• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Keep it up! They say how you enter your 40’s is how you leave your 40’s. I don’t know who ‘they’ are but it somewhat makes sense.

I am just the opposite
    I began my 40s overweight and out of shape
    In turn 50 next month and I am within 15 lbs of the weight I left the military in 1990 and in excellent shape
    I call it my mid life ...

NorTexTony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2017
    I am just the opposite
    I began my 40s overweight and out of shape
    In turn 50 next month and I am within 15 lbs of the weight I left the military in 1990 and in excellent shape
    I call it my mid life ...

Very nice! What do you attribute it to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Very nice! What do you attribute it to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got tired of being fat.

In DEC of 2016 I started counting calories and spent a few months learning about nutrition.
    After 4 months I was down 45 lbs and feeling great.

Then I started exercising, swimming at first, then I bought a mountain bike and lost more weight. When the weather got colder, I joined a gym in 2 months ago and hired a trainer once a week, and now I am working on getting the muscle back that I have lost over the years. Today I am about 70 lbs lighter and starting to reshape my body composition. My body fat is around 22%, and I won't stop until I hit 16%-18%

I read "Bigger Leaner Stronger" by Mike Matthews and I am following that program for weight lifting and nutrition

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Leg day is always fun lol
    I have a new trainer and the squat/deadlift routine is my new life. Last weekend I had an IDPA shoot and i could barely move.... not that it kept me from shooting though! The Mrs. has also found some new stuff on squats and deadlifts.

All I know is that I've spend the last 6 months in the gym bumping my machine weights every week.. first day doing legit free-weight squats and I was checking to see if I needed a doctor's note to rent a walker.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I am 6'6" tall.
    Having long legs puts tall people at a mechanical disadvantage to getting low on squats. It have progressed to box squats with a fair amount of weight on the bar but I have also started doing Bulgarian Split Squats , they look easy, but are hard AF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    You should see the looks I get when I load all that on a trap bar, and walk with it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only way to convey respect.

Love you brother. Keep getting huge. Get nasty huge. You might have to protect Texas one day. We'll be shoulder to shoulder.

Jim Beam is tilted my reality at the moment. 495# off the floor sold me.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I finally got my dead lifts well north of 300 and going up.
    My trainer thinks with some more fine tuning, we might hit 400 in a couple of months.
    I want to pull 350 by end of year

My trainer told me for months that after spending a year losing 90 lbs that if I wanted to gain muscle back, I had to eat more , above my BMR but I had the mindset that was bad so I worked my butt off for 5 months and wasn’t eating enough and only had modest gains.
    Over the past 3 months I have been eating close to 3000 calories a day and working out 5 days a week, lifting heavy within 75 percent of 1RM and I’ve seen noticeable gains by being able to add more weight almost weekly.

I’ve only put about 6 lbs on the scale and according to the body fat scale, its mostly lean mass so that’s good.

I’m having a blast working out hard and eating about anything I want including about 240 grams of protein a day.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom