• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphonse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Spring, Texas
    I've been a long time resident of Spring, and was referred to this forum by one of my co-workers. I've been shooting something or other for about 35 years, am into reloading, and was looking for a nice indoor range when my co-worker gave me this web site. I've since tried one indoor range and will be trying another soon. There are just over 386 employees at our location (several other locations in the Houston area) and I'm considering giving (as Christmas presents this year) a gift certificate for a CHL class to those who are eligible at our facility. I am a strong supporter of our Constitution, and promote/support concelaed carry. In my working capacity, I frequently meet with local and state politicians, give speeches about "customer service and customer satisfaction" incidences/cases. From my short but in depth analysis of this forum, I will definitely mention this url in my future speeches. I like the openness and frank discussions here. Thank you TGT.
    Military Camp

wegriffin8642

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Houston
    As a follow-up...I had the opportunity to meet Allen (Alphonse on this website) at the Starbuck's in the Willowbrook area and we went to a nearby indoor shooting range together....I will not name the range. Allen was quite impressed with the range and asked about purchasing "certificates" for CHL classes. I don't know anyone's name there as I've only been there a few times myself, but Allen was met with a cold shoulder and was accused of "stealing brass" from the range. He told the young Asian gentleman that he must be mistaking him for someone else, but the young man was adament and rather brusk. Allen and I stood around for about 10 minutes waiting for someone else to show up so that he could get his questions answered and the young man coldly told him that no one else was coming in for some time and appeared to not be interested in the proposed proposition. Fellow Shooters, I know three individuals who work for Allen's firm---last Christmas, he and his partner gave away (as bonus gifts) 175 Glock 30's to their employees---bought them directly from Glock as he could not find anyone (Carter's, Academy, Gander Mountain) in the Houston area who was interested in handling the transaction...too much governmental intervention. Allen's firm does a lot of business with KBR and our Uncle Sam, so he and Dennis (his partner) contacted Glock directly for the purchases. Now think about it---they spent all that money on Glocks last Christmas, and now wanted to spend roughly $45,000 on CHL certificates for their 300 sum odd employees; and now he has to search elsewhere for an indoor range because of one individual's demeanor. Again, I'll not mention the range, but I was humiliated by the "service" Allen received. I told him that I'd go with him to the Memorial Range next month when he returns from Kabul....his firm is delivering much needed necessities to our troops in that area....he'll also do some "comparison shopping" at Hot Wells....said that he shot skeet there in his younger days.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Welcome aboard! Sounds like you've got some great employee relations!

Top Bottom