Hurley's Gold

Illinois racing to catch up with NJ, NY, OR to "...eviscerate their citizens' Second Amendment Rights"

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I swear if this ever happens in Texas and we don't assemble a ten thousand man militia to arrest and prosecute the tyrants, there will be no bastion for freedom left on earth. The second amendment means nothing without good men amassing and preparing for the day when duty calls.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

The "A well regulated militia" is the part where us American men are fuckn up. We want our right to keep and bear so we can have a badass gun collection and defend our family and home, but nobody gives a damn about the part that calls us to duty. It's like the ten commandments; Everybody wants to pick and choose which ones they follow, but "remember the Sabbath to keep it holy", nope. We can't pick and choose which part of our rights we cherish and exercise. We have to cherish every last bit and exercise all of it, or we'll lose em, slowly, as we are.

The US has a standing army who will undoubtedly do the government"s bidding, but we no longer have even an echo of the preparedness and proactiveness our founders and earlier countrymen had. Personally, I think the country as a whole is a wooden ship that's burning, while taking on water. So I don't believe it will get better and I sure as hell don't believe the men of our nation will stick together and repair the cracks. So we must start at the state level and be ready to hold the line for freedom, setting an example for other states. How? No clue, and that's probably the biggest problem. We've forgotten how to organize and plan. I don't know how or when we can find our footing again, but I know if we don't, it's only a matter of time before the cloak of tyranny is fully draped over the continental US.

God help us.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I think you are wrong. Most guys in the Chicago area look forward to their annual prostate exam and hold their wife’s purse at the annual swingers ball.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I wish I could predict a replacement of politicians in IL but we know that won't happen.
    download.jpeg

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    This is probably a Good Thing. Why -- this is a guaranteed win at the federal level. After we win, the morons in IL will have to pay reasonable lawyers fees to the pro-2A org that handled the suit. Thus, the morons in IL will be funding the training of pro-2A lawyers who will defend our 2A rights in future cases that will be much more difficult than this gimme.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I lived in Illinois for 38 years. My wife and I had had enough and left. We had the means to do so and took the opportunity. There are still a lot of good people there. Chicago runs the entire state. There is no getting around it. Constitutionally minded County Sheriffs are mobilizing and saying they will not enforce the new law. Hopefully, this will buy time until the law is scrutinized in court. It would not be the first time that IL lawmakers are spanked and forced to recognize constitutional freedoms.

Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Elsewhere on this forum there has been discussions about blue states passing new anti-2A laws after the SCOTUS Buren decision. Now IL is doing its best to double down on that theme. In the Land of Lincoln they have the votes to pass this bill.

In this video Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, discusses the ongoing game of "oneupsmanship" occurring between several very blue states who are feverishly competing with each other to see which one can eviscerate their citizens' Second Amendment Rights the quickest.

As proposed IL HB 5855 would just about ban any and all semi-automatic pistols, rifles and shotguns along with 10 rd magazine ban. This would help IL catch up with OR who's new Measure 114 goes into effect today. OR's law can have the effect to stop all gun sales without a state permit. And there is no means now to get this permit as there is no training setup yet which is required before getting permit.
    Now that IL has this new law it will be interesting to see the level of civil disobedience to the registration requirement. "The law will allow gun owners to keep the guns they have now, but will require them to register them with the state by January 2024.

NY state experienced a high level of non-compliance when they passed in January 2013..."their Safe Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act which required mandatory registration of assault weapons...." Based on an estimate from the National Shooting Sports Federation, about 1 million firearms in New York State meet the law’s assault-weapon criteria, but just 44,000 have been registered. That’s a compliance rate of about 4 percent."

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Now that IL has this new law it will be interesting to see the level of civil disobedience to the registration requirement. "The law will allow gun owners to keep the guns they have now, but will require them to register them with the state by January 2024.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    So between the gun owners not registering their guns and sheriffs not accepting/enforcing registration sorta makes that part of the law null and void.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    So between the gun owners not registering their guns and sheriffs not accepting/enforcing registration sorta makes that part of the law null and void.
    More moot - than null and void.

One of the sheriffs in Pinned's link said he'd not enforce if it was the 'only' violation, etc. As long as it's on the books though (hopefully not too long) it's still a law...and could be an add on charge, when needed.

And that ^^ would just be in those counties. I bet Chicago is run differently.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    This new law has the effect of stopping most gun sales in IL according to this Bearing Arms blog.

"The business landscape for gun sellers across Illinois changed with the stroke of a pen Tuesday night as Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker, in one of the first acts of his second term, signed into law a sweeping ban on the sale of a wide range of semi-automatic firearms."

Attachments

• f6c6ab9d-4ed5-410a-b45b-b4e00ce930b7-860x475.jpg
      f6c6ab9d-4ed5-410a-b45b-b4e00ce930b7-860x475.jpg
      62.4 KB · Views: 42

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Here is a follow-up story from Washington Gun Law how bad IL state officials really don't like lawful and responsible gun owners.

"Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, takes a break from all the pistol brace fiasco to get everyone up to speed on what has happened to our brothers and sisters in the Land of Lincoln as a judge in Effingham County has issued an injunction, for all the named plaintiffs (not all of you) that enjoins the State of Illinois from enforcing these unconstitutional restrictions."

As Counselor Kirk explains in the video the dems really jammed through this new law in a few days from start to finish. He also quotes the state attorney who defended the action in court. Shame on them.

And this law is being fought in the courts already. "The two lawsuits may feature different plaintiffs, but the arguments they raise in opposition to the state’s new ban on modern sporting rifles and “large capacity” magazines are very similar. Both allege that the sweeping bans approved earlier this month target arms that are commonly owned by law-abiding citizens, and are therefore protected by the Second Amendment."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom