Hurley's Gold

I'm going to make some statements and y'all can burn me down afterwards.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    TOTUS you say

6a0105349f4348970b01156e7d4131970c-.gif
    Lynx Defense

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    It's probably too late to tell people you have to be involved with your family. If your kids view you as an ATM, you are failing your kids, yourself, and your country. For us, we keep all the computers and activities in the living room. We have one cable box and only watch one tv .. in the living room. My kids get very little privacy, I get very little privacy, and we are a pretty happy family.

One of my famous lines here at home ... All the freedom you want is outside that front door.

D, it's crazy how much we think alike!

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    You think people are upset now? Just wait, as the taxes start crushing them, the working Democrats & Liberals will start to scream. Their infatuation with "The One" will quickly fade away. The CAFE standards announced yesterday are going to cause real and fundamental change in what we have to drive and how much it costs. As teh amount of fuel burned goes down, the tax on what is burned will go up to offset the drop in volume... making it more expensive to not drive the crappy little deathtrap that you'll be able to buy.

It's only the ones that have particular concerns and beliefs (right wing extremists, you know) that are seething at the moment. But, as I said, there will be more joining this parade in short order, many from the bandwagon.

Jeff B.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    You think people are upset now? Just wait, as the taxes start crushing them, the working Democrats & Liberals will start to scream. Their infatuation with "The One" will quickly fade away. The CAFE standards announced yesterday are going to cause real and fundamental change in what we have to drive and how much it costs. As teh amount of fuel burned goes down, the tax on what is burned will go up to offset the drop in volume... making it more expensive to not drive the crappy little deathtrap that you'll be able to buy.

It's only the ones that have particular concerns and beliefs (right wing extremists, you know) that are seething at the moment. But, as I said, there will be more joining this parade in short order, many from the bandwagon.

Jeff B.

I made this post to possibly help us find that mechanism that could unite us as one voice and how to help save out fellow countrymen of like mind.
    Jeff B. may have hit upon a valid and possibly accurate point !!!!!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sage you may have missed my point.

We must find that MECHANISM that binds us, gives us that one voice.

Even if we were to we leave the union, we can't escape the politicians.
    Politicians would still be running the great Republic of Texas. Mind you, they would be more like minded than what we have in DC, but none the lest,politicians.

We have to find a venue, springboard, whatever it may be to rally our cause and give it one voice. In that voice we can address the issues you have stated, greed, corruption, ect....

I don't dissagree, we have lost our voice and have lost the ability to make polaticans acoutable for their action or lack there of.

As stated I don't know what the mechanism is, that is one of the reasons behind this thread. To make folks ask themselves, what mechanism do we have or can be crafted to archive this one voice, united as like minded people!

Our fore fathers found that mechinism that reached into the hearts of their fellow countrymen and bound them together to form a new republic.

We are at that point in history again.

The Fed has become the king of England.

WE THE PEOPLE must rise up and find that mechinsm inwhich we can ralley behind and once again retake out beloved country!

I don't know what it's going to take to get their attention when 30,000 people take to the streets nationwide and are simply ignored, shrugged off or played off as kooks.

IMO, the real reason the Founders feared a strong central government and favored more local solutions is that they understood how much easier it is (from a purely practical standpoint) to tar and feather someone on your city council than a congresscritter.

I honestly think they need a literal kick in the nuts (or similar) to get their attention.

Top Bottom