Venture Surplus ad

Illegal imigrants being held in camps in South Texas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Id like to hear from those in South and Southwest Texas.

What do you know of this? I keep hearing of a massive wave of illegal immigrants especially kids. "Dreamers"

Any first hand experience or knowledge of this situation?
    ARJ Defense ad

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    SAF Base Obama Intends as Children's Facility Reportedly Ridden with Lice, Scabies, Disease

by Kristin Tate 2 Jun 2014, 12:55 PM PDT
    breitbart

Sent

Amid a sharp spike in illegal immigration through the U.S.-Mexico border that has left federal processing facilities overwhelmed, more than 1,000 children who crossed unaccompanied into the U.S. illegally were sent to live at the Lackland Airforce Base in San Antonio, Texas on May 18. The children have only been at the base for a few weeks, but the facility is reportedly ridden with various illnesses. Today, on an open press call, the Obama administration announced its intention to increase the usage of the facility to handle what it deemed as a "humanitarian crisis."

Children brought to Lackland are provided with education, foster care programs, and "behavioral treatment centers."

While the base's utilization is well-intended, a woman with "inside access" to the camp recently said its inhabitants are dealing with breakouts of numerous diseases. The unnamed source told local media outlet KENS 5, "We have had a break out of medical conditions such as lice, bed bugs, scabies, different types of illnesses that are occurring: strep, sore throats, coughs."

The woman said there are nurses at the camp, but did not specify how many. It is also unclear what measures, if any, are in place to prevent U.S. agents at the camp from contracting diseases.

The female source added that the children are all well-fed, but that close living quarters put them at risk for contracting diseases.

She expressed a need for more staff at the camp to care for the children, who are currently under the authority of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. "We need to have additional parties overseeing the care of these children. We need Child Protective Services involved, we need the clergy, we need certified teachers to be educating these children," she said.

The cost of the programs for illegal immigrants currently at Lackland, as well as the cost of the housing, has not been disclosed to U.S. taxpayers. The bill for additional care at the camp would almost definitely be footed by taxpayers.

The news of sickness at the massive Lackland base comes in the face of a scabies outbreak among illegal immigrants.

Breitbart Texas recently reported that several U.S. Border Patrol agents in the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) sector have contracted scabies from contact with detained illegal immigrants. According to Action 4 News, about 10-15 percent of apprehended illegal immigrants have scabies in the RVG area.

"We don't screen for diseases," RGV Border Patrol spokesman Omar Zamora told Breitbart Texas. "All we are is a processing center, so we don't do that."

Overcrowding in processing facilities has made it difficult to identify and quarantine infected detainees. Many are concerned that illegal immigrants, who continue to come into the U.S. at record rates, may pass on illnesses to the general public.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...n-with-Illness

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Sounds like BS. But I'd withhold final judgment until seeing real evidence.

No BS friend, my source is solid, when the word Amnesty is shouted out to the world by those in power it brings large numbers to our borders.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Sounds like BS. But I'd withhold final judgment until seeing real evidence.

Certainly not BS. The local news has covered it and were told "no comment" by Lackland officials!!!

Barry is using all means necessary to destabilize this country, in order to bring about what the Progressives truly want, a country more along the lines of many in Western Europe. To do that they not only need the votes, which these children and adults represent, but they need everyone of us in debt to the government which they will accomplish by destroying our currency and making it almost impossible to afford to live without .gov assistance.

I'm about as far from a conspiracy buff as you can be, but it's getting so hard to not believe that the worst things are to come if something isn't done NOW! No one in the government who can do anything about it will make a move. Of course we have a few that do, but we need more.

I haven't heard anyone mention this either, so I'll include it here as well.

Scores of undocumented migrants dropped off in Arizona

Scores of undocumented immigrants from Central America have been released at Greyhound Lines Inc. bus stations in Tucson and Phoenix over the past several days after they were flown to Arizona from south Texas, officials acknowledged.
    Andy Adame, a spokesman for the Border Patrol in Tucson, confirmed that over the weekend federal officials flew about 400 migrants apprehended in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas to Tucson to be processed. He said the migrants were flown to Arizona because the Border Patrol does not have enough manpower to handle a surge in illegal immigrants in south Texas.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I read that too. They are trucking them to Phoenix and holding some and dropping some there. Letting them call their families.

Honestly folks I feel like we are in the midst of lawlessness and no one in power hardly is screaming. Constitution doesnt matter. 1st Amendment is under attack (Christian baker in Colorado lost lawsuit just today for refusing to bake gays a cake), borders dont matter, traitors are heroes and the truths we have known for so long are now lies. Folks that arent political or that are just happy so long as they have their guns better wake the hell up.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Well, ya got us. We are keeping all these illegals hidden right next to the UFOs and space aliens we've been hiding all these years!

For one, during this past week along there was approximately 15,000 IAs and OTMs caught along border. 15,000 in a week! At that rate there are 780,000 illegals caught every year. Out of that, 1000, or 00.12%, are being allegedly "detained" at Lackland? Hmmmmmm.....

And all this information from one anonymous source. Hmmmmmm.....

Something tells me that (big surprise) the medias either: a) got the facts wrong, b) is blowing this way out of proportion or c) all of the above.

But if someone can share with me exactly where this interment camp is located, I would be more than glad to investigate. I have access all across the installation.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Well, ya got us. We are keeping all these illegals hidden right next to the UFOs and space aliens we've been hiding all these years!

For one, during this past week along there was approximately 15,000 IAs and OTMs caught along border. 15,000 in a week! At that rate there are 780,000 illegals caught every year. Out of that, 1000, or 00.12%, are being allegedly "detained" at Lackland? Hmmmmmm.....

Something tells me that (big surprise) the medias either: a) got the facts wrong, b) is blowing this way out of proportion or c) all of the above.

But if someone can share with me exactly where this interment camp is located, I would be more than glad to investigate. I have access all across the installation.

It's right next to the FEMA camp by the flouride factory underneath the contrails shaped like a mason symbol.

Your biggest clue this story is a load of crap is the idea of us bothering to actually detain illegals in any real numbers, sadly.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Yeah all damn lies, no truth here.

by Rogelio Mares / KENS 5
    Bio | Email | Follow: @RogeliOnKens5 kens5.com
    Posted on June 2, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    Updated today at 6:40 PM

[h=5]Related:[/h]

A White House aide called it a "humanitarian crisis" on Monday, and said President Obama had called for better care for more than 1,000 children who illegally crossed into the United States.
    These children are now at Lackland Air Force Base under the care of the federal Health and Human Services Department.
    FEMA, the federal agency that responds to natural disasters, told reporters it plans to head up the government’s response to this humanitarian situation.
    FEMA will work with the Department of Health and Human Services, Homeland Security and the Department of Defense to organize housing and medical treatment of the undocumented children.
    In May, KENS 5 brought you the story of a former employee who worked with these children.
    The employee told KENS 5 about the cramped conditions where the children lived and the lice, bed bugs, and strep throat breaking out in the living quarters.
    Government officials said the children will be kept at Lackland AFB, but did not say how long they would be kept in federal custody.
    The children have been in government care since the middle of May. They were part of a large influx of underage immigrants to cross the borders in South Texas, most of them from Central American countries.
    "In light of the urgency of the situation and the need to make sure we have an effective government-wide response, President Obama, today, is directing Secretary Johnson, of the Department of Homeland Security to establish an interagency, unified coordination group to make sure that we're unified across the Federal government in responding to this humanitarian situation," White House Aide, Cecilia Munoz said.
    Without confirming that the children were brought to the states by smugglers, White House staffers on Monday’s conference call did say that ICE agents are investigating that possibility.

[h=5][/h]

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

So you are saying that Lackland is not holding any orphaned children that have crossed here illegally?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It's right next to the FEMA camp by the flouride factory underneath the contrails shaped like a mason symbol.

Your biggest clue this story is a load of crap is the idea of us bothering to actually detain illegals in any real numbers, sadly.

The report was specifically about children coming over the border who did not have a parent or guardian, not adult illegals.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    A growing number of children and teens are being caught illegally entering the U.S. without their parents

By Gadi Schwartz and Kelly Goff
    | Tuesday, Jun 3, 2014 | Updated 5:46 PM PDT

Ventura County Naval Base will soon be home to 580 children and teens who were unaccompanied by parents when they were caught illegally crossing the border.

There has been a massive increase in the number of children and adolescents making the dangerous desert trek alone, without family, officials say, sparking what President Obama deemed an "urgent humanitarian crisis," during a speech Monday.

In 2013 the federal government housed about 25,000 minors who were going through deportation proceedings along.

This year, that number is expected to swell to 60,000.

And while the military base may seem a rough place for children, some immigration rights activists are praising the approach, which keeps the kids out of federal detention centers.

“That means that it’s a safe place for them to be and to not be with criminals,” said Alicia Flores, executive director of Oxnard’s La Hermandad Mexicana, a California-based immigration rights nonprofit.

Some officials say the number of children flooding across the border without parents may be driven by an increase in gang violence and organized crime in Central and South America.

The Department of Health and Human Services said it will try to place the children with foster or reunite them with family members in the U.S. during deportation proceedings, which typically take about 45 days.

Obama has asked Congress for an extra $1.4 billion in extra money to cope with the number of children who need to be cared for, and said the children will be temporarily housed at several military bases, including Ventura.

Vance Vasquez, a spokesman for Naval Base Ventura County, said that a 42,000-square-foot building at Port Hueneme will provide temporary shelter.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...261739121.html

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    We're harboring illegal children and providing them free education yet our national education for our own children is in a state of disarray. Pathetic.

-PAK-

Top Bottom