• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Y'all keep spelling cream gravy wrong....

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

We always called it country style gravy. And then there was brown gravy!

Now my stepmom, she use to make a mushroom gravy that was out of this world, that we used for fried rabbit. Now that was a meal! Fried rabbit, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, homemade bread, and fried okra!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    If that okra is thin sliced with corn flour on it cooked until the okra itself is crunchy......the okra would be desert.

JRB, that was how my granny made okra! She sliced them about 1/2" long. soaked them in buttermilk, drained them, put cornmeal in paper sack with the okra and shook them up until they were fully coated with the cornmeal, then deep fried them in cast iron skillet until golden brown.

That is how I make okra at home.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I mix a batter of eggs/flour/salt/pepper.... Dunk thin egg plant slices in that n' fry until golden brown! Yessssss'sirr'eee...

ETA: I whipp the eggs with salt n' pepper in'em. Dump sliced egg plant in that... let'em soak for awhile.... Then flip/flop'em in the flour mixed with salt/pepper. Then fry to golden brown. Peel egg plant first or you'll get a bitter first bite!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I mix a batter of eggs/flour/salt/pepper.... Dunk thin egg plant slices in that n' fry until golden brown! Yessssss'sirr'eee...

ETA: I whipp the eggs with salt n' pepper in'em. Dump sliced egg plant in that... let'em soak for awhile.... Then flip/flop'em in the flour mixed with salt/pepper. Then fry to golden brown. Peel egg plant first or you'll get a bitter first bite!

The wife soaks the egg plant, or tomatoes, or squash in buttermilk first, then dunks them in beaten eggs, then dredges them in mixture of flour and cornmeal, then fries them in the skillet until golden brown.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Thin sliced fried egg plant Mmmm....mmmmm...mmmmmm....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JRB, that was how my granny made okra! She sliced them about 1/2" long. soaked them in buttermilk, drained them, put cornmeal in paper sack with the okra and shook them up until they were fully coated with the cornmeal, then deep fried them in cast iron skillet until golden brown.

That is how I make okra at home.
    I don't do tomatoes or eggplant.
    Fry the okra until it all starts to turn black. The taste will surprise you.
    Besides, Mom had a little char on almost everything anyway. But okra tends to caramelize instead of burn.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I don't do tomatoes or eggplant.
    Fry the okra until it all starts to turn black. The taste will surprise you.
    Besides, Mom had a little char on almost everything anyway. But okra tends to caramelize instead of burn.

I didn't care for the flavor myself. Sort of reminded me of burnt popcorn. Some people like that flavor, just not me.

Top Bottom