• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    MSM has total blackout in this. With all of the fires and the hundreds of millions of dollars in damages and the deaths of residents and firefighters, you would think the MSM would have the decency to let people know when arrests have been made, but politics win over again. Have to rely on foreign media

Target Sports

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

I do NOT know what to do to FORCE the MAIN-SLIME MEDIA to not only TELL THE TRUTH but to broadcast THE REAL NEWS but once DJT is reelected, we need to do something to fix this major problem. = The future of our FREE Republic depends on a TRUTHFUL mass media.

just my OPINION, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    To All,

I do NOT know what to do to FORCE the MAIN-SLIME MEDIA to not only TELL THE TRUTH but to broadcast THE REAL NEWS but once DJT is reelected, we need to do something to fix this major problem. = The future of our FREE Republic depends on a TRUTHFUL mass media.

just my OPINION, satx

Personally, I detest the vast majority of the MSM as being nothing more than propaganda driven outlets for the Democrats, but trying to force them to tell the truth, is the wrong path to take if we believe in what the 1st Amendment stands for and believe that the right to freedom of speech and the rights of the press are sacred.

My thoughts? People need to be more informed and not take what they see in the media as the truth unless it can be verified. And when certain news media outlets lose enough people listening and watching them, maybe they will go under, or decide they need to return to just reporting the news, rather than pushing propaganda on people.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Personally, I detest the vast majority of the MSM as being nothing more than propaganda driven outlets for the Democrats, but trying to force them to tell the truth, is the wrong path to take if we believe in what the 1st Amendment stands for and believe that the right to freedom of speech and the rights of the press are sacred.

My thoughts? People need to be more informed and not take what they see in the media as the truth unless it can be verified. And when certain news media outlets lose enough people listening and watching them, maybe they will go under, or decide they need to return to just reporting the news, rather than pushing propaganda on people.

Axxe55,

While everyone has FREEDOM OF SPEECH, NOBODY has a SOVEREIGN RIGHT to use the PUBLIC AIRWAVES to INTENTIONALLY LIE to the US citizens.

ONE possible option that is NOT against THE CONSTITUTION would be to start suspending BROADCAST LICENSES of TV/radio stations for SPEWING OBVIOUS DISHONESTY on the airwaves & doing so PERMANENTLY after the license is more than once suspended for INTENTIONAL LYING.

The press has NO more RIGHT than you or I do to SHOUT FIRE in a public place, when the broadcaster KNOWS that there is NO fire.

yours, satx

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I believe that if the Democrats take the White House we will see the MSM and the internet giants take the next step and morph into full fleged propaganda machines that will serve as the wedge to alter almost every aspect of our political structure.

For instance, right now the Democrats express desire to amend the Constitution, change the structure of SCOTUS , change the way the President is elected, etc. Using propaganda, they could launch an all out campaign online and in media to convince the masses of the benefits of each move to eliminate resistance in advance before they quietly made the changes and the media controlled the exposure.

This is EXACTLY what Hitler did in the 1930’s and how he was able to make drastic changes in Germany’s political structure.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Axxe55,

While everyone has FREEDOM OF SPEECH, NOBODY has a SOVEREIGN RIGHT to use the PUBLIC AIRWAVES to INTENTIONALLY LIE to the US citizens.

ONE possible option that is NOT against THE CONSTITUTION would be to start suspending BROADCAST LICENSES of TV/radio stations for SPEWING OBVIOUS DISHONESTY on the airwaves & doing so PERMANENTLY after the license is more than once suspended for INTENTIONAL LYING.

The press has NO more RIGHT than you or I do to SHOUT FIRE in a public place, when the broadcaster KNOWS that there is NO fire.

yours, satx

Are you really sure you would want that? Personally, I see that as being way more dangerous, because if at some point the political tides change, then it could be used in entirely a different way that would be even more dangerous.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Axxe55,

ANYTHING "at some time in the future" HAS A POSSIBLE DANGER of being exploited for EVIL, so NO I'm not as concerned as you are.
    (The sky is NOT falling, "Henny Penny".)

IF the USA ever had the sort of change of regime that you fear, there would be NO FREEDOM LEFT for "ordinary folks", like you & me, anyway so "suspending broadcast licenses" would be the LEAST of our problems.

EVERYONE should "GET THE MESSAGE": Reporters/publishers/editors have NO MORE (OR even "different") RIGHTS than any other person has.
    (Even though much of the USA's population has been propagandized into believing that the members of the mass media are PRIVILEDGED CHARACTERS, who are FREE to VIOLATE THE LAWS just because that the media's members CLAIM that they CAN.)

yours, satx.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

Let me give everyone some relatively WELL-KNOWN examples of WHY that I believe that the GLARING EXCESSES of the MEDIA TELLING LIES must be "reined in":

1. The RICHARD JEWELL mess from THE ATLANTA OLYMPIC GAMES (When Mr. Jewell died of a heart attack years later, his name was still not cleared, even though the news media had "CLEAR & CONVINCING EVIDENCE of his INNOCENCE W/I 30 days of when he was FALSELY ACCUSED in the press.)

AND

2. THE DUKE UNIVERSITY LACROSSE TEAM "RAPE SCANDAL"
    (In that case, the national media has STILL NOT ADMITTED the TRUTH that there was not only NO RAPE of the "alleged victim" to investigate but also NO SEXUAL CONTACT of any other kind that occurred.)

BUT

3. The case of "media lying" that really chaps me was a "supposed case of sexual attack & abuse of a high school girl" in a town that was near a Army post where I was stationed when I was on AD, years ago.

The accusation was this (in a much shortened version of a "scandal" that dragged on for months): An assistant coach of a local HS was accused in the local newspaper of "having started a "long lasting sexual abuse & rape of & thereafter continuing to have a sexual affair for more than a year" with a 16yo student at the HS.
    (The coach, "alleged victim" & her family repeatedly denied that there was ANY TRUTH WHATEVER to the accusations but the "reporter" stated that she believed her 5 "confidential sources" & continued to write additional "news items" to "keep stirring the pot".)

The "FINAL RESULT" of the "scandal" was that the coach was FIRED from his job, he & his wife divorced, the coach had to take bankruptcy, "the victim's "parents first separated & then divorced & "the alleged victim" was made so miserable by the gossip that she "left the state". forever.
    (About 4 YEARS later it was finally learned that the "5 confidential sources" were HS girls, who did NOT like "the victim", "feared" that she would be named the local HS Football Princess & had concocted the entire story to embarrass the young woman & to STOP the girl being elected.)
    The 5 HS girls finally admitted to local police detectives/school officials that they had made the whole thing up.
    (Because they were all "underage", NOTHING WAS DONE TO the 5 girls for their knowing lies & the results of their lies.)

The newspaper owner/editor & the "reporter" still claim that what was published in the "newspaper" was THE WHOLE TRUTH & that "nobody can prove that the published account" was anything but 100% CORRECT..

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Axxe55,

ANYTHING "at some time in the future" HAS A POSSIBLE DANGER of being exploited for EVIL, so NO I'm not as concerned as you are.
    (The sky is NOT falling, "Henny Penny".)

IF the USA ever had the sort of change of regime that you fear, there would be NO FREEDOM LEFT for "ordinary folks", like you & me, anyway so "suspending broadcast licenses" would be the LEAST of our problems.

EVERYONE should "GET THE MESSAGE": Reporters/publishers/editors have NO MORE (OR even "different") RIGHTS than any other person has.
    (Even though much of the USA's population has been propagandized into believing that the members of the mass media are PRIVILEDGED CHARACTERS, who are FREE to VIOLATE THE LAWS just because that the media's members CLAIM that they CAN.)

yours, satx.

My opinion is we should never stifle or muzzle the media. That, IMO is an unacceptable path to ever go down in regards to the freedom of speech and the press.

At what point, and who gets to decide what the truth is, and what can, or can't be published? That appears to be shades of a country ruled by a dictatorship, with the government deciding what can be published as being the truth, and what must be silenced because it doesn't fit the narrative. That us dangerous.

A parallel I see is this. How many of our rights and freedoms were given away for the sake of security after the terror attacks of 9/11? Too many! I would rather suffer the few terrorist attacks, than to freely give away any of my rights and freedoms. Such as, I would rather suffer the lies and misinformation that is published by the MSM, than to give away any rights and freedoms of the 1st Amendment.

If people want to know the truth about things, it's out there for them to discover it. If they wish to believe lies as being the truth, that is entirely their problem. Those who wish to know the truth or the real story, will seek it out. That is a fact.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Axxe55,

May I suggest that you read "case #3" in my post #10 & put yourself in the coach's place & then TELL EVERYONE what you would do to "clear your name", get your job back, get your life savings back & "be made whole" by the accusers??
    (As far as I know, the coach still works a "manual labor job" for a landscaping company in another state for minimum wage, as his "reputation as a reputed sex criminal" has followed him for over 2 DECADES.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Sue them. I believe if we live in a Constitutional Republic there is always going to be assholes who make it bad for others, life is not fair. We already have the Dems and the MSM trying to stifle our opinions. The solution is finding alternate sources of reliable information. And tell the truth.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Axxe55,

May I suggest that you read "case #3" in my post #10 & put yourself in the coach's place & then TELL EVERYONE what you would do to "clear your name", get your job back, get your life savings back & "be made whole" by the accusers??
    (As far as I know, the coach still works a "manual labor job" for a landscaping company in another state for minimum wage, as his "reputation as a reputed sex criminal" has followed him for over 2 DECADES.)

yours, satx

Last I remember, you can still file a lawsuit for slander.

If a media outlet published false news or outright lies about me, I can double damn guarantee you I will sue them until they are bankrupt and broke!

And it's his own damn fault for not suing them to protect his name and reputation. I'm sorry, that may sound harsh, but it's the truth.

There are still some media outlets that will practice honest journalism.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Last I remember, you can still file a lawsuit for slander.

If a media outlet published false news or outright lies about me, I can double damn guarantee you I will sue them until they are bankrupt and broke!

And it's his own damn fault for not suing them to protect his name and reputation. I'm sorry, that may sound harsh, but it's the truth.

There are still some media outlets that will practice honest journalism.

Axxe55,

BEFORE "opening mouth & inserting foot", it's GOOD to know some facts about "suits at civil law" & about being considered to be "a public figure".

May I gently suggest that you WOULD LOSE 100% of the time in a libel/slander case against the defendant, (i.e., the newspaper), the reporter & anyone else that you chose to sue.
    Further you MIGHT WELL after the case was "dismissed with prejudice", find yourself countersued for actual & PUNATIVE DAMAGES & LOSE again in that 2nd case, because you (as a HS coach) are "a public figure" & in most judicial districts/States/federal court the press is SHIELDED against civil suits by "public figures", UNLESS and/or UNTIL the plaintiff CAN PROVE beyond reasonable doubt that the defendant(s) either DO NOT BELIEVE their own published accusations and/or that the press is PROVEN to have acted with "PROVABLE MALICE" against the person(s) that they accused of wrongdoing..
    (TELL ME in this case, HOW would you PROVE that the owner/editor/publisher & the reporter DOES NOT BELIEVE what they accused the coach of doing. - ABSENT THAT PROOF, you as "the wrongly accused" LOSE your case 100% of the time.)

Note: I know all too much about this as my angry/CRAZY/mean-SPIRITED ex-wife "seriously considered" accusing me of "molesting our child", even though WE HAD NO CHILD to molest.
    (My divorce lawyer, who was a schoolfriend of mine before he was my attorney, said that I would have "great difficulty" proving that my EX does NOT believe that we had a child, as "she is obviously nuts". Then Wayne said, "Let's
    'hold our breath' & HOPE that she's decided that she has punished you enough for revealing her 'open & notorious adultery' in the divorce filings."

Note: To be able to ever marry again, even in the distant future, in our church/denomination, I had to be "the offended party", as "un-repented & unforgiven adultery" is the SOLE reason for divorce/remarriage in our church.

yours, satx

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    It’s not just this dooshnozzle illegal...they’ve made dozens of arrests for arson.

Someone on another forum I’m on caught a BLM agitator trying to start a fire in the canyon behind their house.

But arsonists go against the “Orange man bad, his global warming caused fires” narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Axxe55,

BEFORE "opening mouth & inserting foot", it's GOOD to know some facts about "suits at civil law".

May I gently suggest that you WOULD LOSE in a libel/slander case against the defendant, (i.e., the newspaper), the reporter & anyone else that you chose to sue.
    Further you MIGHT WELL after the case was "dismissed with prejudice", find yourself countersued for actual & PUNATIVE DAMAGES & LOSEagain in that 2nd case, because you (as a HS coach) are "a public figure" & in most judicial districts/States/federal court the press is SHIELDED against civil suits by "public figures", UNLESS and/or UNTIL the plaintiff CAN PROVE beyond reasonable doubt that the defendant(s) either DO NOT BELIEVE their own published accusations and/or that the press is PROVEN to have acted with "PROVABLE MALICE" against the person(s) that they accused of wrongdoing..
    (TELL ME in this case, HOW would you PROVE that the owner/editor/publisher & the reporter DOES NOT BELIEVE what they accused the coach of doing. - ABSENT THAT PROOF, you as "the wrongly accused" LOSE your case 100% of the time.)

Note: I know all too much about this as my CRAZY/mean-SPIRITED EX-wife "seriously considered" accusing me of "molesting our child", even though we HAD NO CHILD to molest.
    (My divorce lawyer, who was a schoolfriend of mine before he was my attorney, said that I would have "great difficulty" proving that my EX does NOT believe that we had a child, as "she is obviously nuts". Then Wayne said, "Let's
    'hold our breath' & HOPE that she's decided that she has punished you enough for revealing her 'open & notorious adultery' in the divorce filings." Note: To be able to ever marry again, even in the distant future, in our church/denomination, I had to be "the offended party", as "un-repented & unforgiven adultery" is the SOLE reason for divorce/remarriage in our church.

yours, satx

SATX, the remark opening your post was really uncalled for in anyway during this discussion. I'd appreciate you not repeating it!

And you might want to look at a few recent cases where a plaintiff has won a slander case in court. One just recently was against CNN, and they lost millions in the judgment against them.

I'm also pretty sure your own excursions through the legal system, probably influence your perspectives of that system, while mine being different might be influenced in completely different manner than yours.

I'm also not going to discuss them on open forum so we will just have to leave it at that.

And frankly, while you may think or feel that bringing a slander lawsuit is useless or going to go nowhere, and that is your opinion and right to have, but You are not Me, and I make my own decisions about what I do when people disrespect me and how I deal with it. That is my business.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    It’s not just this dooshnozzle illegal...they’ve made dozens of arrests for arson.

Someone on another forum I’m on caught a BLM agitator trying to start a fire in the canyon behind their house.

But arsonists go against the “Orange man bad, his global warming caused fires” narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar,

Has even ONE of the arsonists OF THE LEFT COAST rioting actually been arrested, indicted, tried & been convicted of ARSON or of ANY OTHER FELONY related to the "mostly peaceful protests"??
    (So far as I know as I write these words, the answer is: NO.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    SATX, the remark opening your post was really uncalled for in anyway during this discussion. I'd appreciate you not repeating it!

And you might want to look at a few recent cases where a plaintiff has won a slander case in court. One just recently was against CNN, and they lost millions in the judgment against them.

I'm also pretty sure your own excursions through the legal system, probably influence your perspectives of that system, while mine being different might be influenced in completely different manner than yours.

I'm also not going to discuss them on open forum so we will just have to leave it at that.

And frankly, while you may think or feel that bringing a slander lawsuit is useless or going to go nowhere, and that is your opinion and right to have, but You are not Me, and I make my own decisions about what I do when people disrespect me and how I deal with it. That is my business.

axxe55,

In the CNN case, the teenaged boy, who successfully sued CNN, was a "a minor child", who is supposed to NOT be "publicly named" & was NOT & IS NOT "a public figure", so your comment is irrelevant.

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    axxe55,

In the CNN case, the teenaged boy, who successfully sued CNN, was a "a minor child", who is supposed to NOT be "publicly named" & was NOT & IS NOT "a public figure", so your comment is irrelevant.

yours, satx

SATX, his parents retain attorneys on his behalf and his name was never not publicized from what I remember.

Maybe I should regard any further comments from you as being irrelevant.

Top Bottom