Lynx Defense

I'm going to make some statements and y'all can burn me down afterwards.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    There is a real divide between us.
    Some are on the - lets bail from the union and take our chances and the other side is you don't need to, excurcise your rights and vote, be active, ect...

So it pretty apparent that we all are in agreement on what has precipitated this divide; we are all unhappy with the direction OUR nation has taken.

There are four forums I post on and several I read.
    This discussion is taking place all over the internet. Not just gun forums but others.
    It’s clear that our perception of the situation is based on where and how we live, how the current political, economical situation is affecting our daily lives, not on the facts of would secession be a real alternative for my state?????

Lets take Montana; how could Montana secede?
    They are land locked, have little agriculture, produce no substantial amounts of energy, no major industry to trade with, ect...
    Same thing with many states.
    Secession is not a real option, how would they survive long enough to become a free stand alone nation?

Texas although has many more advantages over most any other states and with in short organized order could become a stand alone entity; inland port, agriculture, natural resources (oil & gas) cattle and on and on.
    Still this is not a viable option considering………….

We The People have the ability to effect change but divided we have to many voices, not ONE single voice. We can't be heard over each other bickering.
    We need a rallying of our cause, under one banner, one voice, united.

On another forum the statement was made that we can make change like the others.
    I questioned who these other were????
    Were they the protected groups such and the NAACP, Gays, Hispanic, ect...
    The reply was YES!
    Well look how they did it.
    ONE voice, united, determined to change people’s perceptions and values towards those groups. These are minorities!!! - Yet they have more freedom and rights than you or I.
    Why??
    One voice, united.

The truth of the matter is until we put our petty differences away and stand together united as one voice, we have already lost.

I don’t know what mechanism we could use to become united, one voice, because we have yet to learn to put our pride and personal feeling aside and unite under one banner whether that be this political party or that party.
    WE THE PEOPLE CAN EFFECT CHANGE once we are willing to do as our fore fathers did and decide we can work, united, together, indifferent to OUR INDIVIDUAL needs and put the needs of our countrymen first.
    Do you see the merit - power in that last sentence???
    Our fore fathers would!

They were a small group that by the people united as one voice; they told the King of England to piss off!

They were united BY the people and for the people thus the preamble “WE THE PEOPLE:!!!!.

They put aside a lot of their own differences and ambitions to effect change for the people and by the people.

We can too; we just need to figure out that mechanism by which to do it and agree to stand together regardless of our personal differences, as one voice united as one people. To effect change for all people that share our common values, beliefs, moral and ethics as our fore fathers did.

This is not just a state issue but a national issue.
    Even if Texas were to successfully secede, do we not owe our fellow countrymen the chance to become free men once again?

“We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity…”

POWERFUL WORDS THERE!!!!

Our goal is not secession but to find that voice, that mechanism that binds our voice, to be heard and recognized and give meaning to the words of our founders – WE THE PEOPLE”

Y’all soak that up before you come hunting my head.
    Then read it once more!
    I think if you do, you will find merit in a lot of what I have said.
    And if you don’t find merit, then maybe you’re part of the problem and not part of the solution?

MadMo a fellow Texan and Countryman!
    Lynx Defense

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    We The People have the ability to effect change but divided we have to many voices, not ONE single voice. We can't be heard over each other bickering.
    We need a rallying of our cause, under one banner, one voice, united.

I don't agree with this statement. It seems to me that the people have lost their voice in government. Look at the reaction to the Tea Parties. And check this article out. In my opinion, it's very representative of the attitude our government officials - elected and not - have toward us and our money.

Schwarzenegger says he got voters' message 'loud and clear' - Los Angeles Times

Some select quotes that illustrate my point:

Schwarzenegger, who met with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius this morning before he flew back to Sacramento, said that Sebelius pledged to work with state officials to "make sure that we're going to get as much money as we deserve."

After the budget "fix" propositions are defeated in landslides, he goes to Uncle Sam looking to get the money the State "deserves". These over-spending tards believe that they deserve to have that money!

"We've made it very clear that we're not asking for a bailout. We're not asking for any money we don't deserve under the economic stimulus package."

Again, they "deserve" this money, even though it's not theirs.

From what I've observed, this is a common attitude among our elected and non elected officials. I can't find it right now, but a few months ago some congresscritter declared that they should tax retirement funds because they're missing out on money he said was "ours". Ours, as in his, not mine or yours.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I would tell anyone that is unhappy with the direction this country is headed to start watching cable news and read at least one article on a good political web site. Not much, just 5-10 minutes every day.

Before you know it, you'll be involved and up to speed.

It's probably too late to tell people you have to be involved with your family. If your kids view you as an ATM, you are failing your kids, yourself, and your country. For us, we keep all the computers and activities in the living room. We have one cable box and only watch one tv .. in the living room. My kids get very little privacy, I get very little privacy, and we are a pretty happy family.

One of my famous lines here at home ... All the freedom you want is outside that front door.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I don't agree with this statement. It seems to me that the people have lost their voice in government. Look at the reaction to the Tea Parties. And check this article out. In my opinion, it's very representative of the attitude our government officials - elected and not - have toward us and our money

Sage you may have missed my point.

We must find that MECHANISM that binds us, gives us that one voice.

Even if we were to we leave the union, we can't escape the politicians.
    Politicians would still be running the great Republic of Texas. Mind you, they would be more like minded than what we have in DC, but none the lest,politicians.

We have to find a venue, springboard, whatever it may be to rally our cause and give it one voice. In that voice we can address the issues you have stated, greed, corruption, ect....

I don't dissagree, we have lost our voice and have lost the ability to make polaticans acoutable for their action or lack there of.

As stated I don't know what the mechanism is, that is one of the reasons behind this thread. To make folks ask themselves, what mechanism do we have or can be crafted to archive this one voice, united as like minded people!

Our fore fathers found that mechinism that reached into the hearts of their fellow countrymen and bound them together to form a new republic.

We are at that point in history again.

The Fed has become the king of England.

WE THE PEOPLE must rise up and find that mechinsm inwhich we can ralley behind and once again retake out beloved country!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I would tell anyone that is unhappy with the direction this country is headed to start watching cable news and read at least one article on a good political web site. Not much, just 5-10 minutes every day.
    DC I'm not following your point there??? Help me out!

It's probably too late to tell people you have to be involved with your family. If your kids view you as an ATM, you are failing your kids, yourself, and your country. For us, we keep all the computers and activities in the living room. We have one cable box and only watch one tv .. in the living room. My kids get very little privacy, I get very little privacy, and we are a pretty happy family.

One of my famous lines here at home ... All the freedom you want is outside that front door.

As for your last statements they are wise!!
    My point to this tread is make us ask, what is that mechanism to bind us
    as on voice?

Our mentoring, nurturing of our children may be that springboard, venue, that allows us to retake our nation from those that see it as only a revenue pig to line their own pockets and further their own cause.
    They have lost the principle values that made this a great nation.
    I feel they have forgotten what the words WE THE PEOPLE really means.

Don't get me wrong, I am very proud to be an American!!!

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Our fore fathers found that mechinism that reached into the hearts of their fellow countrymen and bound them together to form a new republic.

I was raised the 40's/50's I've never seen such anger and disappointment in people as I do now and the politicians use this and foster the idea to divide the country because it grows their power and money, this administration is the best I have seen at the process.

I wish I had a solution but normally people or country must hit bottom before they react and in time that will happen for we are building a rich/ poor society and without the middle class freedom is gone.

The idea we can go home lock our doors watch TV and expect the world
    to remain the same is incorrect,the tea parties were a start but they
    must continue on a wider bases to accomplish anything.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Sage you may have missed my point.

We must find that MECHANISM that binds us, gives us that one voice.

You bring up some good points, but who exactly are you refereeing to as "us" in the above quote. Is that us conservatives, us Americans, us Texans, us gun owners?

If it is Americans as a whole, you must remember most (I believe 68% ~ approve of the BHO Administration and their policies) are happy with the way things are going. Do they want less unemployment and lower taxes etc...? sure, but the masses just accept such things when they have been brain washed by the main stream media that our POTUS is the Messiah and can do no wrong. It's all about pop culture, sound bites and "looking cool"

The strongest bipartisan unity the country had in 50 some years was for about a years period, starting 9/12/01. Prior to that is was the Cold war, Cuban missile deal and the Kennedy assassination that seemed to wake people up and unite. Sadly, it seems we don't know how to really come together as a country unless the SHTF.

If the US is Conservatives (Texans and Gun owners most likely in that group) then yes, we need a strong grass roots movement to have our ideas heard. I think we have that. My anecdotal perception is that conservatives are way more involved and informed the liberals as a whole. What we need is strong leaders with vision.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    You bring up some good points, but who exactly are you refereeing to as "us" in the above quote. Is that us conservatives, us Americans, us Texans, us gun owners?

If it is Americans as a whole, you must remember most (I believe 68% ~ approve of the BHO Administration and their policies) are happy with the way things are going. Do they want less unemployment and lower taxes etc...? sure, but the masses just accept such things when they have been brain washed by the main stream media that our POTUS is the Messiah and can do no wrong. It's all about pop culture, sound bites and "looking cool"

The strongest bipartisan unity the country had in 50 some years was for about a years period, starting 9/12/01. Prior to that is was the Cold war, Cuban missile deal and the Kennedy assassination that seemed to wake people up and unite. Sadly, it seems we don't know how to really come together as a country unless the SHTF.

If the US is Conservatives (Texans and Gun owners most likely in that group) then yes, we need a strong grass roots movement to have our ideas heard. I think we have that. My anecdotal perception is that conservatives are way more involved and informed the liberals as a whole. What we need is strong leaders with vision.

Hey Navy good to hear from ya!!!

The US - WE are like minded peoples.
    Our value systems are basically the same, our ethics and morals share the same bases. Our beliefs and commitments are based on truth, fact and an unyielding desire to better our nation as a whole.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    MadMo, you can't be thinking and stirring up the hornet's nest like this. It's only Thursday and I'm looking for the weekend.

In our few travels with the Navy we ran into all walks of life, with greatly varying attitudes towards social & political issues, no doubt brought about by people's geographic upbringing.

Every person I met either hated TX/Texans, or they loved TX/Texans. There was no middle ground.

This frustrated me to no end. To keep my sanity, I finally decided that people are idiots and either 1. Have not the understanding of the spirit of Texas or 2. Have not the strength to be a Texan. Who am I kidding, it's probably both.

Me - born, bred and will die a Texan, I have something millions across the country don't have the pleasure of ever having. Those that have found what I was lucky enough to be born into, it's good to have such a willing and strong citizen to carry further the Texas spirit. For the rest that continue to talk down and don't understand it, well...what's that Mr. Crockett? They can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas.

I think this business of seceding is the same way. Other states poke fun, they always have. I see Texas as secure and content knowing she can do anything she wants to do, when she wants to do it. All we wait on is the final slight, that straw the breaks the camel's back. I think the strength is in our reserved inaction. The mysterious and elegant beauty that is true independence and strength. I love it.

Quiet. Confident.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    MadMo, you can't be thinking and stirring up the hornet's nest like this. It's only Thursday and I'm looking for the weekend.
    I told ya I'd been thinking and it was scary!
    My reason behind the post is simple.
    Texas can secede and as stated be self sufficient but my point is we need to look at this beyond what is good for Texas and Texans.
    We have American patriots in every state in the union and we need to unit that voice as one.
    They are our fellow countrymen and deserve to live in free states.
    I want folks that read this rant to think about what mechanism, we have to unit our voices.
    Once united our voice can be heard and results can be realized.
    If Texas were to secede I am all over it - yea praise god we are free from the tyranny of the US Fed!!!!
    But I can't stop thinking of my fellow like minded countrymen trapped in their respective tyrannical states.:(

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I told ya I'd been thinking and it was scary!
    My reason behind the post is simple.
    Texas can secede and as stated be self sufficient but my point is we need to look at this beyond what is good for Texas and Texans.
    We have American patriots in every state in the union and we need to unit that voice as one.
    They are our fellow countrymen and deserve to live in free states.
    I want folks that read this rant to think about what mechanism, we have to unit our voices.
    Once united our voice can be heard and results can be realized.
    If Texas were to secede I am all over it - yea praise god we are free from the tyranny of the US Fed!!!!
    But I can't stop thinking of my fellow like minded countrymen trapped in their respective tyrannical states.:(

Unfortunately I think that's the catch 22. The general 'brass-less' attitudes of other states is the same attitudes that they use to lash out at Texas with. That is their downfall. I would go so far to say they're scared to make hard decisions and stand by them. The ones willing to go are probably outnumbered.

Maybe money too. It would be worth a look to see the financial workings of states that would potentially support secession verses states that wouldn't. I'm thinking in regards to income taxes, revenues, budget, etc. For some reason I'm thinking there are only 6 states that do not have an income tax (TX being one of them) and only 1 or 2 that don't charge a sales tax. Of course, on the opposite side glaring at us is CA and NY that have the highest tax rates in the country. Business regulations would probably be of influence. And let's not forget those still suckling from the government's teet. Some get more tee time than others...programs...demographics...industries...

hmmm, a study would be great!

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Every person I met either hated TX/Texans, or they loved TX/Texans. There was no middle ground.

I think it is because Texans have a pride in their state that few others do, and flat out they are jealous. Ever hear someone say "I proud to be a Californian" or from New Jersey? It irritates them that we are so happy with where we live.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Unfortunately I think that's the catch 22. The general 'brass-less' attitudes of other states is the same attitudes that they use to lash out at Texas with. That is their downfall. I would go so far to say they're scared to make hard decisions and stand by them. The ones willing to go are probably outnumbered.

Maybe money too. It would be worth a look to see the financial workings of states that would potentially support secession verses states that wouldn't. I'm thinking in regards to income taxes, revenues, budget, etc. For some reason I'm thinking there are only 6 states that do not have an income tax (TX being one of them) and only 1 or 2 that don't charge a sales tax. Of course, on the opposite side glaring at us is CA and NY that have the highest tax rates in the country. Business regulations would probably be of influence. And let's not forget those still suckling from the government's teet. Some get more tee time than others...programs...demographics...industries...

hmmm, a study would be great!

I'm hearing ya!!!
    A study would be nice.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Take away TOTUS (Teleprompter of the United States) and a lap dog media and you will see mediocrity and inexperience.

I agree 100% but he is a fine actor/Idol, remember we have a culture that loves American Idol, all fluff no substance, the past 35 years of left wing public schools have done a fine job and this administration is simply taking advantage of that situation. It all may change when college grads are fighting for jobs at WalMart or Home Depot, or they can't afford a car and are required to ride bus, train or perhaps bicycle to work, ah yes the socialist/communist world it will be so good.:banghead:

Top Bottom