Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'll just watch for you.

Notice this is the major flaw with sticking to the road. They're nice, clear firing lanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    Running with a lot of gear has it's uses I guess, I used to do a lot of a few decades ago. I just feel that in most defensive scenarios concealment, use of cover, stealth being able to relocate without advertising to the world where you are going has more merit. As I near my 64th birthday I will be happy if my speed is focused on putting a shot on target in a timely manner.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I get plenty of cardio exercise every day.
    Running people down, stretching the truth, pushing my luck and jumping to conclusions.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    So if SHTF, yoga enthusiasts rule the world?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Fine by me!!!
    imagegif

sexy-yoga-pants-21_zps71e2a4db.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You run on a road because it's a mostly flat surface and you wont break your ankle if you hit a snake hole. Moving in broken ground is a lot slower, but at least it's something here. I give Nutn his props, most people talk shit, he puts his money where his mouth is. Dood was 47 years old when he did this run.. I timed it on his B channel and the 1 mile run in tac gear took him 13 minutes and some seconds... My mile on the treadmill is 9 minutes..

Also the shots in my post aren't aimed at those folks over 55. It's aimed at these online super soldiers. You know the types. people 20 to 45 who have all this prepper gear and 10,000 bucks worth of guns but if they had to more than stroll down the road they'd be on the ground gasping for air.

IF you're 75 and you can walk the woods that's good enough for me.. If you're my age (35) and you can't do a mile with your tac gear, unless you have a serious terminal illness I am not going to take you seriously. Americans get the fatass stereotype for good reason..

Also I believe that mindset and body set are important factors, I never said you SHOULDN'T have the mental preparation and skills, I just said if you don't have the physical preparation it's useless stuff to have. If you're forced to be static because of your physical fitness and you need to be mobile you're dead weight.

I know my limitations. I'm 5'4 and 140 (I need to lose some weigh I eat the wrong stuff) but I can run a mile and I give 110% when most people give 80%.. I'm not the strongest or the fastest but I try the hardest and I expect from others as much as I give.

This thread wasn't necessarily a shot at our forum members specifically, moreso a commentary about what I see a lot of online.

spweh.jpg

As one of those old, fat, slow and broken retired military types, running any distances just isn't likely gonna happen in a SHTF situation. In fact, it is more of a Hollywood myth (thanks to movies such as Behind Enemy Lines) as there's not a lot of running at SERE. Survival is a matter of mental agility and toughness, and if the zombies (or whoever are attacking) show up the better plan is to hunker down and defend your position.

But I will agree that most "preppers" are fantasy airsofters who think having gear will get them through any situation. There multiplayer online role-playing games have not prepared them for a real life situation especially in terms of, as Harry Callahan would say, "knowing your limitations." It's just a much a matter of knowing what you cannot do as it is what you can, and one of the things I cannot do at this point in my life is run sub-six-minute miles. Or sub-ten-minute miles for that matter. Luckily I know that, accept it and plan accordingly. Whether my plan works or not won't be known until such time as it is implemented. For now, I am not going to blow out my knees any further trying to be what I can no longer be...

Cheers! M2

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    I think the mindset the video has marginal merit and points more to someone who's wanting to prepare to defend their community, should security break down enough to warrant civilians forming militias again...But to the average Joe, and in "normal" emergency scenarios, this is completely impractical.

Just being willing to stand your ground and FIGHT for your home is probably more of a deterrent and better prep than anything else.

For those who listen to Jocko Willink's podcast, he reviews a book on the Japanese invasion of Nanking, China in WW2. They pretty much surrendered right away and got slaughtered for it - despite having a force that was likely large enough to defeat the Japanese attack..

All the officers ran.

I highly recommend spending your time better by listening to Jocko's excellent podcasts about leadership, history, etc instead of watching "Nutnfancy" videos about high speed low drag drivel.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    IF you're 75 and you can walk the woods that's good enough for me.. If you're my age (35) and you can't do a mile with your tac gear, unless you have a serious terminal illness I am not going to take you seriously. Americans get the fatass stereotype for good reason..

Where did you get the idea any one cares if you take them seriously? Do you think any one takes you seriously, Darkpriest667?

What would you call serious? If you did take some one seriously, what would that mean? How could we look at you and tell, "Wow, that guy is taking me seriously!"

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I don't take 99.9% of this "prepper/survivalist" stuff seriously at all. It just a lot of people who never had any REAL problem in their life to compare with the problems they make up in their own mind. So the solution to the problem they IMAGINE is easy to IMAGINE they have licked.

We just did have a little power outage here. More than an interruption of the Price is Right, the power was off for 3 days. That's nothing compared to real SHTF stuff preppers dream of. So? So what do you do? Start shooting people walking past the house? Maybe take everything out of the freezer and put it in your back pack and start running down the road?

They don't come on TV ya know and announce "The power won't be back on in 5 minutes, 5 hours, or 5 days. This is it. SHTF is for real. Grab your bug out bags boys."

Here's how I DID deal with SHTF, I screwed around on the internet for a couple hours everyday just like I about always do. When the battery went dead I went out side to shoot guns and ride motorcycles about like I do every day. When it was time for lunch instead of opening the refrigerator, I took out everything that might go bad soon and put it in a cooler and took that out to the root cellar. Then I duct taped the doors closed around the seal of the frig and down stairs on the freezer to.

Then I went to town and had lunch at a restaurant and charged up the battery on the computer.

It was hell.

Three days and all I lost was a half a chicken, some left overs and half a jar of mayo.

When I took the trash to the dumpsters the attendant said people had been throwing away food there by the barrel for two days already. Yet no attacks from the starving on our "compound". Never once had to run a mile with or with out a pack. On the third day I was getting out the generator to hook it up to the house and I saw the bucket truck go by and just closed the barn door. Power was on by 11am.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol

Somebody got offended on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GUNNER51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2017
    TOMBALL
    Where did you get the idea any one cares if you take them seriously? Do you think any one takes you seriously, Darkpriest667?

What would you call serious? If you did take some one seriously, what would that mean? How could we look at you and tell, "Wow, that guy is taking me seriously!"
    Jack Ryan,

Where in Texas might I find Indiana?

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2