• ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Who did it?

Don't click and read the following link if you don't want to know who I think did it. There was a clear opportunity to pursue it and there was definitely motive. A minor difference between the TV series and the book, but in the end it does not matter. Page from A Song of Ice and Fire Wiki

BTW if you want to know what is ahead, that website can give you some insight.

FYI, not a spoiler as if you watched the show you can probably figure out he got poisoned, the method: Tears of Lys
    Texas SOT

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Since the thread title is already a spoiler I guess this is OK to discuss.

Who did it?

My gut says Cersei. Murdering her son enables her to remain Queen. Remember how she made such a strong point, when she was talking to Grand Maester Pycelle, of referring to herself as the Queen? Seems significant to me.

No, I haven't read the books and I don't want to until I see where the TV series goes. If the author dies before the book series is complete, at least the TV writers will be able to tack on an ending. I fear the books, until they're all on the market, are an invitation to be left hanging.

Is not Joffreys wife Queen?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Is not Joffreys wife Queen?
    Speaking from total ignorance of the underlying text, no. The marriage had not been consummated; in Westeros, they place a great deal of weight on that. In fact, the consummation of a marriage is normally a public spectacle.

Cersei keeps her place in the throne room.

That's my guess. It's only a guess.

Mercy, it's fun talking about things I know almost nothing about. It's so refreshing! No wonder so many posters revel in doing it! ;)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...the method: Tears of Lys
    If that was established during the episode, I think I could have connected the dots. Poison, yes, obviously, but the precise method was not something I was able to discern. Given Cersei's love of another poison, my mind went there. (Come to think of it, though, that poison is not painful at all.)

I thought Dontos Hollard was simply being protective of the only person who had ever shown him kindness.

How can we tell, from this episode, that it was Tears of Lys? I suppose I could go back and re-watch it but I'm feeling lazy today.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    BTW if you want to know what is ahead, that website can give you some insight.
    I'm going to try to avoid that. There are some central characters who should survive to the end. It's obvious that not all of them will. However, if I were to read ahead and find out that every current character who is good or doing good winds up dead before the end, I think I would abandon the series. I don't want to do that; I'm enjoying it too much.

BTW - Have you read the books? There is one spoiler I'd like to have; it would encourage me to stick with the series, no matter what.

Specifically - Does Arya Stark ever ride a dragon?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I'm going to try to avoid that. There are some central characters who should survive to the end. It's obvious that not all of them will. However, if I were to read ahead and find out that every current character who is good or doing good winds up dead before the end, I think I would abandon the series. I don't want to do that; I'm enjoying it too much.

BTW - Have you read the books? There is one spoiler I'd like to have; it would encourage me to stick with the series, no matter what.

Specifically - Does Arya Stark ever ride a dragon?

I have tried to read the books a couple of times, and put them down due to getting through other things. I read up on it, not to get too far ahead, just enough to answer question and find things that seem to be key to setting up events. Did watch the entire last season in about three evenings last month to get ready for the new one. The blasted time it takes to get this series on the air, and then only a dozen or so episodes a season drives me nuts, LOL.

Not going to answer your question about Arya Stark, her bio is on that webpage if you want to check her out, interesting read. That actor that portrays her is doing a good job in my book.

I also like how you change your view of some characters as time goes on in the series. Reminds me of the movie Platoon where you dislike one and like the other in the beginning, then turn completely around at the end.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The blasted time it takes to get this series on the air, and then only a dozen or so episodes a season drives me nuts, LOL.
    x1000

Not going to answer your question about Arya Stark, her bio is on that webpage if you want to check her out, interesting read. That actor that portrays her is doing a good job in my book.
    I'm going to resist temptation. For now. :)

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    But, but, they look like such a happy family :)

dar-me-37.jpg

Don't know if that was before or after this................

joffrey.jpg

Last edited:

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Speaking from total ignorance of the underlying text, no. The marriage had not been consummated; in Westeros, they place a great deal of weight on that. In fact, the consummation of a marriage is normally a public spectacle.

Cersei keeps her place in the throne room.

That's my guess. It's only a guess.

Mercy, it's fun talking about things I know almost nothing about. It's so refreshing! No wonder so many posters revel in doing it! ;)

I would think her younger son becomes king and she retains her power.

Top Bottom