• Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Saw this on another forum.

Dog alerts are bullshit. A dog can be trained to alert on anything.

These two men should OWN the department when the lawsuit is over.

Last edited:

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    You guys know how I feel about these threads. Keeping in mind that we only know what is reported, I have to say I cannot imagine making a search warrant affidavit based on someone "appearing to clinch his butt cheeks". Then, I cannot imagine a judge signing a warrant based solely on that. Instead, I would imagine a judge would strongly admonish me (at best).

A whole lot of WTF there. I would like to read the affidavit.

Here is a little more info, the civil suit filed by Eckert's attorneys. Has information about the other docs.

David Eckert Lawsuit.pdf

The county of Hidalgo filed an answer. It comes down to "uh... we don't remember any of that"

Eckert v City of Deming Doc 16.0

It looks like the warrant was signed by the luna (county) magistrate judge in (the city of) deming court. Per NM law (NEW MEXICO STATUTES AND CODES, Section 31-1-4 (E) Section 31-1-4 - Criminal actions; docketing action; service; return. - New Mexico Statutes), criminal actions filed in municipal court are limited in scope to the county in which they are signed (i.e. doesn't matter where the judge presides or their title, it matters where the papers were filed and signed).

E. Except for criminal actions filed in municipal court, all police officers authorized to serve process issued in any criminal action have jurisdiction to serve such process in any county of this state.

Still waiting to see the warrant, but since the county didn't dispute the facts of that paragraph (paragraph 20 of their answer, they "lack knowledge or information sufficient to form a belief as to the truth of the allegations contained in paragraphs [...] 58 [...]") then we can conclude that either the facts of the complaint are accurate wrt the origin and execution of the warrant, or that there actually is no warrant valid or otherwise. Either way, the defendants are in (pardon the pun) deep shit.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Holy

Crap
    I see what you did there...
    Saw this on another forum.

Dog alerts are bullshit. A dog can be trained to alert on anything.

These two men should OWN the department when the lawsuit is over.

Oh it goes beyond dog alerts. The dog has no recent documented training that can be found, no recent certification, and has a history of making false alerts.

New Mexico Man Really Had No Idea What He Was in for After Cops Pulled Him Over for Not Using His Blinker

This Dog Can Authorize Anal Probes - Forbes

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    WOW... that is an amazing overreach of power

The depth of the overreach is what's amazing. Ouch!

Simply cannot imagine a licensed physician going along with a procedure, search warrant or not. Shades of Josef Mengele, apparently we are that far down the road.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

Simply cannot imagine a licensed physician going along with a procedure, search warrant or not. Shades of Josef Mengele, apparently we are that far down the road.

The one in their county refused, saying it was unethical. Probably got threatened with arrest for his trouble. I'd like to hear his story.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

It was done by Dr. Okay Harold Odocha (Okay H. Odocha, MB CHB - Phone & Address Info ? Silver City, NM - General Surgery) almost certainly an immigrant from Nigeria from the name, and not too good at English from his linkedin page (Okay Odocha | LinkedIn claims to be the owner of... himself). I suspect he didn't even understand he could refuse.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Understatement.

LOL, well it doesn't seem THAT bad because every time I roll through Deming to Silver City, it's after I've driven I-10 from SA all the freakin' way to Deming.

I've done San Antonio to Los Angeles once. After driving through West Texas, New Mexico and Arizona both seem like short stretches on the road. :p

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    It was done by Dr. Okay Harold Odocha (Okay H. Odocha, MB CHB - Phone & Address Info ? Silver City, NM - General Surgery) almost certainly an immigrant from Nigeria from the name, and not too good at English from his linkedin page (Okay Odocha | LinkedIn claims to be the owner of... himself). I suspect he didn't even understand he could refuse.
    Looks like Dr. Okey Odokey has annoyed lots of other patients, his patient approval rating is only 1.5 out of 5 stars according the link posted.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Wow. This now just seems too unbelievable. What's worse is, it's bound to continue. If the same cops, the same dog, and the same hospital keeps anally probing folks for minor traffic violations because they appear to have clenched their but cheeks, tell me who's a$$ in that town won't pucker up next time they see blue lights flashing behind them?

Anyone smart enough with google to do a search and see if there's a large drug problem in that area where folks are smuggling, and getting caught, with drugs up the rear end? If these two cops have been catching 50 people a month with drugs using an anal probe and happened to miss on these two, it's not right, but it's at least a little understandable. If these two have never caught drugs hidden in someones rear end, then I'm having a hard time coming up with any explanations that aren't bad.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Wow. Two instances of this? Unless the news media is completely making shit up in two instances (as opposed to just being really out of touch as normal), this is absolutely criminal. The hospital has the balls to tell him he has to pay after they raped him because some punk-ass-pigs told him. You've got to be kidding me. This kind of shit is why people call cops pigs. They should go to jail.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wow. This now just seems too unbelievable. What's worse is, it's bound to continue. If the same cops, the same dog, and the same hospital keeps anally probing folks for minor traffic violations because they appear to have clenched their but cheeks, tell me who's a$$ in that town won't pucker up next time they see blue lights flashing behind them?

Anyone smart enough with google to do a search and see if there's a large drug problem in that area where folks are smuggling, and getting caught, with drugs up the rear end? If these two cops have been catching 50 people a month with drugs using an anal probe and happened to miss on these two, it's not right, but it's at least a little understandable. If these two have never caught drugs hidden in someones rear end, then I'm having a hard time coming up with any explanations that aren't bad.

Deming seems like it'd be the kind of place where drugs could be flowing through, being near the border and right on I10. But go east a bit and you run into BP checkpoints (both on 10 and the road that leads south out of town and then east, where you can drive practically on top of the border to meet back up with I10 near the NM/TX border), which would make it kind of risky. Going west is pretty clear, though.

I know one time I saw illegals sitting on the roadside waiting for their ride not too far from there.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Another thread on this topic is saying theyve repeatedly done this to others and i believe there was a link to an investigation on them. They and them being the same two cops.

Top Bottom