DK Firearms

If You Decide Not To Get The "COVID" Vaccine, You're Now Labelled An Anti-Vaxxer

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    He's talking about this thing
    image-instruments-Earth-satellite-NASA-Suomi-National-2012.jpg

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I wonder about the severe cases too. If we'll ever find out why some die and others shrug it off. My buddy and his wife cut short their vacation here a couple weekends ago. When they got home they found out they had covid. He's pretty healthy, she has a number of comorbidities. She's OK. He's on a vent.
    Were they immunized?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks. This is what I have a hard time reconciling. Either there’s a large amount of missing science around pre- or asymptomatic viral transmission in general or, what we’ve believed to be true in the past is either no longer true, or there has been some type of innovation occur whether natural or engineered.

The branches/sequels to those questions point me to wondering if there’s some genomic commonalities among those who have the various severe reactions. I’m sure there are, but then the questions become how likely is this to have occurred natively.

Just things I ponder.
    Probably the way i‘d think about is that, fever, chills, feeling sick are immune responses, rather than the actual virus. As your immune system works, the virus level drops. I think this is probably true for flu and other respiratory viruses as well.

It makes sense that things like Tamiflu really should be given within 48 Hours of symptoms for it to make any difference (and it isn’t much difference).

I couldn’t tell you why some people do really well, and others die.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …As your immune system works, the virus level drops…
    I get that part, let me finesse the question. Typhoid fever is bacterial and has a 1% to 6% chronic asymptomatic carrier (Typhoid Mary) rate. Though dated, this article suggests that while asymptomatic shedding of influenza can occur, it’s unknown for transmission effectiveness.

With that in mind, I just can’t reconcile the notion that SARS-COV-2 is orders of magnitude more efficient in asymptomatic transmission or what we believe to be true about asymptomatic transmission in other viruses is not true about this virus. What I think is most likely is that what is believed about SARS-COV-2 asymptomatic transmission isn’t rigorously verifiable.

Let’s assume I’m wrong though, and it is orders of magnitude more effective in asymptomatic transmission as scenarios from the CDC best guess estimate.

If that is true, then how did that innovation occur? Natural selection or human engineering? The answer to that may be uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I get that part, let me finesse the question. Typhoid fever is bacterial and has a 1% to 6% chronic asymptomatic carrier (Typhoid Mary) rate. Though dated, this article suggests that while asymptomatic shedding of influenza can occur, it’s unknown for transmission effectiveness.

With that in mind, I just can’t reconcile the notion that SARS-COV-2 is orders of magnitude more efficient in asymptomatic transmission or what we believe to be true about asymptomatic transmission in other viruses is not true about this virus. What I think is most likely is that what is believed about SARS-COV-2 asymptomatic transmission isn’t rigorously verifiable.

Let’s assume I’m wrong though, and it is orders of magnitude more effective in asymptomatic transmission as scenarios from the CDC best guess estimate.

If that is true, then how did that innovation occur? Natural selection or human engineering? The answer to that may be uncomfortable.
    Todd, unless I'm mistaken, it seems as you may be thinking the Covid virus may have been engineered as possible bio-weapon?

If so, that is kind of scary to think about.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Probably the way i‘d think about is that, fever, chills, feeling sick are immune responses, rather than the actual virus. As your immune system works, the virus level drops. I think this is probably true for flu and other respiratory viruses as well.

It makes sense that things like Tamiflu really should be given within 48 Hours of symptoms for it to make any difference (and it isn’t much difference).

I couldn’t tell you why some people do really well, and others die.

1) I loved BSG except the ending

2) Thank you for commenting in this thread. I really appreciate it

3) @toddnjoyce brought up steroids. My mother is 72 has COPD and got COVID in January. I could tell just by speaking to her on the phone she was absolutely going to die from it as time went on and she got worse and worse. She went to the doctor (A DO) and he gave her some sort of steroid, she recovered within 5 days of that steroid in her body. I understand that correlation may be just anecdotal, but I also noticed that I didnt get sick at all when my girlfriend had it and I was using ADVAIR which is a corticosteroid? Is there an immune boost or something steroids do that might hinder virus replication?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Todd, unless I'm mistaken, it seems as you may be thinking the Covid virus may have been engineered as possible bio-weapon?

If so, that is kind of scary to think about.

I’ve always considered that a possibility. All viruses require a host in order to replicate. All viruses want to replicate. A virus can he highly transmissible, highly lethal, or both. If it is both, then it cannot having staying power because it burns through the host supply before it can mutate and find a new host supply. Look at Ebola for instance.

That’a the traditional theory at least. Now, it’s suggested that SARS-COV-2 is both more transmissible (and in unique ways) and more lethal than average, yet it’s still here some 18+ months later with no sign of letting up. That leads me to ask the question. And yes, it has to be a binary answer of either natural selection/evolution or engineered. I guess we could open it up alien intervention too, but the we’d have to include shît like internet cat memes doing the engineering as well, which is just as likely as aliens, so pick your poison.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well, it's not like they've been engineering (gain of function) viruses to become more infectious, or that Fauci has many patents on engineered viruses. OH WAIT!

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    I’ve always considered that a possibility. All viruses require a host in order to replicate. All viruses want to replicate. A virus can he highly transmissible, highly lethal, or both. If it is both, then it cannot having staying power because it burns through the host supply before it can mutate and find a new host supply. Look at Ebola for instance.

That’a the traditional theory at least. Now, it’s suggested that SARS-COV-2 is both more transmissible (and in unique ways) and more lethal than average, yet it’s still here some 18+ months later with no sign of letting up. That leads me to ask the question. And yes, it has to be a binary answer of either natural selection/evolution or engineered. I guess we could open it up alien intervention too, but the we’d have to include shît like internet cat memes doing the engineering as well, which is just as likely as aliens, so pick your poison.

From my understanding is it was engineered for research but not as a bioweapon.

The Chinese refuse to acknowledge it because they don't want to look inept. What most likely happened is there was a failure at Wuhan lab and the virus got out through one of the employees accidentally.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Meh, engineered is engineered. Intent is irrelevant; something about a Bud Light commercial and great responsibility.

I don't disagree, I think my point was if you were going to engineer a bioweapon you'd make it deadlier than 4%

EDIT -- oh and that the Chinese were incompetent and don't want to admit it.

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    1) I loved BSG except the ending

2) Thank you for commenting in this thread. I really appreciate it

3) @toddnjoyce brought up steroids. My mother is 72 has COPD and got COVID in January. I could tell just by speaking to her on the phone she was absolutely going to die from it as time went on and she got worse and worse. She went to the doctor (A DO) and he gave her some sort of steroid, she recovered within 5 days of that steroid in her body. I understand that correlation may be just anecdotal, but I also noticed that I didnt get sick at all when my girlfriend had it and I was using ADVAIR which is a corticosteroid? Is there an immune boost or something steroids do that might hinder virus replication?
    I know inhaled budesonide was one of the things recommended by some docs for treatment before the vaccines.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I don't disagree, I think my point was if you were going to engineer a bioweapon you'd make it deadlier than 4%

EDIT -- oh and that the Chinese were incompetent and don't want to admit it.
    What if the desired outcome wasn't about mass killing, but in making people sick and disrupting the economy of a country?

Not that I expect the public is ever going to know the truth, but what was the reason for the virus in the first place? Research? IF the intent of the virus was a bio-weapon, we will never know that for sure. Does anyone know anything about the lab the virus supposedly came from? What type of lab is it? What is it's main function as a lab?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    From my understanding is it was engineered for research but not as a bioweapon.

The Chinese refuse to acknowledge it because they don't want to look inept. What most likely happened is there was a failure at Wuhan lab and the virus got out through one of the employees accidentally.
    I was thinking of engineering honey bees to be more aggressive, what can go wrong?

I understand the why, but when people like Fauci states, “the benefits of such experiments and the resulting knowledge outweigh the risks." Clearly a normal society is not a priority. And why did the U.S. ban funding to this lab?

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Through out history, since recorded time, war and disease have been what has thinned out the population of our earth.

Where we are today, is that doctors and scientists have gotten too smart for their own good, trying to wipe out every disease that comes along. Sadly, I think in their arrogance that they believe they are God.

Our world is growing in population at a extreme growth rate. At some point, just a matter of when, not if, we will run out of resources to feed and care for the massive population increase.

Deaths from war and disease kept the world's population in check.

No one wants to die, but we are moving towards our own death, from the very moment we are born and draw our first breath. There is no guarantee of what our life expectancy is going to be from that moment. We are not even guaranteed the next moment in our lives.

Scientists and doctors need to take a step back, and realize that they are not nearly as smart as they would like to think they are. Nature has done for the most part a very good job at keeping the population in check in many ways. Comes back to my thoughts, of only the strong will survive. Let nature handle things. People have been getting all sorts of diseases and sickness for thousands of years. Some live through it, and some die. Those are just facts of life, and maybe how God wants things to be.

Just to add, Population growth started going exponential in the 1800s with the industrial revolution and use of oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    What if the desired outcome wasn't about mass killing, but in making people sick and disrupting the economy of a country?

Not that I expect the public is ever going to know the truth, but what was the reason for the virus in the first place? Research? IF the intent of the virus was a bio-weapon, we will never know that for sure. Does anyone know anything about the lab the virus supposedly came from? What type of lab is it? What is it's main function as a lab?
    BINGO
    Think about the worlds economy just before the outbreak. China was getting smoked by the rest of the world in large part to Trumps trade policies. I believe they saw an opportunity to tilt the odds in their favor. Additionally with all the US money and political connections I think there’s a good possibility that they saw a way to get Trump out of office and replace him with a CCP friendly democrat.

Top Bottom