• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    There is a difference between civil war and revolution. In a civil war it would be one faction against another (regional, political, racial, etc). In a revolution it is the citizens or such against the government. I believe what we are talking about here is revolution.

As to what the military would do is completely up in the air. There are so many scenarios and variations on those scenarios that it is a real problem to predict how the military would react. Don't make the mistake of thinking that the military are unified in their thoughts/beliefs/views. Remember, we are all just folks who come from all over the country. I regularly argue with another officer here who is an Obama supporter (including his climate aims, etc.). The military is sworn to uphold the constitution, but the devil is in the details of how to do that. If it came to revolution as some here are describing I'm afraid that the turmoil within the military would be devastating and reflective of what was happening in the general population. Whole books could be written exploring the possibilities.
    Military Camp

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm hearing discussions like this more and more, and frankly it scares hell outta me - because in truth, I don't know that there's much more option left to us. We've got a congress that is totally out of control, and doing pretty much whatever they want to. 200+ years ago, our Founding Fathers knew this might come to pass, which is why they inserted the 2nd Amendment.
    For those that think that a militia couldn't stand up against Federal troops, remember the lessons taught to countless world-class armies by some cave-dwellin' folks in Afghanistan...
    I pray it won't come to that - but if it does, us "old farts" need to be first in line in the hopes that we can effect a change before our younger generation has to lose THEIR lives...

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I can see this going many different ways.
    As Hawg and others said “with hold tax’s” but our government would keep borrowing and send in some sort of “force “-“whatever it may be” to collect. Garnish wages, bank accounts, etc…. and where does that leave Mr. Irate American but broke and homeless!
    Trying to get enough people to with hold taxes that it would have a positive impact is IMO is a pipe dream. Too much fear of losing the good life. Not enough people willing to make that kind of sacrifice.
    A third party is a more viable possibility and could very well be what happens if as I stated earlier our government does not try and “MAN-HANDLE” the public by military means.
    IMO 2010 and 2012 will be decisive and based on those out comes all this banter back and forth could become moot or could case more men and woman to stand up and say enough!

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Too much fear of losing the good life. Not enough people willing to make that kind of sacrifice.

Bingo,man will only fight back when he has lost everything and there is no other choice,IMO I never thought it would be possible here but if we continue on our current path it may happen.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I think governmental collapse will mirror economic collapse without a shot fired. The USSR might be our mirror to the future. I anticipate states either becoming independent or forming new allegiances with other states. Texas would be in pretty good shape if this were to come to pass. We have land, energy and water.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    You are right. There are not geographic dividing lines. Just a nationwide coalition of politicians both state and federal lining their pockets with private citizens property and wealth and another gropu of citizens that so far seem to tolerate their subserviant role. The revoltion will come in the form of refusal to pay taxes and a major movment in the polls shifting away from the two party juggernaughts. A libertarian winning seats would be a revolution of sorts.
    Gotta go along with most of that. The reason we won't have civil war is that the unrest is coming from all over. There aren't clearly defined "sides" to fight against.

Political upheaval is much more likely.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The thing that annoys me is, some people talk about this and actually want it. That's insane. Usually it's people that don't want to lift a damn finger to try out positive means first, they just want to sit around in their "bunker", complain, and shoot anything that moves. Me, I hope to God it never happens, or at least never becomes necessary to happen and we solve things politically and legislatively. We do have plenty of peaceful means available to us to change things for the better, if we'd all get on the same page and work together. Even though I hope to God things never have to reach the point of violence, you can be damn sure I'm going to be prepared for if it does. Hope for and work towards the best, but prepare for the worst.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    The thing that annoys me is, some people talk about this and actually want it. That's insane. Usually it's people that don't want to lift a damn finger to try out positive means first, they just want to sit around in their "bunker", complain, and shoot anything that moves. Me, I hope to God it never happens, or at least never becomes necessary to happen and we solve things politically and legislatively. We do have plenty of peaceful means available to us to change things for the better, if we'd all get on the same page and work together. Even though I hope to God things never have to reach the point of violence, you can be damn sure I'm going to be prepared for if it does. Hope for and work towards the best, but prepare for the worst.

There ya go! But how do we get on the same page when we are so scattered? I have joined several groups, hoping that they could organize the people into a more cohesive voting block only to see them arguing over minor things that won't help us out of this in the least. Same page would be nice.

Look at the big picture. Dig for information. Don't just accept what you see on the idiot box as fact. Read lots of history. (Of all countries, not just ours. You'd be surprized at the paralells. Scary stuff and it's happening again and we're letting it!) Friends and relatives are getting tired of hearing me talk about things like this. I get tired of them being clueless about it.

Uh oh! I always seem to get off track. A glimpse into the mind of a scared (a lot) crazy (just a little) person. I'll shut up now.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    Gotta go along with most of that. The reason we won't have civil war is that the unrest is coming from all over. There aren't clearly defined "sides" to fight against.

Political upheaval is much more likely.
    It's ironic that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" comes to mind.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    There must be a catalyst that forces people to put aside their petty differences and this has yet to happen. Until that catalyst, whatever it may be, occurs the status quo will not change and “We the People” will remain in the pit we are in now.
    The pot is boiling but what will cause it to boil over and unite the people of this country is anyone guess at this point.
    How it occurs will not be clear till the actual event happens so for now we can all throw our best guess out and banter back and forth and each person brings a valid reason to the table but again, what will be the catalyst and how will the event unfold is beyond our best guess at this point IMHO.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    In previous years I believe to some degree Americans held or had a common bond such as ww2, that bond has disappeared due to various reasons, population growth,public schools, etc, until that occurs once again under new leadership it will only get worse.

We're fragmenting due to race, religion,politics, and between the have and have not groups,many in power use this to advantage to steal more power and money simply as that, but the big question how do we fix this peacefully. I certainly don't know.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    In previous years I believe to some degree Americans held or had a common bond such as ww2, that bond has disappeared due to various reasons, population growth,public schools, etc, until that occurs once again under new leadership it will only get worse.

We're fragmenting due to race, religion,politics, and between the have and have not groups,many in power use this to advantage to steal more power and money simply as that, but the big question how do we fix this peacefully. I certainly don't know.
    A factual observation!
    I also believe our immigration policy or lack there of has had a huge impact on the splintering of America.
    Americans have lost their identity IMO.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    A factual observation!
    I also believe our immigration policy or lack there of has had a huge impact on the splintering of America.
    Americans have lost their identity IMO.

American people not the american government were putting race behind them in the 1950's and 60's and united America was ending racial divides. The left saw their power via class envy dissappearing and quickly seized the moment to get racial hatred/class envy back on track. Martin Luther King's message was equality, integration, and unity for all. It was an EQUAL rights movement. Equal right to seek opportunity, equal right to fail or flourish. The left quickly changed the message to multi-culturalism and diversity and sent their Jacksons and Sharptons out to end unity and equality. I'll give a couple imperfect examples. In the the 60's Rock, R&B, Motown, and Soul music played on the same radio stations at the same time, it was one audience. In the late 60's and 70's there was busing to create an integration movement in public schools so all would get the same exposure to the same message in English, so all could be united.

Now we have segration of language, multi-culturalism without allegiance to our flag. The government gives contract award preference based upon race and sex of the owner which means the government assumes some sexes and races are lower than others by their very physical nature. Greater success = greater confiscation of wealth. Greater failure = greater support from the government. The government subsidizes losers and penalizes winners. Right now our entire government is completely ass backwords from what any sane and rational thinking person would expect a government of free people would look and act like.

LoneWolf1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Texas
    it is long over due for a major change in washington everything there is messed up YES WE NEED A REVOLUTION! congress is no better than a used car salesman

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    "Need" a revolution? No, my friend - that's the LAST thing we "need". "Must" we have one? Jury's still out on that question IMO. But yeah....it's definitely time to keep powder dry.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Well said.

Just because Washington does not abide by what the majority of gun owners want doesn't give us the right to wage a war against our own people. That is not American, that is not how the forefathers intended, and that is not moral.

Exhaust all options, then reluctantly take to arms. Ask yourself this, what if it was your neighbor, your friends, on the other side? What if it was your brother? That's one lesson alot of people seem to forget about the first Civil War.

We need to be working to unite the American people towards the cause of freedom and general well being. There is nothing the People can not overcome, endure, or create. We just have to put our minds to it, and give a little sacrifice.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    IMHO the only real American patriots are among the counties populace and in the military. Politicians are nothing more than power hungry individuals and groups with only their own interest at heart.
    I think we will see a military takeover of our government and here’s the scenario I believe that will trigger it.
    I believe (and there are signs of this today) that our government will order our military to take action upon the American populace at which time the patriots in the military will take action against the government.
    I do not believe this will become a military run country but the military will stay in power until a new constitutional government can be placed in power.
    Call me crazy or whatever you wish but at this point in time based on current events this is how I see things taking place.

Red.
    I have had this discussion with my brother over the years, He feels the same as you.
    I however am not so optimistic.
    Reason?
    Louisiana. The Mayor, Not Governor but the Mayer called in the National Guard and told them to take everyones guns. And they did!!!!!!!!

I would hope it would go the other way. But we have already seen that despite what the constitution or the laws say. Politicizations WILL do what they want. And Solders do DO what they are told.
    Understand. I love and respect our armed services. and they are the best. But Louisiana speaks ginormous volumes to me. They did it once there. What says they will not do it again to the whole country.

Top Bottom