• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    As long as you use proper English when communicating with clients I don't really care. This is just one of many things that have changed over the course of decades and I'm not going to stress or get upset over something I have no control over. My kids will use proper English and that is the best I can do.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Little Cajun kids use the word "bring" for "take" ... "Bring it over there."
    Wasn't quite sure the difference until grammar school.
    Still say it ... and get called on it.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    As long as you use proper English when communicating with clients I don't really care. This is just one of many things that have changed over the course of decades and I'm not going to stress or get upset over something I have no control over. My kids will use proper English and that is the best I can do.

To add to what you said, customer service and wanting to produce good products have taken a nose dive. It amazes me in manufacturing how something can leave a persons hands and they won’t care if it’s shit or not. Or want a customer to walk away feeling like their product or where they got their product has a guy behind the counter who will make things right regardless of company policies.

If they don’t care about this I won’t expect them to give a shit about communication at work

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    BTW: My excessive use of capitlization of whole words is due to a technical problem I am working on. I just want to use bold print for one word, but then getting back to normal print feels like trying to get a pardon, as it wants to bold print the rest of my post.

I just have to nail down the proper procedure to easily isolate that one word. (It just works much differently than what I am used to, and my inherent laziness makes whole world capitalization too easy.)

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    Even way back in the early 60s I can remember lower class kids in the UK saying "I'm going to learn him a lesson" so poor English has been around for quite a while. What I do see more of nowadays is bad English produced by the supposedly educated members of our society.

One of my personal irritations is this new word aircrafts, it is common on U Tube documentaries and has also found it's way into some Hollywood movie scripts. I eagerly await to hear someone talk about a flock of sheeps.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I appreciate the dialect of different areas of our country.

People seldom ask what state I'm from.
    They ask, "what part of Texas are you from?"
    I miss listening to my papaw.
    He dressed like Tom Landry, talked like Snuffy Smith.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have to axe for all these prescriptions that I can spell, but have never heard spoken verbally. By the 3rd or 4th grade you should have learned to spell washer, whether hardware or clothes, enunciation, or ACCENT can be easily overlooked, and should not show up in the printed word, ( unless intentionally).

I think a ton of it is due to rural speaking. My grandparents (very white) talked like the old black man at the feed store. It's a country thing.

I remember saying something my grandpa used to say. It was overheard by a black lady who thought I was making fun of her. I hadn't heard her say a word.

I have a professional certification and a masters degree. But when I get around my country family sometimes my country talking comes out.

I think it's a country thing, but also a southern thing. Because there are hundreds of thousands of folks like me that moved to the city thinking it was better where corn don't grow. It ain't.

Top Bottom