Military Camp

If you could own one car of your choice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    The Viper was being driven by an instructor from the Petty Driving Experience and the GC by one of the engineers/test drivers from the design team. I don't believe the drivers were a problem in this case.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The Viper was being driven by an instructor from the Petty Driving Experience and the GC by one of the engineers/test drivers from the design team. I don't believe the drivers were a problem in this case.

Oval track drivers aren't known for their road course skills unless you happen to be Boris. :cool:

From the standpoint of the cars capabilities, there is no reason why the Viper should not have been running away. It's a better handling, MUCH faster, and better braking car by a long shot.

I think it was simply a case of one person pushing a car hard, and the other just driving fast.

You should look up the videos of Sabine Schmidt driving an M5 full of people and outpacing a Porsche GT3 on the Nurburgring. God that woman can drive a car hard, and the GT3 is a much faster track car just the owner was not as balsy.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    At this point I am going to revise my wish. I think I'll take anything with 4 wheels that has 600HP, weighs less than 2500 lbs, and gets 75 mpg.

Even if it is ugly, it should be a blast to drive.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Sports cars are great but c'mon

1990's Land Rover Defender 110 with 200TDI diesel engine. the diesel was never imported to America but an easy to work on go anywhere truck.

brainiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    Series "D" Vincent Black Lightning
    1952_black_lightning.jpg

crossfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    A Tesla Coupe, but if the sky's the limit, the '67 STP gas turbine Indy car driven by Parnelli Jones. I saw it run. It was scary fast and nowhere near it's maximum potential.

crossfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Yes, the car was built by Granatelli, and was technically a Studebaker, but it was raced. A $6.00 bearing kept it from winning. The following year USAC, (pushed by Offenhauser and Ford), legislated the turbine cars down to a shadow of what the '67 was, mostly by limiting the size of the intake, and then finally legislated them right out of existence.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    what im trying to afford
    930ext.jpg

what i cant afford
    29_30_8---Porsche-Carrera-GT_web.jpg

but if i can get to have the porsche 930 in my lifetime ill die happy :)

Excellent taste! I too would like a 993 Turbo, the only problem is I prefer a large single turbo compared to twin (pulls harder on boost and sounds better). I'm thinking that, next time around, I'll either build an early 90's 964 C2 or mid 90's 993 C2 with a turbo kit so that I can do a single from the ground up. The '87 Carrera I had was built and had a turbo kit and ~430whp, and even that was a TON of fun. I'm hoping to build a 911 next time with somewhere in the 600-700whp range.

Top Bottom