• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I got moved to the weekday shift at work and two of the guys there are big into the cowboy action shooting events. They've decided that I need to go out there and see what real guns are like, LOL.

They've been dragging out all kinds of guns for me to try out, some Vaqueros in .45 LC, and a Colt in .22 Win Mag. So far I've not shot the greatest with the Vaqueros, but the Colt I put 6 rounds in a 1" diamond at 7 yards with it.

Hopefully I don't end up blowing my leg off out there playing Cowboys & Indians.

Anyone else in the Austin area wanna go with me? It ought to be comical at least.
    Texas SOT

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    So when is the big event?? I'm usually available to watch someone else in pain...Want to shoot a real "cowboy rifle"? You can show off with that 1886 Winchester of mine.... Guaranteed no one else will have one like it! MG

lorendhenry

Nov 27, 2008
    spring
    not sure but i thought that a requirement of single action shooting was 32 or grater cal for pistol unless you are 12 then .22 is ok

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    not sure but i thought that a requirement of single action shooting was 32 or grater cal for pistol unless you are 12 then .22 is ok

The .22 is practice, and frankly caliber limits at a SASS event is laughable, they don't enforce any power factor, so a .45 LC has as much recoil as a .45 ACP squib load.

"Load it so it falls out the back of the cardboard".

lorendhenry

Nov 27, 2008
    spring
    I went last month to check out a group in magnolia texas. It looked fun but a little costly to get into. 2 single action pistols, a double barrel coach or exposed hammer pump shot gun and a lever handle rifle. Then western clothing and holsters.
    but as long as the wife buys in that is 8 new guns in my cabinet so sounds like fun to me.

I thought if it could penetrate cardboard you loaded to hot for sass.

Top Bottom