• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    I hope that rancher wins. Those illegal's were trespassing and they ought to be lucky they weren't shot. If that rancher has had problems in the past with illegal's destroying his property, killing livestock, etc. at least in Idaho its justified to shoot them. Don't know about Arizona's laws, but I would think that killing of livestock and destroying property is enough to get yourself shot and/or killed.

That lawsuit should never have even been let go to court, the judge should have looked at it, sent the illegals back to their country, and warned if they try it again they will be shot.

Why do we have so many illegals coming to the US anyhow, most of the jobs that used to be in the US are now in Mexico. Hmm, apparently they haven't got the memo yet.

Your right there are many jobs in Mexico.

The reason they come to the us is because they make much more money over here and send it back home.

An illegal making minimum at McDonalds makes more than if he was working construction in Mexico. (Let alone making more in the fields or construction in the US)

Average Salary in Mexico for a construction worker is $600 PESOS per week.

Which equates to about roughly $46.00 Dollars PER WEEK.

Life truly sucks in Mexico if your poor.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Well, that's sad and everything but that doesn't negate the fact that they are invaders in our country. What part of illegal don't some people get? There are people in the same situation everywhere in the world but Mexico just happens to border the US. That doesn't matter. I feel just as sorry for the people in countries that don't border us but wish they would stay in their own countries and try to improve conditions there. We have enough problems here with our new communist leaders that it seems we just refuse to do anything about.

I still say that if most like minded people sent this guy $10, he would be in business then. He could hire a good lawyer and pay the legal fees. I wish I could help him by phisically standing a couple of watches for him with some buddies.

No lawsuits when you have a good backhoe that's full of gas.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Not sure if I heard it right, but the trespassers were awarded $70,000 but plan to appeal for more $$. The rest of the legal mumbo jumbo was dismissed.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Not sure if I heard it right, but the trespassers were awarded $70,000 but plan to appeal for more $$. The rest of the legal mumbo jumbo was dismissed.

I really hope that wrong.....

Mexico has jobs but could have a lot more.

From personal experience, several years ago the parent company to the company I worked for had a large electronic based service/repair center in Mexico. We were opening low cost call centers and it made sense to put one in down there, in a facility we already owned. Low cost, great flexibility for students in Mexico with decent pay. A win win. We were on track and making great progress until the lawyers got all the way into what Mexican Labor Laws we had to comply with. It gave us none of the flexibility that we had, even in US centers, yet cost us more in paid time (for a short version of the story). We dropped it like a bag of fresh doggie doo.

Why they would not work with us or why they have the laws they do is beyond me, unless they really don't want the jobs there. And the target employee was a college student. Obviously not what most come over the border for but a job none-the-less.

Now North Texas as an example, has an estimated 60k new jobs headed our way by way of the new "Stimulus" package and there's no wonder there wasn't much Texas support. The jobs targeted for here don't match the labor pool we have.

What are the jobs you ask? Construction. Hoe many more will flood the border taking these jobs? A contractor in an interview, a FOreman that could barel speak English himself, said he has 10-20 people a day coming up lookingo for work and they just don't have the jobs right now.

So all you unemployed high tech, finance and other job fields that fill the labor pool, keep looking or learn to speack Mexican and use that savings to buy a hard hat so you can compete for that $10-$12 an hour job you'll likely lose to an illegal.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm so Sick of liberal BS.

70K to someone who illegally was on YOUR property, who should have been shot.

When are people going to wake up? When are we going to get our country back?

glockrocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Not even in my wildest fantasies would I think it would be alright to wake up one day and trespass on another man's land with my family, acting like I'm 12 its halloween night, and everything I come across is up for grabs; slaughtering cows, leaving litter, feeling entitled to something I had no part of working for and think its OK to plunder and pillage. These bastards are sick in the head, and really need to put down. like sick f**kin dogs, and thats not a racist comment, thats a 'common sense' comment.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I like to read this every few days to get my blood pressure up. It's better than coffee. I only hope that there is more to it and there are details to which I am not privy, that would support a trespasser winning monetary compensation while committing an illegal act.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I like to read this every few days to get my blood pressure up. It's better than coffee. I only hope that there is more to it and there are details to which I am not privy, that would support a trespasser winning monetary compensation while committing an illegal act.

Unfortunately, from what I am hearing from some of my old friends back in AZ, there is nothing more to it. This made big news there and got lots of coverage. So far, it seems to be a prime example of how Americans are becoming more worthless to their own government. What really makes me sick is the thought of something similar happening in Austin, a self-proclaimed sanctuary city.

Of course, none of this should be all that shocking. This is the nation that awarded the dumb woman lots of money because she spilled hot coffee on herself.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    "In any case, the Arizona constitution prohibits the award of punitive damages to illegal aliens."

Finally a bit of common sense amongst all this other B.S.

Rangerteq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Duncanville
    I have always said that America is not for Americans, lets face it, you have more rights as a foreigner than we do, just the fact that these people were able to file a lawsuit in our country tells it all. I am a Disabled Veteran and have seen it first hand that our Country would rather help Illegal immagrants before helping a Vet.

This case should not have went to trial, lets someone from our side try to sue someone in Mexico for the same reasons and see how far that would get you, what a waste of tax payer dollars, wow, only in America....

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I still say that if everyone that is concerned for this fellow sends just $5 or $10, he would be able to get the best lawyer. Not just the concerned people from this forum but everyone who's heard of this case and is concerned for him.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Damages & assault!?! What about damages & assault to his cows and property? They were on his stinkin' property!!! Next time just shoot them and get the backhoe and bury them deep!

You tell me. Why didn't the rancher counter-sue for damages? Can he show where these particular people damaged his property? Probably not. They could show where he caused damage to them and committed assault.

Shooting and burying them would be illegal.

Top Bottom