• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    It's just not safe to go to a wedding in Westeros. Joffrey is the only character I was happy to see get it and he's the only major character who has zero redeeming qualities. I feel sorry for the actor that plays him because I'm sure he gets a lot of shit and hate mail.
    Gun Zone Deals

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I feel sorry for the actor that plays him because I'm sure he gets a lot of shit and hate mail.

He is actually supposed to be a great guy. He has stated that his is giving up acting (retiring at age 20, with a reported net worth of about $8 million) and going to pursue a career in academia.

Good show last night, this season is supposed to have about 3 big shows like that one. Reading ahead leads one to believe that a lot more shocking stuff is about to break loose :)

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    He is actually supposed to be a great guy. He has stated that his is giving up acting (retiring at age 20, with a reported net worth of about $8 million) and going to pursue a career in academia.

Good show last night, this season is supposed to have about 3 big shows like that one. Reading ahead leads one to believe that a lot more shocking stuff is about to break loose :)

I haven't read the books because I don't want to know what's going to happen next. I hope Mr. Gleeson does well with whatever he chooses to do next. He certainly did well with his portrayal of Joffrey and I think he'll always be type cast as a bad guy.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I was thinking he needed to be killed the whole time during the episode, then it happened. He was such an evil person and needed to be gone. Unfortunately the wrong person got the blame.

Fortunately the person responsible for the death does not get the blame..............................................

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I was thinking he needed to be killed the whole time during the episode, then it happened. He was such an evil person and needed to be gone. Unfortunately the wrong person got the blame.

Every time he started talking I wanted to slap the shit out of him. I was going to Google when he was going to die after the episode was over but it turned out to be unnecessary. :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I haven't read the books because I don't want to know what's going to happen next.
    Says the guy who titled this thread with a major spoiler.:mad:

I was about to watch it and thought I'd check TGT one last time tonight.

Big. Mistake.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

I always wondered if the screening call read something like "Looking for the scrawniest, wimpiest, weasliest, highest-pitched voice, most-prepubescent-nuts-haven't-dropped-yet 20-something we can find." Are you supposed to be proud of being chosen for those qualities? LOL

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Since the thread title is already a spoiler I guess this is OK to discuss.

Who did it?

My gut says Cersei. Murdering her son enables her to remain Queen. Remember how she made such a strong point, when she was talking to Grand Maester Pycelle, of referring to herself as the Queen? Seems significant to me.

No, I haven't read the books and I don't want to until I see where the TV series goes. If the author dies before the book series is complete, at least the TV writers will be able to tack on an ending. I fear the books, until they're all on the market, are an invitation to be left hanging.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't know, it wasn't quick and looked pretty painful.
    Yeah, but he deserved more. He deserved what Theon Greyjoy got.

Then again, nothing about Game of Thrones has anything to do with balanced karma. Characters, pretty consistently, don't get what they deserve. I try not to think about that too much; those thoughts could sour me on the whole series.

OTOH, as long as Daenerys Targaryen is on the march, there's still hope that the scales of justice, in the very broadest sense, may yet be balanced.

But I doubt it. :p

Top Bottom