• ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Hello Everybody,
    Last year's ISHOT1000 match was a great time and yielded some interesting results. I have been contacted by a few folks already asking about next year's match and have finally pinned down a date and tentative requirements.

The purpose of the match will be the same as last year - 1000 round function testing of guns with no maintenance during the course of 20 timed stages of 50 rounds each, recording and sharing the results afterwards.

This match is especially for those of you who proclaim having flawlessly functioning guns and want to have some fun showing off! Plus, the match is just a heck of a good time.

While the last match involved a lot of blasting at various stationary and moving targets, this match will include some specific stages that will challenge shooter skills and further test the abilities of the gun. At least four stages will be competitive shooter stages, of which two will address speed (best time) and two will address marksmanship (best score/group). All stages will have a time limit as with last year.

Requirements:
    Semi-auto carry handgun (.380 caliber or larger)
    8 magazines that hold at least 7 rounds each
    Holster
    1000 rounds of factory ammunition (reloads performed poorly last year)
    Standard safety gear (eye/ear)

No Entry Fee is Required

DATE: 2 MAY 2008
    START TIME: 8:00 AM
    LOCATION: Horn Hill Range, Forestburg, Texas (Montague County, north of DFW area)

If interested or have questions, email me at
    IISHOT1000@gmail.com
    Hurley's Gold

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    Hmmm........May 2, 2009 is a Saturday..........guess its time to start acquiring ammo and mags!!!

Damn, I'll need 5 more FNP40 mags, $40 each :(, and 1 more HK USP 9 mag, $40, AND 1000 rounds of 9mm AND .40!!!!!:eek: But I'm sure it will definitely be worth it!!!

Hopefully, I can make it, if not, I'll be stocked for awhile !!!

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    If you will forgive my French, it is quite gay to require factory ammo for the competition. Even without an entry fee, that quadruples the price of ammo used. I guess if I was rich I woudln't mind paying the $250+ for factory ammo instead of the $60ish it takes me to reload as much with better performance. What is this - class warfare?

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Since you are referring to French, you must me the origins of the word 'gay' and that would be Old French and its meaning of merriment.

Let me assure you that there was no ammo merriment amongst reloaders at the previous ISHOT1000 match or the Glock v. 1911 matches held up in Chandler, OK where reloaders turned in abysmal function performance compared to those who used factory ammo.

Yes, factory ammo is more expensive and that is why the heads-up is given now instead of two weeks before the match. Cutting out reloads will also cut down on the whining and excuses by reload shooters during the match and thereby keep the match much more French gay (with merriment) than if reloads are allowed.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    Since you are referring to French, you must me the origins of the word 'gay' and that would be Old French and its meaning of merriment.

Let me assure you that there was no ammo merriment amongst reloaders at the previous ISHOT1000 match or the Glock v. 1911 matches held up in Chandler, OK where reloaders turned in abysmal function performance compared to those who used factory ammo.

Yes, factory ammo is more expensive and that is why the heads-up is given now instead of two weeks before the match. Cutting out reloads will also cut down on the whining and excuses by reload shooters during the match and thereby keep the match much more French gay (with merriment) than if reloads are allowed.
    Got me - I should have said "pardon my Californian" to impart the meaning I wanted. I guess French only implies dirty, unshaven, and carries a white flag in the back pocket all of the time these days.

I guess I understand the requirement of factory loaded ammo seeing the experience you cited. I only know a few reloaders around here and we are ridiculously careful and thoroughly test everything. The primary reason I started was to save money, the second reason is to get better performance than factory ammo. The engineer in me makes sure Q/A is a top priority with an explosive device.

Top Bottom