ARJ Defense ad

I'm considering posting a review on YouTube. Tips?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Short and to the point. And don't be like so many who have a lot of vids, but have some near-eternal intro with some stupid music playing. I've seen some ten minute reviews where half of it is intro and outro. And another +1 on writing a script and staying on message. WAY too many YouTubes of people just rambling.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I think great advice has been given here. I would like to point out that it's possible, if you're good enough, to make a video that's rather long but still holds the attention of the viewer. I'm not accustomed to that. Most YT how-to or product review vids that go longer than 3 minutes are badly done and boring. However, there are exceptions. Another member here bought a mini-computer so I went looking for a YT review of it and ran across this: Minix Neo X7 Full Review - YouTube

The intro is 9 seconds long. The outro is 21 seconds long. In between is ~8 minutes of solidly-scripted, universally-informative video. 8 minutes is a LONG time to ask people to watch something but the video does everything right. When it's done the viewer is left feeling like the elapsed time should have been measured in seconds, not minutes. For people who understand computer jargon (everyone else will hate the video), this is a solid example of a high-quality review video.

I think "Keep it short" is great advice but if you know what you're doing you can choose to ignore normal best practices and still be very successful.

Top Bottom