn't - it's a right and we all need to remember that. Complacence got us here by allowing the antis works to move forward with little or no resistance (and even with help in some cases). We have to remember that. I'm not trying to put you down, D, I just wanted to point that out.

(This is not directed to you M Sage...I'm just tagging on to a sentence you wrote.)

Complacency and ignorance was the thief. We are not victims of "the left." Those who want to retain their Second Ammendment rights should be encouraged to stand up singularly or en masse and let their voice be heard. Respectfully, exercising that right in a "gun rights" forum doesn't count. ;) What are YOU doing to advance your cause and educate others? The people that need educating are the sheep (God love them, they just don't know better) and those who want to take away or restrict the right to keep and bear arms. If the 2nd Ammendment advocates detest the left or those trying to restrict those rights, how will they get educated? Personally, I'd rather help to educate someone than have a gun battle with them. I can't force someone to agree with me on gun issues, but I will try my hardest to convey that what I'm fighting for are my "rights." Once I try to restrict the rights of someone I don't agree with, that will be the beginning of my rights being denied. So, imho, in the end, it's not about guns, it's about fighting for our constitutional rights that are extended to everyone...everyone except for crooks.

Our flag still waves proudly...

:patriot:
    Venture Surplus ad

Two98ZJs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2009
    SW of Hou.
    The key words in the question are "showed up at your door",
    meaning you don't have any options, no lawyer, no door slamming, Govt isn't leaving w/o something in hand. Remember WACO?
    Freedom fighting is demonstrated by being skilled in deception, stay alive, plan to your advantage, and not to be reactive as per the enemy's tunes. Losing your life, rotting in a re-education camp over your iron is not productive for your Dependants and neighbors. The objective is for you and the family to live another day to fight the opposition. Yes, everyone of us 'Keep and Bear Arms' citizens have the weapon after many trained hours with it, that we would like to have in hand when called on but history will tell you, there is a very small percentage of the arms trained patriot every did fire that weapon to achieve our freedom of today.
    That said, don't be an 'Alamo' and die on site if the filter starts in your sector w/o warning. Word will spread rapidly and another part of the country will take up the necessary precautions and offensive measures. Your shooting iron is not as feared by the anti-2ndAmend people as the space between your ears. If the question had been put as 'at your door next week', that would allow you avail options.

Two98ZJs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2009
    SW of Hou.
    Fess up! who said give it up peacefully?
    I'll fess as one of them.
    If the down, armed Airmen in the North Nam war had used the same mind set as the these 46 voted, we would not have gotten anyone back. They knew being dead is not useful to anyone that depended on them, but with today's sand-box war. All bets are off, I would do everything possible to prevent capture, my last round would have my name.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The question involved having someone coming to my HOME to snatch what is mine. There are some things worth risking your life for and HOME is at the top of the list. Because something is legal, it doesn't mean that it is right. Throwing yourself on your sword is a foolish move....granted. Abuses get so far out of hand that someone must finally stand up and say "ENOUGH!" The line I drew in the sand is at the door of my home.

Maybe I'll take a tour off topic here..............
    An example of governmental abuse is the way imminent domain is being used to confiscate private property so it can be better (meaning more profitably) used by private businesses. That's legal but very wrong.

How about our savings accounts. The thieves pay us 1/2 of 1% interest on our money so they can loan it at 8-15%. We're being screwed to death.

Those things don't happen at the door of my home so other, more civilized tactics are called for.

Flash

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Okay if they show up at my house tomorrow. The reason I would fight is to send a message to the "Lazy Gun owners" to get off your ass this is real now. So Yeah I know it is a hypothetical and fake but in this scenario I wouldn't plan on making it out alive anyway. I never said I planed to live threw it just do it, that is what the "out" part of the "going out in a blaze of glory" is all about. If The gov were to be forced to rush in and kill me to get my guns, I would be front page news all across the country. The media would have a hard time trying to justify my death over a gun grab wouldn't they? I hope to God that the day never comes when I have to pick up a weapon against my government, but if they try to take my freedom I will get it back with a gun if I have to.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    And I have to agree with him on it. The premise is over the top.
    Not really over the top.

There was a lawyer in New Orleans that told the .gov disarming squad to pound sand from the third floor of his home. Told the police { and I am paraphrasing} "for all I know you are criminals who ambushed real LEOs and stole their gear, and if they tried to force their way in, it would get ugly"

They left, the lawyer stayed armed.

The premise is not "over the top" It has happened within the last 5 years.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    The problem with fighting (and I'm not saying you shouldn't) is that you'll lose. In fact, the first handful of Americans will lose (e.g. die). The media will portray these folks as nuts, and throw out terms like "Ruby Ridge" to discredit you. After a few people die fighting for their rights, the media will lose containment and will lose the ablity to convince Americans that these are isolated incidents involving "nuts." When this happens, Americans will join together in the face of a deadly, tyrannical government and actually make a difference.

You've got to ask yourself, are you willing to be one of the first? Maybe the first and only? Would your death be in vain? Would you really die for something greater than yourself, or would the government and media successfully stifle your cause?

In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Not really over the top.

There was a lawyer in New Orleans that told the .gov disarming squad to pound sand from the third floor of his home. Told the police { and I am paraphrasing} "for all I know you are criminals who ambushed real LEOs and stole their gear, and if they tried to force their way in, it would get ugly"

They left, the lawyer stayed armed.

The premise is not "over the top" It has happened within the last 5 years.

Katrina was a bit different than an organized round up IMO. If it ever comes to an organized round up, expect at least a squad or two of men in Level III or IV body armor carrying sub machine guns or automatic rifles to show up. Odds are their knock is going to be very loud, because it'll be made with a twenty pound breaching tool...

Getting into a firefight with them, yeah you'll lose and yeah you might be Okay with that. But if your family is in the house, you have to realize that those cops are going to throw their selectors into "I just crapped my pants" mode and spray the whole house down.

All this ignores one huge thing though: where are they going to find enough cops to go door to door for all the guns? There are just too many gun owners out there, and there are too many cops that will refuse to follow such an order.

In fact, with as many pro-gun cops as I know about, I think we'd have more than enough warning to avoid being taken like this.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Katrina was a bit different than an organized round up IMO. If it ever comes to an organized round up, expect at least a squad or two of men in Level III or IV body armor carrying sub machine guns or automatic rifles to show up. Odds are their knock is going to be very loud, because it'll be made with a twenty pound breaching tool...

So does this mean no Girl Scout cookies?

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Hi Guys,

I need to weigh in on this one again after the events of today. A Deputy was killed in my county over a water turn off order. A guy came blazing out of his trailer and shot the 31 year old officer in the head. He had been on the force for two months and left a wife with three kids.

I'm not blaming the water company and really don't know the whole story. What I DO know is that the young officer is on a slab in a fuss that started over a damned water bill. Yes, the lady of the house fired some shots and the call officers answered was about "shots fired" but he still died over a water bill!

Projecting this forward and applying it to this thread.........An order is given by a jerk administrator to confiscate my legal property. Real people come to my house to carry out the order. It hits the fan, several officers and myself are laying on slabs while the administrator considers what "spin" he's going to put on the story after lunch.

I have pledged to protect my home against ALL intruders with whatever force is necessary. The factor that I did NOT dial into this is the fat cats and criminals in positions of power send out real people just like you and me to do their bidding. It's those deputies and officers who take the backlash from abuse and excesses of power as the little people lash out against tyranny. The fat cats never leave their air conditioned offices.

Geeze, there is something really wrong here and I'm going to take another look at it!

Flash

frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You know Roger, I agree that it is senseless to shoot anybody over the water service or something crazy like that, but we have inherent rights that were included in the Bill of Rights. It is when someone violates those rights that you have to know why they were given to us, and if you read the federalist papers you'll know that the right to bear arms is there so we can overthrow a tyrannical government, if that were the case. With all of that stated, it seems to me that a cop who either choses to ignore our rights that were bought with the blood of true patriots, or doesn't know is still the part of the corruption and should be dealt with accordingly. Remember, he has a choice in the matter as well: Do I enforce this illegal order or do I do what's right? It's a harsh world and everyone who has ever died was somebody with a family, but which side you choose to die for is what matters to me. I choose to uphold the constitution and my rights.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    When the order is given, it will be given by a $600 suit wearing bureaucrat, and low-level government employees will be burdened with the task of carrying out this detestable duty. And you are correct; officers and citizens will die, and the bureaucrats will spin the story accordingly. They do this on a daily basis.

Because the officer or soldier who knocks on your door and demands your guns has a wife and kids, do we bend over and give up our rights? I firmly believe our government is counting on us to be too civilized to fight back.

I'm not advocating opening the door with guns blazing, by any means; but there is a line, and some day it will be crossed... and we'll have to make a decision.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    When the order is given, it will be given by a $600 suit wearing bureaucrat, and low-level government employees will be burdened with the task of carrying out this detestable duty. And you are correct; officers and citizens will die, and the bureaucrats will spin the story accordingly. They do this on a daily basis.

Not to sound heartless, but it's a cop's duty to refuse an illegal/unconstitutional instruction.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    There is absolutely a higher calling and reason for defense of our rights. The number of folks who died to get and then to preserve our freedom is staggering. When compared to the loss of one Deputy it is a pretty poor argument for just bending over and taking anything the folks in power try to hand out. I just gotta figure this out to find what is right for me.

Years ago, I worked for a major aircraft company in Tulsa. It was a military base so it had its' own FBI office. One day, they called all 275 members of our department together and told us they thought they were stealing and that they would search all of our homes.

My coworkers dragged me out of there backwards as I continued screaming about what I thought of the FEDS and their warrants. Some homes were actually searched......but not mine.

I had a room mate then and I told him that if the knock on the door came he should get out the back door and keep running. I was not kidding.

One guy went right over the desk of the FBI man when he was accused of taking drugs. After that, he was left alone, too. Just two of us out of 275 men bucked the bastaxx's.

The experience changed me forever and I realized that those who opened their doors to that abuse were bought and sold. Their price was found and paid. I swore that the door of my home would be defended to the death!

So I'm not new to this problem but the shock of this shooting today just rattled me. Gotta figure out what is best for me. Will I use violence to protect my home? Yes. That has not changed.

Flash

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom